Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: G942's Destroy the Godmodder: Quantum Middle-Finger  (Read 2832 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: G942's Destroy the Godmodder: Quantum Middle-Finger
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2020, 04:19:43 pm »

He knows some of us are trying to kill him, most of us, except for you, who is neutral, and TricMagic, who seems to be helping him. Knowing this, he will kill us if we don’t kill him. If he remains, he could make the lands inhospitable to life, make the atmosphere poisonous in a variety of ways. If I was to become neutral, I would need to be certain that I’d be protected from any and all attacks the Godmodder could pose. I find this to be a near impossible task, it would be better to kill him. As for why I wouldn’t work with him, then I’d be targeted by the many who are after him and his affiliates. How are you not worried about what the Godmodder can do?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2020, 04:40:10 pm »

"It's just a game. Win or lose, it doesn't really matter in the end, does it?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2020, 04:55:03 pm »

In real life, we still do things even though we all know that we will die. I think a similar principle applies here. In the real world, our actions cause other things to happen, depending on what we do before our deaths, the world may be changed for the better or the worse, but regardless of what we do, the world will still change, just existing, eating, drinking, breathing, resources, chemicals, compounds, they are all being distributed. Here, in the website, we are things of code, while in the real world, things are of atoms, well quarks and leptons and other stuff, this website is like a world, when the Godmodder is killed, the world will be guaranteed to maintain some physical laws, and can thus be explored without the worry of things disappearing and reappearing without rhyme or reason. As far as I can tell, summonings work based on concentration levels. While this doesn’t doesn’t exist in the real world, it is a fundamental law here, just as 2 up quarks and one down quark form a proton is a fundamental law in the real world

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2020, 05:05:20 pm »

"The Godmodder is also a constant of this game. When we defeat him, the game will end and we will cease to exist. The same will happen if he should defeat us. If our goal is to be happy and exist for as long as possible, the only good course of action would be to prolong the conflict as much as possible."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2020, 06:21:42 pm »

A fair point. I don’t think a fireproof jet is just a weapon, it’s transportation, I don’t even think I put weapons on it. I don’t know how big it will be when the charging is done, but when it is, if we can both fit inside it, we can fly in it until...hm, I’m getting an idea for something to summon to allow the jet to continue getting fuel, though of course it will have to wait until the jet itself is finished, do you by chance know how to pilot a plane? In many games I played, I was bad at planes and better at helicopters, well, maybe I can summon a pilot to fly the plane, maybe give the jet autopilot instructions to avoid getting hit with damaging materials, as for fuel, my idea is to maybe summon a connected windmill to the jet, propellers that convert the mechanical energy of the air it flies through into electrical energy. Of course these will have to come after the jet itself is summoned

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2020, 08:21:10 am »

"WE HAVE NO TIME TO ARGUE ABOUT WHAT'S HAPPENING WE ONLY HAVE TIME TO GET FUNKY!"
Hypnotize the skeletal archers with my FUNKY Disco Dancing, and bring them over to my side.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2020, 08:58:47 am »

I’m assuming Charging a Summon means I really can’t do much else until the summoning is done

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2020, 06:38:22 pm »

Charge interdimensional paper-clip cannon. (0/5)

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2020, 05:59:24 pm »

Charge Summon lag machine (0/4)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 06:02:26 pm by chaotick21 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2020, 06:00:58 pm »

Charge Summon lag machine
how many turns?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2020, 12:47:19 pm »

Continue charging Covid for four more turns, including this one.

Maximum Spin puts on a mask and continues working on his virus virtualization, vicariously and victoriously vented through the air.

Develop an anti-DDoS software update and FISH 0cra_tr0per.

TricMagic updates the site with added DDoS protection, and then begins a malicious Phishing plot...

Charge Goal: Fireproof Jet; 4 turns, this one included

Naturegirl keeps working on her Fireproof Jet, capable of being proofed against Fire.

Prod the skeletons, hacking them with a recursive self-spreading meme that grants free will and neutrality to non-neutral summons. Then invite them to come play league with me.

Egan briskly walks up to the skeletons, and pokes them. They suddenly become Neutral Summons! They look around confused, before going off to play LoL on a series of terminals close by with Egan.

>Respond to the prompt with "Yes"

0cra dramatically goes to tap the prompt, only to be suddenly bombarded by pop-ups. "Doctors hate him" this, "Sexy singles in your area" that.

A man in a dark orange monk-style robe arrives in Cyberspace, looking contemplative. "Is this what the old days were like? Except for the COVID references, obviously. Is this what the old days were like, except for the COVID references? Wait, that's a TABS reference there, isn't it. Is this what the old days were like, except for the COVID and TABS references? And... Super Mario Odyssey was only released in 2017. Is this what the old days were like, except for the COVID, TABS, and Super Mario Odyssey references?"

