Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 68334 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!
« Reply #885 on: December 22, 2020, 06:07:30 am »

If you can't tell, I had a lot of fun. You basically made a playable Danganrompa. We had clever scheming, people trying to escape, people trying to kill, and plenty of surprise twists. It was great :D

Be proud of yourself Meph, few could have achieved something like this.

Being at the end, I'm left with a few questions though. Some for you and some for the other players.

For Meph

I was surprised to learn that you didn't intentionally place the spaceship repair ad to clue us into the fact that we could try to use it to escape and likewise interact with the world. Did you have any escape possibility in mind initially or did you just make a world a try to see what your crazy players would come up with?

Building off of that first question, how did you expect this to play out? Did you expect us to escape together? Did you expect us to play to the last man? Which people did you think were most likely to win? Were you expecting us to annihilate each other and leave no victor behind?

For the players

This is my first time surviving to the end of a mafia game, and I'm curious to hear what you guys thought of me as a player? When I looked through the dead chat I saw a lot of hate (You could say I was quite the heel), but in the end we managed to make it out together and I think I played an important roll in that. How do you feel? What did you think of the big speech I made in Day 3? It sure shocked a lot of people.

Now it's time for the poster idea. I'm putting my 200KOR into something like this:

The bloody corpses of Trickmagic, Iceytea, and Luckyowl are in a trail behind me.

I am right behind Jim wearing Ghandi robes and holding a blood-stained conscientious objector in a readied stance. Ready to swing it and clobber him with it while he smugly savours the spotlight, unaware of what's about to happen to him.

You shouldn't have turned your back on your teammates Jim.

One thing that became clear to me while looking back through the posts is that I was a massive hypocrite. Killing LuckyOwl and then telling everyone to stop doing wanton murder was comedy gold. In spite of that, I genuinely did play an important role in keeping the peace. I wanted to represent that in the poster somehow.

Plus revenge against Jim is oh so sweet!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 06:12:06 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #886 on: December 22, 2020, 08:35:53 am »

The Monitor
(1470) Legendary Exterminator: (1470) Jim Groovester
(500) Ignored Ghost: (500) ToonyMan
(200) Sponsors Investigate: (200) TricMagic
(200) Revenge Mob: (200) heydude6

• 1 scene request per player.
• Support bids on multiple other submissions allowed.
• Private submission by PM allowed, include both myself and Mephansteras as recipients.

Epilogue bidding phase will go until ~Wednesday at 5pm PST!
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #887 on: December 22, 2020, 08:40:19 am »

Also, feel free to change your bid. You can even update the scene suggestion so long as no one is supporting the old one. Make a new post if you want to update or change your bid.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 08:47:54 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 22, 2020, 09:00:08 am »

Nice summary Heydude. I'm sure Jim will post the rest when he has time. Webadict is setting up BYOR15 so I don't know if he will.

If you can't tell, I had a lot of fun. You basically made a playable Danganrompa. We had clever scheming, people trying to escape, people trying to kill, and plenty of surprise twists. It was great :D
Upupupu.

For Meph
Building off of that first question, how did you expect this to play out? Did you expect us to escape together? Did you expect us to play to the last man? Which people did you think were most likely to win? Were you expecting us to annihilate each other and leave no victor behind?
I'll put the Bastard Paranormal up into signups today and let it run through the weekend and hopefully get started by Monday.
It's not a long game if things go as I expect they will. But I think people will have a ton of fun with it.
You be the judge.

This is my first time surviving to the end of a mafia game, and I'm curious to hear what you guys thought of me as a player?
Wow really? Congratulations! I've never played with you before so starting in a SK bastard was spooky.

You sure killed a lot of people though. When IcyTea came up dead too I was 50/50 on you working with Jim immediately. Funny enough your cooperation would come right afterwards.

One thing that became clear to me while looking back through the posts is that I was a massive hypocrite. Killing LuckyOwl and then telling everyone to stop doing wanton murder was comedy gold. In spite of that, I genuinely did play an important role in keeping the peace. I wanted to represent that in the poster somehow.
*kills Tricmagic*
Don't kill me guys it was justified!
*kills IcyTea*
We need to work together!
*kills Luckyowl*
No more killing!

