Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 34141 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 3 - *Replacement requested*
« Reply #330 on: November 10, 2020, 08:51:02 am »

Okay then. I can setup a confirmation circle unless one of Persus13, Caz, or Luckyowl disagree.

Caz, investigate TricMagic.
Persus13, guard Luckyowl.
TricMagic, guard Caz.
webadict, investigate TricMagic. (Idk why it's called investigate, I act like a total coward and hide, lol)
Luckyowl, uh, talk to the dead.

This way, the only targets to kill are TricMagic and Persus13. However, if TricMagic dies, I die with them, and that leaves Persus13 as the suspect. And if Persus13 dies, I am cleared by Caz, and that leaves TricMagic as the suspect. If Luckyowl dies, Persus13 is the suspect. If Caz dies, TricMagic is the suspect.

Sounds good to me, but I'll take suggestions from Caz, Luckyowl, and Persus13. Mostly, I can switch which one of the guards I am hiding at.

But, that's in case roseheart isn't the last Dopp. Which they probably are.

I'd mostly switch who is guarding who. But eh', similar enough.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #331 on: November 10, 2020, 09:39:29 am »

We can't forget that Caz might be dopp. Just because they might've potentially threw there own team member under the bus, doesn't clear them off the bat. So this is what I think happened. Caz threw their own teammate under the bus after seeing  Juicebox was a lost cause. This move makes Caz look like town, and basically made everyone think they are town. But I don't think so. We shouldn't leave Caz off our list. They even decided on lynching Roseheart even though we are planning for a no lynch day. 5/6 is better than 4/6.

If Webadict is sneak. I propose for him to sneak in  Caz's house to see if they will be there. If Caz is there this proves that Caz is townie.
The dopp can't hide anymore, it has to kill tonight due to it's bloodlust. So someone will die. If it's me. then the dopp wasted a kill. If it's not me and one of you guys. I can communicate to one of you guys and bring your evidence to the living. either way the dopp is screwed.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 10, 2020, 09:42:55 am »

Who is planning not to lynch today? If roseheart is mafia, there won't be another night. What are you playing at?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #333 on: November 10, 2020, 09:49:08 am »

Who is planning not to lynch today? If roseheart is mafia, there won't be another night. What are you playing at?

IF he isn't where does that leave us? webadict becomes sus. The dopp will now have one less townie to deal with. And we'll have 4/6 instead of 5/6.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 10, 2020, 09:50:05 am »

Honestly, the person I need cleared is myself. Since I'm the one with the biggest WIFOM potential. If Caz dies, I rely on Luckyowl getting the info from dead Caz. If you die, I am cleared by virtue of being dead.

The problem is that if no one dies tomorrow, I think the right play is lynching me, since I'm still a wild card. We basically have a free lynch, and I'm the one with the most chance to throw the game, so if we get to tomorrow and no one has died, the person to lynch is me. Basically... I need to die or have Caz see me when someone dies.

That's all plans that make sense to me. Again, if somehow Luckyowl or Caz aren't Town, gg them, I got played hard.

Oh and Tric, there can be two Detectives on the same team. There are no unique roles on this game.

We can't forget that Caz might be dopp. Just because they might've potentially threw there own team member under the bus, doesn't clear them off the bat. So this is what I think happened. Caz threw their own teammate under the bus after seeing  Juicebox was a lost cause. This move makes Caz look like town, and basically made everyone think they are town. But I don't think so. We shouldn't leave Caz off our list. They even decided on lynching Roseheart even though we are planning for a no lynch day. 5/6 is better than 4/6.

If Webadict is sneak. I propose for him to sneak in  Caz's house to see if they will be there. If Caz is there this proves that Caz is townie.
The dopp can't hide anymore, it has to kill tonight due to it's bloodlust. So someone will die. If it's me. then the dopp wasted a kill. If it's not me and one of you guys. I can communicate to one of you guys and bring your evidence to the living. either way the dopp is screwed.
Certainly seems fine, but that relies on everyone knowing I'm Town, and honestly, it is more likely people believe Caz than they believe me.

I actually told Caz I was Sneak Yesterday precisely BECAUSE I wanted there to be clear them today. If Caz was a Doppelganger with 9 million IQ, I still feel like they would kill someone last Night, instead of targeting me (not confirmed, but best guess). They would then be able to crush our circle.

I am unfortunately the one that jumped on the bandwagon. Caz was second to the party, confirming juicebox was lying. I was third. I am the suspicipus one, not Caz.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 10, 2020, 11:07:38 am »

The Whiteboard
roseheart: Caz, Persus13, TricMagic, webadict
No Lynch: roseheart

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #336 on: November 10, 2020, 11:41:58 am »

Look, I am in a bad position. But as a town investigator I am obligated to try and prevent my own lynching.

Oh rose, sweetheart that you are, I'm going to skip a page of reading. I'm the Observant Guard. that puts the roles which can reveal alignment way over the limit for belief.

You're either mistaken, or the other investigator, isn't. If this is your strongest reason for calling me the Dopp, then there are no good reasons being leveraged against me, because I am, and I can prove it.

That puts me in the place of needing to argue my life is more valuable than anyone the dopp chooses to target tonight. I don't know if that is true. But I have atleast some value, as I can verify if someone is lying.