The man sighs. "...yeah, this is nothing like the old days. So. Here's some tactical advice. Charged attacks probably won't be more effective than regular attacks against the Godmodder; you need creativity to damage him, not raw power. If you're summoning something, it's probably a good idea to give it a way to improve itself. And don't let the Godmodder have too many entities."

He then settles down to meditate.

(Early Energy Accumulation: 1/3)
(An upgrade to myself. When complete, I generate 1 Cultivation Energy every few (however many you think is balanced) turns. Cultivation Energy can be converted to charge at a 1:1 ratio.)

A member of the old guard arrives, contemplative. He dispenses wisdom, and then sits down to meditate, and begins drawing energy from the world around him.

Egan and Naturegirl have a long debate over the fruits of their labor, when suddenly-
"WE HAVE NO TIME TO ARGUE ABOUT WHAT'S HAPPENING WE ONLY HAVE TIME TO GET FUNKY!"
Hypnotize the skeletal archers with my FUNKY Disco Dancing, and bring them over to my side.

KingZultan arrives and gets down, drawing away the skeletons to his side with sick beats, yo.

I’m assuming Charging a Summon means I really can’t do much else until the summoning is done

You can do other things, but the summon will be paused!

Charge interdimensional paper-clip cannon. (0/5)

Puppyguard arrives and begins charging a revolutionary new device: a weapon that shoots paper-clips through space-time!

Charge Summon lag machine (0/4)

Chaotick21 logs on next, and begins to summon The Lag Machine!

The Godmodder looks around annoyed as the skeletons ping-pong and pinball between owners. He puts in an Anti-Neutrality code function before proceeding to Summon a horde of ferocious Zombies! But that's not enough, he also begins a Charge of his own, as a sea of purple fog rolls in behind him. The Zombies immediately spring into action, going after Egan, but being temporarily blocked from eating the neutral party by a sea of computer terminals!

Spoiler: Forces (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 01:50:52 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2020, 12:55:03 pm »

Begin growing Senzu Beans, capable of completely healing one of disease and injury who eats 1 and providing a full-course meal to the eater so you never have to stop Pro-Modding..(Charging)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2020, 01:01:55 pm »

The man in the dark orange monk robe continues to meditate. He could involve himself in the discussions occurring, but he chooses not to. Such is the power of meditation.

(Early Energy Accumulation: 1?/3)
(An upgrade to myself. When complete, I generate 1 Cultivation Energy every few (however many you think is balanced) turns. Cultivation Energy can be converted to charge at a 1:1 ratio.)

Just to avoid confusion: Summons start at Charge 0. Naturegirl and Maximum Spin have a charge already because they were technically charging something beforehand, in spite of the lack of goal. If this isn't a good idea, just let me know and I'll make Charges start at 1!

I don't fully understand what you're saying. As far as I can tell, you're saying that a charge works something like this:
Player: Fireball, 0/2.
You: Your Fireball charge is at 0/2.
Player: Fireball, 1/2.
You: Your Fireball charge is at 1/2.

But after that, I don't understand what would happen. Does the player have to increase Fireball to 2/2 without taking another action? If so, then why does the player have to work for 3 turns to complete a charge of size 2?
It's possible that I'm misunderstanding what you mean. If I am, please provide an example of how charging works.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2020, 01:10:02 pm »

Charge summon the Centrist's Dogma, a pendant flowing with powerful materialist energy which unblockably instantly incinerates any creature with an alignment in its presence. (0/5)
Dissuade zombies by attempting to seduce them.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 12:17:12 am by Egan_BW »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2020, 01:50:11 pm »

The man in the dark orange monk robe continues to meditate. He could involve himself in the discussions occurring, but he chooses not to. Such is the power of meditation.

(Early Energy Accumulation: 1?/3)

Just to avoid confusion: Summons start at Charge 0. Naturegirl and Maximum Spin have a charge already because they were technically charging something beforehand, in spite of the lack of goal. If this isn't a good idea, just let me know and I'll make Charges start at 1!

I don't fully understand what you're saying. As far as I can tell, you're saying that a charge works something like this:
Player: Fireball, 0/2.
You: Your Fireball charge is at 0/2.
Player: Fireball, 1/2.
You: Your Fireball charge is at 1/2.

But after that, I don't understand what would happen. Does the player have to increase Fireball to 2/2 without taking another action? If so, then why does the player have to work for 3 turns to complete a charge of size 2?
It's possible that I'm misunderstanding what you mean. If I am, please provide an example of how charging works.

No, you understood it well, it was just a dumb idea. I'll change it.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.
Pages: 1 [2] 3