Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Vanguard Heroes [IC]  (Read 8346 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vanguard Heroes [IC]
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2021, 09:17:44 am »

Need a Flyer to help with this.

Divine RNG: RMB.
Cast Levitate on Self to climb up to it's shoulders so I can shoot some eyes out. Time for some free running.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2021, 01:09:50 pm »

Lacking a host, there was only one helpful move that Phobic could make. The giant was not without its fears and the time had come to exploit this as much as possible. At the very least, this could buy a bit more time.

Phobic invokes Fear Animus on the giant, giving the manifestation the instruction to attempt to do whatever it is that the Giant would be afraid of.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2021, 01:19:35 pm »

Gax looks towards his masked companion.

"Oi Benny Boy! Ya said ya have an unlimited number of them grenades? Toss one mah way! I'll use mah gunboots to grenade-jump up onto the giant where I can deal some real damage!"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2021, 02:07:28 pm »

Ben has to see that.

Assist Gax with as many grenades as desired.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2021, 06:53:50 am »

Gax hops on the grenade(s?), hoping the gunboots work as advertised. He uses their explosive power to launch himself through the air toward the giant, swinging his axe into it with the force of his jump as he does so. He aims to land somewhere where he can get a foothold, but will jam his axe in the side and hold on if he doesn't get high enough.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2021, 07:17:37 am »

*continued annoyed look*
*groan*
Portalis shoots a few Shadow Blasts at the giant's ankle where the shaped stone is emerging, to aid in the tripping of the colossal menace.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2021, 11:29:36 am »

Damn you, fools!

Mathel tries to trip the giant with shaped stone.

*continued annoyed look*
*groan*
Portalis shoots a few Shadow Blasts at the giant's ankle where the shaped stone is emerging, to aid in the tripping of the colossal menace.

Mathel used his signature geomancy spell to trip the giant with a couple of rocks.The stones that were shaped aren’t big enough to trip a giant sized creature and instead served as a spike that the creature stepped on and damaged. Portalis assisted Mathel in his effort to trip the giant but the spikes that were on the ground made the creature stuck so it didn’t work as intended. It’s still damaged the giant. Giant: [-25HP]

"Well this has gone very poorly."
Dr. Goldstine starts firing his Mauser C96 at the creatures legs, while also trying to stay out from under it's feet.

Dr.Gold aims at the creature’s legs with his guns. The damage the giant took doesn’t deal as much compared to the damages from larger projectiles. Giant: [-5HP]

Need a Flyer to help with this.

Divine RNG: RMB.
Cast Levitate on Self to climb up to it's shoulders so I can shoot some eyes out. Time for some free running.

Arte climbs up the giant and equip her plasma rifle and shoots the thing where it sees… though it doesn’t have eyes. Arte instead guns in the general direction of its head. The creature seems unprovoked by it, same as Dr.Gold attack. Giant: [-5HP]

1d6=1. Arte summons yet another creature. Arte summoned a blue slime. It’s really moist and gelatinous. The creature is confused why it’s standing on top of a moving platform.

Lacking a host, there was only one helpful move that Phobic could make. The giant was not without its fears and the time had come to exploit this as much as possible. At the very least, this could buy a bit more time.

Phobic invokes Fear Animus on the giant, giving the manifestation the instruction to attempt to do whatever it is that the Giant would be afraid of.

Phobic once again cast fear animus to spawn yet another mysterious human figure. The projection remains still. The giant kept walking straight forward and ignored everything that was around it. The projection materializes and makes contact with phobic. For unknown reason, The projection is capable of communicating.

“...??... Where am i..” The only one who can hear this message is phobic.

Gax hops on the grenade(s?), hoping the gunboots work as advertised. He uses their explosive power to launch himself through the air toward the giant, swinging his axe into it with the force of his jump as he does so. He aims to land somewhere where he can get a foothold, but will jam his axe in the side and hold on if he doesn't get high enough.

Gax successfully landed on the giant’s shoulder and used his axe to balance himself by sticking it into the giant’s skin. Gax takes notice that as he stabs the giant, the creature’s healing factor is so fast, it’s as if the skin is regenerating at a rapid state that it’s going to push his axe sooner or later. Giant: [-2HP]

Lakar catched up with the others and reached the upper level and headed towards the exit. He quickly ordered his men to retreat to the village for evacuation. He asked you to hold the thing off before it reaches the village. Jhuni is still following portallis hoping for his leadership to work in their favor.

Gax and Arte seem to have a company. Multiple creatures spawned from the top of the giant’s upper body. They advance forth towards their direction. A four armed bird and a creature with large muscles.  It seems that attacking the creature while riding it won’t be as easy.

The creature marches forward. Continue to ignore everything that’s happening.

Battle:

Map:

((Uni is starting and im gonna be more busy, updates are gonna be late sorry))
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2021, 12:37:51 pm »

Mathel casts Stone Skin on himself.
I don't think I can do much from back here. Phobic, let's see what we can do.

Mathel is now willing for fusion.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2021, 05:38:02 pm »

Phobic responds <I do not know for certain. The best I can offer is a wild guess or two. My first thought is that you are somewhere within the giant over there. My second thought is that you are sealed away somewhere and have the ability to communicate via avatars, one of which I have artificially created. Apologies, something pressing came up.>

Phobic turns its attention to Mathel. <Got it. This might hurt a bit, bear with me.>

Phobic wasn't 100% sure it would be able to get through the stoneskin, but if the target was willing then it would probably still work.