I urge those pushing a roseheart lynch today to reasses that value. If it would not be better to varify if I am lying, and easily lynch me tomorrow.
This will be an opportunity for the other investigator to legitamize their claim.

Is there anything anti town in what I am proposing? Please explain.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 3
« Reply #337 on: November 10, 2020, 11:47:23 am »

I'm going to be busy for several hours.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 10, 2020, 12:01:49 pm »

Caz led the lynch on juicebox. Before Caz showed up there was just some suspicion over juicebox having a kill role. If Caz was a dopp he could have easily said "Yeah I investigated juice and they were a Vigilante" and it would have gone way easier for them. I voted juice initially in part because I wanted to pressure him to explain himself and if juice had done that well, gotten backed up by other people and done some good day work, he could have lived, just been slightly suspicious.

Being concerned Caz is scum is fine, but he's at the bottom of my list of suspects and there's plenty of reasons to be more suspicious of literally everyone else.

I'm fine with a roseheart lynch because I think they're probably the last scum, but I haven't seen a great case for no lynching yet. Also I joked about Hivemind conspiracy theories earlier, but the push for a no lynch does concern me.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 10, 2020, 12:04:50 pm »

Main issue is you are arguing your life is worth more than confirmation of your dopp-ness. Like from day one, we can't actually trust anything you say since roles aren't alignment indicative. Doesn't help you say I'm a bodyguard but not what type I am. Me being a bodyguard could be inferred from hints day 2, if I was an investigative role, why not claim then? At the moment, I am very much a target for death now that that's out.

Nin. Persus, are you targeting Luckyowl or Caz tonight?
Okay then. I can setup a confirmation circle unless one of Persus13, Caz, or Luckyowl disagree.

Caz, investigate TricMagic.
Persus13, guard Luckyowl.
TricMagic, guard Caz.
webadict, investigate TricMagic. (Idk why it's called investigate, I act like a total coward and hide, lol)
Luckyowl, uh, talk to the dead.

This way, the only targets to kill are TricMagic and Persus13. However, if TricMagic dies, I die with them, and that leaves Persus13 as the suspect. And if Persus13 dies, I am cleared by Caz, and that leaves TricMagic as the suspect. If Luckyowl dies, Persus13 is the suspect. If Caz dies, TricMagic is the suspect.

Sounds good to me, but I'll take suggestions from Caz, Luckyowl, and Persus13. Mostly, I can switch which one of the guards I am hiding at.

But, that's in case roseheart isn't the last Dopp. Which they probably are.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 10, 2020, 12:05:55 pm »

I haven't looked over the plans yet. We've still got over 48 hours until day end.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #341 on: November 10, 2020, 12:39:24 pm »

I don't know why webadict is pushing this charge so hard, when I am truly offering a plethera of ways to verify that I am infact town. Not what I expected to find when I woke up this morning.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 10, 2020, 12:42:19 pm »

Look, I am in a bad position. But as a town investigator I am obligated to try and prevent my own lynching.

Oh rose, sweetheart that you are, I'm going to skip a page of reading. I'm the Observant Guard. that puts the roles which can reveal alignment way over the limit for belief.

You're either mistaken, or the other investigator, isn't. If this is your strongest reason for calling me the Dopp, then there are no good reasons being leveraged against me, because I am, and I can prove it.

That puts me in the place of needing to argue my life is more valuable than anyone the dopp chooses to target tonight. I don't know if that is true. But I have atleast some value, as I can verify if someone is lying.

I urge those pushing a roseheart lynch today to reasses that value. If it would not be better to varify if I am lying, and easily lynch me tomorrow.
This will be an opportunity for the other investigator to legitamize their claim.

You've still failed to tell us who you investigated night 2. N1 persus, then n2 no one? Why? And you are a bit late to claim now given that everyone has claimed (which you were asked to do and refused). Whichever alignment, this is bad play :(

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 10, 2020, 12:46:57 pm »

Roseheart, I honestly understand that, but... who do you think is scum instead? What good does NLing do here? If you are left alive, what can you do? You still haven't claimed who you targeted N2.

Like, your best argument is that it's one of me, Tric, or Persus13, because there is pretty much no way you could convince any of us that it's Caz or Luckyowl.

I am the only one who knew I was actually a Sneak (except you, given your claim). I don't know what we're expected to believe here. Why No Lynch? Just because we're at 6? If someone dies, then what? Then you're still suspicious? You can't be proven unless I hide at your house and see you don't leave. But that requires me to be proven to believe in that. And I'm not. So, why would you have faith in that? Do you think it's one of Persus13 or Tric?

That's what I need. You have to be suspicious of someone.
I don't know why webadict is pushing this charge so hard, when I am truly offering a plethera of ways to verify that I am infact town. Not what I expected to find when I woke up this morning.
Because it's pretty likely you. If you think I am scum, then call me out. I am willing to be lynched tomorrow if I lie. Like, if you are Town, I am either confirmed or die Tonight. Or Caz wins, and honestly, biggest fucking brain play if they do, like I wouldn't even be mad. I'd be impressed.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 10, 2020, 12:50:13 pm »

Actually, given your claim, your only move is to claim I'm lying, rose. Either that, or recheck your action and confirm me.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38