Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Special Cats: end  (Read 9257 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Special Cats: October 5, Beetle
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2020, 06:33:58 pm »

-

It turns out that there's a drawback to making the GM roll over a dozen dice for 1 action. Oh well.

Time to find someone who can heal me and remember not to potentially waste one of my 9 lives over a bird of all creatures.

Name: Fluffy the Terrible
Appearance: Fluffy and black and terrible luck all over. Has blue eyes, and 13 white stripes on his back.
Things that make you the best: Fluffiness
Signature Spell: Dice Storm (causes 1d6 dice to fly at lethal velocity towards an enemy, flipping a coin and hitting enemies if the coin lands on heads.)
Strikes: 4
Stuff: Staff of Uncertainty (has a large d6 attached to the top, and a d4 attached to the bottom. causes spells with dice to roll an additional die on rolls of 6 or above, bonus dice can possibly get more bonus dice. also makes a good greatmace)

You're not physically wounded, so a physician probably won't work. There's no real way to regenerate your magic other than to wait and rest.
Though, you do find a man who offers to give you drugs which should make you less tired. He doesn't mention any negative downsides to taking them but you feel like it's implied.

You flip a chance-token to decide if you should take them or not.
[Claw]
Seeing the result, you politely refuse. You'll just have to wait.

They're there. What do you want me to say about a cat's whiskers? They're all pretty similar to each other.
Whaaaat?! Mine are clearly superior to those of the other cats! See how they glisten in the sun, each one trimmed to perfection, a sublime elegance mirroring that of our kind as a whole. A set of unkempt whiskers deface more than just the cat they are on, they are a blight against all of us.

Also, shoot at the beetles if they get aggressive, dangerous, or annoying.

Name: Mr. Whiskers
Appearance: a proud and pretty kitty
Things that make you the best: the whiskers!
Signature Spell: [DATA NOT FOUND]
Strikes: none!
Stuff: tiny whisker comb, quality whisker oil, a glock

Uh huh, sure.
You pull your blasty artifact out of your belt, briefly struggling with the weight before taking up a balanced stance, one claw resting on the trigger.

Wait for some of the beetles to land, then smash them with my hammer.
Name: The Claw
Appearance: A plain black cat
Things that make you the best: My strength and claws!
Signature Spell: Shield wall
Strikes: 0
Stuff: Big ass hammer, and a helmet

Hammer readied, though it's probably not ideal for fighting the flying predators of the world.
Actually, you've never seen or heard of these kind of beetles flying in the desert. That's kind of odd, isn't it?

Name: Slowpaw
Appearance: A black cat with a missing left eye - Probably related to the dent in his head on that side. Might be a bit dense, but he's kinda buff...
Things that make you the best: A really big stick to smack anyone who says otherwise.
Signature Spell: "Hit it with a stick.": Not actually a spell, as Slowpaw isn't actually a Mage. But few can argue with his stick-swinging prowess...
Strikes: 3 (Cannot be reduced below 1)
Stuff: A really big stick, and some chainmail. He's a fighter, so he doesn't need anything else.

Hold off on an aggressive approach - They may be strange, but these beetles have not been proven hostile... Take a defensive stance, though, in case the fur flies.

You ready your stick defensively.

Mind control some of the fatter beetles to come land in front of me, and snack on them.

Spoiler: Snowfoot the Imperious (click to show/hide)

You're able to quickly weave the spell, practiced with it as you are, and hurl the lede out at one of the larger beetles. It connects, and as expected you feel its simple and brutal mind join your own.

Come down. Land by me.

Obediently, the beast lowers altitude and approaches you. You watch as it splits from its formation with the other beetles, getting closer, and closer...
Your collar pings, picking up its mind. A low and simple wavelength. But...

Two other minds accompany it. Small, yet complex. Through your collar, you feel them waver in alarm.
The beetle is wearing some kind of harness...

