Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111313 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 1 - The Badge Seller
« Reply #765 on: December 29, 2020, 06:27:13 pm »

Jim, Toaster, if you two get in the thread before the end, you should know the Tric vote isnt going anywhere, it's Toony or Leafsnail now. So nail your colours to the mast.
Also LuckyOwl and Heydude, please post.

A counterwagon against Leafsanil is possible even this late. However like others said, haven't really found a read on him compared to others.
And why is that exactly?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 29, 2020, 06:29:47 pm »

But mafia don't win games by lurking.
They absolutely can.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 29, 2020, 06:31:33 pm »

Jim, Toaster, if you two get in the thread before the end, you should know the Tric vote isnt going anywhere, it's Toony or Leafsnail now. So nail your colours to the mast.

Hrmph.  I can look a bit more.

Where are you getting the last two votes, though?  Jim and I would put Leafsnail at 6.  Tric?

But mafia don't win games by lurking.
They absolutely can.

Can and have.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 29, 2020, 06:32:48 pm »

4mask
I find it interesting you're willing to go so hard to the mat for Toonyman this late in the day, though.  You've personally canvassed first Fallacy and now Nirur to try and build your counterwagon on Leafsnail.
I know the classic Bay12 approach would be to let people sit on votes that don't do anything and sleepwalk into mislynch after mislynch,  but I'd prefer to try to play more effectively.
Cute.

Nirur, at least you're honest. But you know that approach isn't effective play. Be brave now.
Man you are really going hard on the emotional manipulation.  This is quite important to you.

I don't think Toony is the best person to lynch today, I think Leafsnail is a better pick and so I'm going to try to make that a reality.

Do you think town players shouldn't put their neck on the line and try to make things happen, even when they can't be certain?
That exactly why I want to see one of you or Toony flip.  It should be enlightening as to your motivations.

@4maskwolf:
@4maskwolf:
It's certainly interesting.  I'm actually less interested in seeing Toony flip now than I am in seeing your flip, but I don't have any belief I could swing that with only hours left and half the game not present.  So I'll stick with Toonyman.
Bullshit. The day isn't over until the day is over. You do want to see me flip.
I do, yes.  I'm still interested in seeing you flip, but I'd also like to see NQT flip.
You say you want to see NQT flip more, why aren't you voting him?
Because "the day isn't over yet" is bullshit.  I don't have a proper case on NQT, there's no practiceable way for me to fish enough votes to get NQT on the block even if I can convince Icy to work with me on this.
I don't believe you. Why do you want to see NQT's flip more than mine but not follow through on it?
You don't have to believe my answer, but it has already been provided for you.

Never, in nearly seven years of playing Bay12 mafia, have I ever seen this level of hyperactivity at an EoD marker unless a scum was in danger.  "Dead Air, Dead Town", and the scum certainly aren't remaining quiet tonight.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 29, 2020, 06:34:56 pm »

Toony: weren't you going to claim if you were about to hang?   Has your stance on this changed?  I'm not asking for a claim; I want you current opinion on what you said before.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 29, 2020, 06:35:37 pm »

Bleh I've woken up to close to the dayend so I'll write responses from memory

Vector
I literally could not care less about your case. It's passable. ICT's case was also passable and slightly more so. Both were very meh and I find them uncompelling. I've been voting ToonyMan since my reads list which predates anyone else going after him besides NJW farming the slip (and not acting on it) except for the time where I was on 4maskwolf, which I bailed on after someone made a mechanical claim in the thread.
4maskwolf's initial case on toonyman was short and poorly articulated and going after toonyman for things which I didn't/don't think reflect on his alignment or which I disagree with (that he had a poor RVS etc.), and I think that it was scummy of 4maskwolf to make that case. However, 4maskwolf has been doing the most after the formation of the wagon to stay on toonyman and continue to give him shit for clearly refusing to engage with the things people actually say, for rolefishing, for handling his 'reveal'/claim that's the only proffered counter to my/NJW's case (besides the parts of the case which are about the super scummy way he handled the conversation and later dialogues with me and 4maskwolf, i.e. 2/3 of that case and most of why I'm still voting him) so fucking poorly and ambiguously that it seems like it's obviously fake (where is it, ToonyMan?).
I don't have a problem with your case in the sense that it makes me think you're scum, I just don't think it's very strong and if that's the only reason you were voting ToonyMan then sure, I wouldn't be surprised to see you unvote today.