Highest kill count, and you survived! A murdering wordsmith at work.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 22, 2020, 10:58:18 am »

For Meph

I was surprised to learn that you didn't intentionally place the spaceship repair ad to clue us into the fact that we could try to use it to escape and likewise interact with the world. Did you have any escape possibility in mind initially or did you just make a world a try to see what your crazy players would come up with?

I just made a world and was open to what people wanted to do. I fully expected someone to contact the outside world, but was more thinking along the lines of the bounty hunter contact than the repair station. But I found Jim calling the repair station to be a brilliant idea!

Well, like Toonyman points out, I kinda expected way more people to die Night 1 when I first set it up. I honestly expected at least one plasma bomb to go off! But people were very anti-killing that first day, so I was reevaluating. I was even prepared to launch the Day 2 rules changes Day 1 if it looked like a suicide-pact was going to happen.

Beyond that, I wasn't sure what would happen starting day 2. I certainly expected some people to work out that they had more options, given that it was a bastard. So things like Web wiring up a plasma bomb to the life support wasn't too surprising. I expected more traps and the like, and less concentrated 'we need to get out of here'. I also expected at least one or two people to go hard on the stated win condition.

What actually happened was fascinating!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #890 on: December 22, 2020, 11:20:07 am »

What actually happened was fascinating!
Indeed.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 22, 2020, 11:25:58 am »

Fortunately for me, I've been DMing for decades now and am very used to just doing a lot of improv to keep the game going and fun.

So, bonus for everyone, you now know a bit of what it's like being in a D&D game of mine! (Without the PvP part, anyway. That's all Mafia.)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 22, 2020, 11:30:15 am »

I died before I could kill anyone so...

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 22, 2020, 12:02:05 pm »

The Monitor
(1470) Legendary Exterminator: (1470) Jim Groovester
(500) Ignored Ghost: (500) ToonyMan
(200) Sponsors Investigate: (200) TricMagic
(200) Revenge Mob: (200) heydude6

• 1 scene request per player.
• Support bids on multiple other submissions allowed.
• Private submission by PM allowed, include both myself and Mephansteras as recipients.

Epilogue bidding phase will go until ~Wednesday at 5pm PST!

I bid rollerskates for 100

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 22, 2020, 12:24:57 pm »

I honestly think ToonyMan is right. If people had different wincons or were different starting points, it likely would have devolved. Unknowns make people paranoid, so if at the beginning of the game, the Intel had different types of Exterminator (Don't even have to name them, just put Type A, Prototype, Weapons Spec, etc.) and different starting points, the game would have been massively confusing.

Basically, I only tried to break out because the game was unwinnable to play normally. Symmetry broke the possibility to win because everyone would assume I was nefarious and kill me. So, I had to win through unconventional wincon.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #895 on: December 22, 2020, 01:36:39 pm »

I should remind/reiterate just for posterity (people seem to understand) that ALL bids will 'win', just the amount will relate to its' relative representation.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: December 22, 2020, 01:51:53 pm »

I should remind/reiterate just for posterity (people seem to understand) that ALL bids will 'win', just the amount will relate to its' relative representation.
I don't remember, but I think I have access to Jim's account. Can I use Jim's money to buy stuff?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #897 on: December 22, 2020, 04:35:19 pm »

Hmm, I'll let the host answer that.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 22, 2020, 06:31:36 pm »

I don't remember, but I think I have access to Jim's account. Can I use Jim's money to buy stuff?

Hmm. No, I don't think so. He gave you the passcode to his communicator in case he died, but I don't think he just gave you access to account itself. So, not without getting his communicator off of him.

Also depends on whether or note roseheart is taking the money as soon as it is pledged or if the pledge is a promise.

If he's taking it as soon as it is pledged, then there is no more money for you to use to buy stuff with.
Come play Mafia with us!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #899 on: December 23, 2020, 04:06:16 am »

Promise, not instant.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62