Phobic attempts to use Symbiosis on Mathel!
(Phobic does not maintain the Fear Animus, as initiating Symbiosis requires too much focus)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2021, 08:50:39 am »

"I guess it's a little late to realize I should have brought a more powerful gun."
Dr. Goldstine puts away the Mauser C96 and starts shooting the creature's legs with his coach gun.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2021, 01:22:39 pm »

Removing his axe from the giant, Gax instead attempts to re-plant it in the muscled creature's torso. If successful he shouts

"ELIZABETH! Ice!"

to freeze his axe to the muscled creature. He'll then attempt to throw the creature into the giant's mouth, with a

"NOW FIRE!"

to melt the ice right before the creature gets launched.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2021, 01:36:23 pm »

*irritated groan*
Portalis continues shooting at the creature's legs with Shadow Blasts.

He is NOT liking several things about the situation, starting with the feeling of relative powerlessness against this foe. That feeling is one of the most absolutely despised feelings of all. He is also regretting making himself the leader, seeing as how things have a chance to go poorly. On top of all of this, he doesn't particularly care about the mission itself, but feels forced to contribute to it. Incredibly, incredibly frustrating.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2021, 02:40:07 pm »

Shoot the giant a few times, while trying to run ahead of it.  Try to avoid getting stomped.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2021, 03:36:13 pm »

Attack the Bird Slime, engulf it

Divine RNG, a random Spell strong enough to destroy the head of this giant.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2021, 12:33:49 am »

Mathel casts Stone Skin on himself.
I don't think I can do much from back here. Phobic, let's see what we can do.

Mathel is now willing for fusion.

Phobic responds <I do not know for certain. The best I can offer is a wild guess or two. My first thought is that you are somewhere within the giant over there. My second thought is that you are sealed away somewhere and have the ability to communicate via avatars, one of which I have artificially created. Apologies, something pressing came up.>

Phobic turns its attention to Mathel. <Got it. This might hurt a bit, bear with me.>

Phobic wasn't 100% sure it would be able to get through the stoneskin, but if the target was willing then it would probably still work.

Phobic attempts to use Symbiosis on Mathel!
(Phobic does not maintain the Fear Animus, as initiating Symbiosis requires too much focus)

Phobic and Mathel fusion together to become a rock solid slime form. Mathel gains access to phobic's additional skills after they fusion.

"I guess it's a little late to realize I should have brought a more powerful gun."
Dr. Goldstine puts away the Mauser C96 and starts shooting the creature's legs with his coach gun.

Shoot the giant a few times, while trying to run ahead of it.  Try to avoid getting stomped.

Dr.Goldstein and ben kept shooting the giant's legs while keep track of it's movement. Trying to not the giant get away from sight line while maintaining a safe distance. Giant [-10HP]

Removing his axe from the giant, Gax instead attempts to re-plant it in the muscled creature's torso. If successful he shouts

"ELIZABETH! Ice!"

to freeze his axe to the muscled creature. He'll then attempt to throw the creature into the giant's mouth, with a

"NOW FIRE!"

to melt the ice right before the creature gets launched.

Gax challenged the muscled creature. Gax tries to plant his axe deep into the creature's flesh and after successfully doing so, He tries to froze the creature and attempt to immobilize it with ice element. The attempt isn't completely successful as the creature's muscle is too massive. Gax melts the ice after freezing it by turning the element in his axe into fire. The creature takes more damage from the sequences. The creature shoved gax away to the edge of the shoulder. Almost pushing him off the body.
Muscles [-4HP]
Gax [-1HP]

Attack the Bird Slime, engulf it

Divine RNG, a random Spell strong enough to destroy the head of this giant.

Arte commands the slime to engulf(?) the bird. The slime jumps towards the bird making it unable to see where it’s flying. The bird stumbled off the creature’s shoulder. The bird quickly dispatched the slim off it’s face. After that, the bird continues pursuing towards arte.

1d6= 6. Arte rolls the dice to obtain a spell powerful enough to eliminate the giant’s head.. Arte obtains the Firaga spell after swapping it with flee.

*irritated groan*
Portalis continues shooting at the creature's legs with Shadow Blasts.

He is NOT liking several things about the situation, starting with the feeling of relative powerlessness against this foe. That feeling is one of the most absolutely despised feelings of all. He is also regretting making himself the leader, seeing as how things have a chance to go poorly. On top of all of this, he doesn't particularly care about the mission itself, but feels forced to contribute to it. Incredibly, incredibly frustrating.

Portalis repeats the same previous action by shooting the giant's legs. Giant [-10HP]

Jhuni takes notice of Portalis observation skill. From before, she takes notes that phobic's projection is capable of communicating.. She's analyzing if there's something more to it. She is testing to see if she's able to communicate with the creature. Similar method with phobic but more of a direct approach by talking to the creature with her telepathy.

"Mr leader sir, I think I can attempt to communicate with this mysterious individual that seems to be the culprit of this giant monster. Maybe I can use my telepathy and project ourselves into the creature's mind. What do you think?" Jhuni offered her suggestion to portalis.

Battle:

Map:

Discord For forum rpg and stuffs
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10