Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (1100AC)  (Read 13484 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (700AC)
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2020, 05:50:14 pm »

Ōkeanós, feeling his land threatened, rises from the waves and spends the next hundred years eradicating all the FB that have made their way down through hoarfrost, iceshards, and flood, before going into the underground and repeating the same actions. Find the origin and eradicate it. Let it be known where the Fairies warlike nature comes from, for the winter's ice is cruel and beautiful.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2020, 11:31:07 pm »

Still waiting for strik3r to respond before making my moves.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2020, 04:41:39 am »

Oh umm... i didn't think there was anything else that needed discussing. That, and i tend not to acknowledge "out of this world" stuff in-character. in this case V wouldn't even have anything interesting to say as i don't get the reference.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2020, 09:48:31 am »

Numeros puts the anomaly into 10 vials.

Numeros tries to create his own race, the Light Born. They will have smooth marble-like skin and are will be tall. They will each be born with the forbidden knowledge of how the world will end. If a Light Born is ever about to discuss this knowledge, they will freeze into stone before they can get a word out.

Numeros offers B*st a vial of the anomaly as a peace treaty.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2020, 12:31:19 pm »

Oh umm... i didn't think there was anything else that needed discussing. That, and i tend not to acknowledge "out of this world" stuff in-character. in this case V wouldn't even have anything interesting to say as i don't get the reference.

In the Abrahamic Bible, after God kicked Adam and Eve out of the paradisiacal Garden of Eden, He put in place some angels (known as Cherubim) and a flaming sword to block the way back in and prevent them (and their descendants) from returning.

Basically, B*st is asking if she should create some immensely powerful immortal beings and (possibly some powerful divine weapons for them to use) and have them stand just outside the Garden of Distortion and chase away anyone who tries to approach.

Numeros puts the anomaly into 10 vials.

Numeros tries to create his own race, the Light Born. They will have smooth marble-like skin and are will be tall. They will each be born with the forbidden knowledge of how the world will end. If a Light Born is ever about to discuss this knowledge, they will freeze into stone before they can get a word out.

Numeros offers B*st a vial of the anomaly as a peace treaty.

“And what use would I have for a piece of your ‘anomaly’?” B*st queries Numeros.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2020, 01:55:54 pm »

In the Abrahamic Bible, after God kicked Adam and Eve out of the paradisiacal Garden of Eden, He put in place some angels (known as Cherubim) and a flaming sword to block the way back in and prevent them (and their descendants) from returning.

Basically, B*st is asking if she should create some immensely powerful immortal beings and (possibly some powerful divine weapons for them to use) and have them stand just outside the Garden of Distortion and chase away anyone who tries to approach.

Oh.

Well, if that's what you want to go for, do it. The turn's yours and i wanted to leave your options as open as possible if you wanted to help Velkos, to see what you'd come up with. Whatever you do, i won't mind, and i doubt Velkos will, either.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2020, 08:51:10 pm »

Currently waiting for Numeros to respond to B*st's question...

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2020, 08:05:32 am »

"It may be helpful in your future."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2020, 01:16:52 am »

"It may be helpful in your future."

"How so?" B*st queries Numeros further, still suspicious of his intentions and of the contents of the vial.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2020, 09:50:43 am »

"You'll see."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2020, 12:42:16 pm »

"You'll see."

"This better not be a trick."

B*st takes the vial and uses protective magic to seal it further just in case (making sure that she can undo the magic if need be).

B*st runs through the underground with Velkos
 and Gambal and helps them execute the plan detailed in the relevant preceding posts with regards to the Hairball of Doom.

B*st prepares to create a pair of gigantic Guardians to guard the approaches to the Garden of Distortion, but does not actually create them yet.  Meanwhile, she asks Gambal to create appropriate weapons for the two Guardians.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2020, 05:52:46 pm »

After the Great Hunt to capture the Ambulatory Hairball of Doom, Gambal gets back to his usual jaunts over Insula Numine and he lets his imagination drift, until it settles on a new creative activity ought to rivet his versatile mind. He is inspired this time by the various cloud-fastened aircraft that, since recently, circulate freely through the sky. In truth, for a long time, he had been attracted by the idea to take flight somehow, but now a particular tinkering project was taking shape in his head, bringing him much enthusiasm.