They're mice! You're under attack!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 05:22:23 pm by Egan_BW »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Special Cats: October 5, Beetle
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2020, 06:41:00 pm »

Wait, and smack any mice who come near me with my staff.

Appearance: Fluffy and black and terrible luck all over. Has blue eyes, and 13 white stripes on his back.
Signature Spell: Dice Storm (causes 1d6 dice to fly at lethal velocity towards an enemy, flipping a coin and hitting enemies if the coin lands on heads.)
Strikes: 3
Stuff: Staff of Uncertainty (has a large d6 attached to the top, and a d4 attached to the bottom. causes spells with dice to roll an additional die on rolls of 6 or above, bonus dice can possibly get more bonus dice. also makes a good greatmace)
it's over

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2020, 02:22:25 am »

Uh huh, sure.
I fear the true nature of CAT might be beyond you~

Assuming I know/am informed/see that the beetles are under mouse control, blast 'em!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2020, 02:25:46 pm »

Head towards any beetles that land and smash the mice with my hammer.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Special Cats: October 6, Ichor Rain
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2020, 05:35:37 pm »

-

Well, would be good if syv posted, huh?
Snowfoot

The beetle comes in and lands right beside you. Riding it are two horrid little rodents wearing goggles, clearly panicking and trying to regain control of their steed. The mouse at the back takes aim at you with a tiny rifle and fires it, making a POP and small flash.
[10]
You don't feel anything. Not sure if that means it missed or if the projectile bounced off your fur.

Wait, and smack any mice who come near me with my staff.

[12]
The good news is that you're not being attacked. The bad news is that the beetles are flying well out of range for melee.

Uh huh, sure.
I fear the true nature of CAT might be beyond you~

Assuming I know/am informed/see that the beetles are under mouse control, blast 'em!

[9]
You aim at the beetles, but can't get a good shot for the moment.

[6]
[10]
However, you do get some attention from one of the beetles. It starts diving towards you, and you can see them lining up a frontal-mounted cannon but they veer off at the last moment, having to evade arrows and spears from other cats.

Head towards any beetles that land and smash the mice with my hammer.

The only landed beetle is the one that Snowfoot brought down.
[19]
A few steps forward, you cast a quick spell on your hammer to increase its velocity and sweep low into the beetle at full force. Time seems to stand still for a split second, then the entire beetle is splattered into a hundred hard pieces of carapace, which fly upwards into the sky, clipping a second beetle which begins to plummet into the ground.

It is a good day for hammer.

You gain [3] Strikes.

[18]

An intense rage seems to build up amongst the herd of cats around you. Furious at their enemy, they flood the sky with arrows, javelins, and pebbles. The beetle-riders stand little chance against this furious assault and dead mice and beetle limbs rain down from above. A pleasant smell of viscera wafts over you.

Victory! Quickly, claim some of the meat before it's gone! We shall feast this day!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 05:22:32 pm by Egan_BW »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Special Cats: October 6, Ichor Rain
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2020, 06:30:56 pm »

Eat some of the meat before the other cats get to it.

it's over

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Special Cats: October 4, Quiet Rest
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2020, 12:32:05 am »

Swat The Claw on the back of the head for killstealing and making things harder.  Ugh!  Men, always thinking with their hammers instead of their brains.

Go find a still-living mouse using the detection collar; force other cats away from the prey, and then capture the stupid thing.  Don't kill it, I want to know where it came from, so I can extract the location of its home from its tiny little skull.  Mind contros is the solution to all problems here, from opening up its mind to read it, to keeping other cats away from my delicious little prisoner.

If a beetle body is nearby the mouse, lay claim to that too.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2020, 02:13:09 am »

"Meat! Meat?"

MEAAAAAAAT!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2020, 02:46:53 pm »

Quickly grab some of the meat that's raining down, then try to find a mouse that's still alive and punch it in the face until it tells me where its base is.