NQT I don't disagree that leafsnail is scummy. More than anything else, I haven't gone through his posts and made a big case over it. It would be similar to the one I made on 4maskwolf, which I made on 4maskwolf because I thought I'd be able to resolve that case this day (I was, though it had a mechanical aid). Lynching ToonyMan is better because I physically have my hands on the articulated form of the case against him, so I can reasonably conclude that it's merits are real. Can you actually demonstrate to me that Leafsnail hasn't done anything in this game to try to find people's alignments (e.g. the way I tried to in my case on 4maskwolf)? Can you do this before dayend?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 29, 2020, 06:35:55 pm »

By nature, I could also switch my vote if I felt I had a proper lead or if I thought ToonyMan town, bringing it to 7-6.

And a mafia that won by doing nothing at all doesn't exist as far as I know. You need at least some posting and using your vote. If one did, would like to read that game.

3 posts.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 29, 2020, 06:37:51 pm »

4mask, you say "emotional manipulation", I say "attempts at persuasion". It's only important to me because I'm trying to play to my wincon. And the more active we are with actively reassessing wagons, the more likely we are to catch scum. I think you're right "dead air, dead town", I'm trying to talk us into a better lynch.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 29, 2020, 06:38:45 pm »

4mask, you say "emotional manipulation", I say "attempts at persuasion". It's only important to me because I'm trying to play to my wincon. And the more active we are with actively reassessing wagons, the more likely we are to catch scum. I think you're right "dead air, dead town", I'm trying to talk us into a better lynch.
And if that truly is your motivation I appreciate the activity you're generating, if nothing else it will make Day 2 much better than it might have been.

I just don't believe you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 29, 2020, 06:38:58 pm »

Toony: weren't you going to claim if you were about to hang?   Has your stance on this changed?  I'm not asking for a claim; I want you current opinion on what you said before.
Yes.

If I'm certain I'll be lynched or if the vote is tied and too close to call then I have a notepad file I'm going to paste into the thread.
I will do this a minute or two before the deadline.

I'm not posting my role and notes otherwise.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 29, 2020, 06:40:12 pm »

It doesn't have any mod stuff copy-pasted. Everything is in my own writing and not rule-breaking.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 29, 2020, 06:40:39 pm »

Toaster
Quote from: Toaster link=topic=177586.msg8228760#msg8228760
Where are you getting the last two votes, though?  Jim and I would put Leafsnail at 6.  Tric?
someone would have to swap off the Toony wagon, yes.

More than anything, I want people to know they're not getting away with just drifting into this. This lynch is an active choice.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 29, 2020, 06:41:56 pm »

Never, in nearly seven years of playing Bay12 mafia, have I ever seen this level of hyperactivity at an EoD marker unless a scum was in danger.  "Dead Air, Dead Town", and the scum certainly aren't remaining quiet tonight.

I knew our time had overlapped. I'm sorry for calling you a noob.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 29, 2020, 06:42:49 pm »

Oh right
Jim
Go pound sand. Out of the three strands of the wagon on ToonyMan, vector's case was the weakest. My/NJW's was the longest in the making and the most compelling and if I'm reading this right is the crux of ICT's and he only didn't go into it because I did so first. If people are saying that someone slipped as scum, and you don't read the slip or any of the developments coming out of it, and you assume that the entire wagon is based on some weak case the maker of which is wavering on, then sure, it'll look like groupthink nonsense.

ToonyMan
What's the point of a claim so close to the line that nobody can examine your claim or articulate a new case? Just to get someone to panick unvote before the deadline and waste the D1 lynch?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 29, 2020, 06:44:12 pm »

I knew our time had overlapped. I'm sorry for calling you a noob.
I think our time only overlapped in the sense that you were running Iron Diadem when I joined, I don't think we ever actually played together.

Also, I'm pretty sure that by this game's standards I'm still technically a noob.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 122