To carry it out, he hastily goes in a gnomic smithery and uses some iron and wood to make the necessary tools: a chisel, a handsaw and a hand plane. He then go in a forest to find trees of promising dimensions and appropriate varieties to cut down, but excited as he was, he had forgotten to make an axe and his saw appears to be too small for the task. Yet, he doesn't bother about it, and by using a form of spiritual communication, he recruits the services of a pair of beavers to fell the trees for him. Once their work is done, he cuts the branches and give them to the beavers as a reward for their help, that will serve to broaden their dam and of wich they will get the chance to savor the leaves.

Thereafter, he makes planks and large carved pieces out of the trunks, sculpting them in a birdlike fashion, with the outlines of two large wings, etched feathers, a strong beak and realistic talons. He finally assembles and articulates all the pieces together by magical means and bestow immortal life upon a giant wooden bird, with the aim to make it his divine mount.

In its creation process, he has strived to give it a natural appearance and a graceful cast. Its most remarkable features are the diversity of its colors and shades, due to the use of several kinds of wood in its construction; its resemblance to a crossbreed between an eagle and a crane, with rather short legs; and a tousled crest on its head, that adds a last touch of style. He trains the bird to recognize a special whistle that he will make to call it, while most of the time, it will be free to fly peacefully anywhere it wants, at leisure. He is then ready to fly away on its back, and goes wandering the AboveWorld, joining the mortal aviators and visiting the Slyphs in their cloudy islands.

His air trip over, Gambal prepares himself for the casting of the two weapons requested by B*st to bring power to the future Guardians of the Grove of Distortion. But on reflexion, he prefers making highly protective artifacts than deadly weapons. To the first, he will thus give a shining platinum herald trumpet that will induce terrible fear in those who hear its music. And to the second, he will give a gold heater shield immensely radiant, of wich the light will repel all temporal beings.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2020, 08:09:24 pm »

9th Turn

The millenia mark approaches.

Actions of Gods
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Pantheon

The World

Independant Events
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 08:28:15 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2020, 08:24:49 pm »

Kipp looks at the distance. And thinks of dull, bitter nostalgia.

No matter what, I can't escape it. The yearning to see my original relatives. It's been literally an eternity since I last saw them. Flora, my mother. Solosis, my father. Serinius, Kotor, Teurruza, Alias, my siblings...

My children are very young and naive. They are junevile gods, unknowing of the total, uncaring chaos reiging supreme just beyond here.

I fondly remember my first ever creations. Jamjam, the blue, glowy plant of marshlands. Integ, the buggy little critter of the marshes.

It was fun. But I was a child back then, had no vision, no knowledge. But I know better know, I have seen it all. I created an empty planet for only Jamjams and Integs to populate, and watched them evolve into countless forms through untold eons. I found the last digit of Pi. I saw the release of Half-Life 3. I have seen countless worlds made by other deities and learned from them.

Now I am here, above the clouds as an orange cloud on my own, with a vibrant world of creative chaos. I gaze upon it, I watch it. If I want to I sprinkle my own on it.

I am beyond ancient. I am the elder goddess. I am Mother Kipp.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 08:32:36 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (800AC)
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2020, 09:30:40 am »

Ōkeanós looks and repopulates the seas and land beneath Aboveworld.

They then turn inward on themselves, thinking on what to make next. Water and air have been down already, one twice over... So thought, they create the Ruto, a race of birdlike people capable of flight through the skys. There traits and appearance vary, but all are gifted in song and music, flight magical and mundane, and a gift for airborne archery.

But what are birds without a mountain to call home? Ōkeanós rises to the first mountain where the great tree sits and raises it higher, forming cliffs and caves for the Ruto they shall create to inhabit, and carefully tending to the tree and water flow to create a garden of the skies.

[Ruto come last]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13