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Special Cats: October 7, Mousey
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2020, 05:21:08 pm »

-

Eat some of the meat before the other cats get to it.

Mmm, delicious bug meat. Let the flying monsters or the world fear catkind!
Lose 1 additional strike.

Swat The Claw on the back of the head for killstealing and making things harder.  Ugh!  Men, always thinking with their hammers instead of their brains.

Go find a still-living mouse using the detection collar; force other cats away from the prey, and then capture the stupid thing.  Don't kill it, I want to know where it came from, so I can extract the location of its home from its tiny little skull.  Mind contros is the solution to all problems here, from opening up its mind to read it, to keeping other cats away from my delicious little prisoner.

If a beetle body is nearby the mouse, lay claim to that too.

You slap Claw in his dumb head with your claws, but he doesn't seem to mind on account of his shiny helmet.

[6]
You don't find any alive mice among the steaming gibs. You do however inadvertently get into a fight with a big tom who claimed one of the mouse corpses.
[14]
Oh well. In the end you got to beat up someone annoying, and even got a snack out of it.
[Gain 1 mouse corpse]

"Meat! Meat?"

MEAAAAAAAT!

[14]
Happiness. Oh yes. Getting hard... to walk... so happy...

Quickly grab some of the meat that's raining down, then try to find a mouse that's still alive and punch it in the face until it tells me where its base is.

You have some difficulty finding meat for yourself until you feel something bop you on the head. Checking the ground, you see a whole juicy bug leg laying at your feet. Rakiit must have yeeted it at your head because she saw you were hungry! Praise the gods!

[12]
You hear some squeaking under the bug leg. You look under and presto, live mouse. Seems injured or something. You pick it up and it struggles weakly in your grasp, making you salivate a little.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 05:22:45 pm by Egan_BW »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Special Cats: October 7, Mousey
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2020, 11:00:12 am »

Post yeh cats.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2020, 04:04:21 pm »

Take a post-meal nap. Zzz.

Unless we trek onwards this turn, in which case, onwards!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Special Cats: October 8, Life of the Party
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2020, 05:20:27 pm »

-

One action! For shame. Oh well, as they say, "time waits for gnome ann". I guess I'll just have to play this without you all :(

Take a post-meal nap. Zzz.

Unless we trek onwards this turn, in which case, onwards!

Now is a socially acceptable time to take a nap.

You dream of a strange bipedal ape holding an artifact weapon much like yours, but fatter and with two barrels. She's in a strange, dark, deadly place.
You can't remember much except that just as the ape was about to step into a swirling portal of water, you woke up suddenly, somewhat annoyed.

Fluffy the Terrible

[10]
You lie in the sun and play a... game? where your followers present you with various random object and you express your approval or disapproval. It is mildly amusing.

The Claw

You devour the mouse. Yum!

Snowfoot

[10]
You think about where to look for the best bet at getting a live mouse. Could try necromancy...? Nah, too risky. Hmm, well, if there are any live mouse around, other cats have probably found them. And the cat most likely to have done so are the best cats, so one of the other mages...
You turn around and see Claw behind you, smiling contentedly.

Having been distracted by the surplus of meat, the contingent of men, women, and kittens takes a little breather to feast and nap before starting the march again some hours later. You make a little progress over the desert before once again Val descends over the horizon and night falls.

The night passes uneventfully, but when morning comes, the enemy is again sighted, this time land troops.

A man with an artifact spyglass spies a formation of mouse legionnaires directly in your path. They're accompanied by a ring of little mouse mages in robes.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special Cats: October 8, Life of the Party
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2020, 01:34:13 am »

Rush out in front of the group and start smashing the mice with my hammer.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special Cats: October 8, Life of the Party
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2020, 02:28:36 am »

Spread out a little more than we already naturally are, then let my predator instincts guide my hunt. Use the glock of course, and if I can find a stick to whack 'em with should it get into melee, that'd be swell.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8