Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 326

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 256492 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #4710 on: May 28, 2024, 09:46:29 am »

Probably bet not to poke the demons right yet so instead I say we go dig through the junk room.
+1

Unless they've already seen us, in which case we fight.
One wheel short of a wagon

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: May 28, 2024, 10:44:23 pm »

Charge in swords blazing.

We came to party, let's party.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: May 29, 2024, 11:05:43 am »

You wanna fight fifty demons on the low end with a non-full party, with damaged MHP, and limited ability to resupply or retreat or get reinforcements?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: May 29, 2024, 02:35:42 pm »

Probably bet not to poke the demons right yet so instead I say we go dig through the junk room.
+1

Unless they've already seen us, in which case we fight.

Don't seem to.  They're just milling about.

Time to sort through the junkroom.

(5)(-2)(1)

Junk!  Garbage, and trash.  Slag, sharp metal bits, volcanic glass, twisted sticks of metal, and broken bits made from demonbone and each other.  Trence picks up one strangely twisted forked thingy made from blood-red demonbone, and it shocks him for 6 points of lightning damage.  The party is more careful after that, but it doesn't make the junk any less garbage.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: May 29, 2024, 02:53:19 pm »

You wanna fight fifty demons on the low end with a non-full party, with damaged MHP, and limited ability to resupply or retreat or get reinforcements?
Hopefully not all at once, but yes.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: May 29, 2024, 03:35:45 pm »

Demon bone spear! Equip it!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: May 29, 2024, 06:01:59 pm »

Demon bone spear! Equip it!
+1, but then what? We can't just shenanigans in a pit forever.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: May 29, 2024, 07:12:01 pm »

Equipping something that constantly shocks you seems to be a bad idea.  Sessha, however, has extra lightning resist, but also cannot use spears.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: May 30, 2024, 02:25:47 am »

Grab any bits of garbage that look valuable and let's move on.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: May 30, 2024, 04:05:05 am »

Grab any bits of garbage that look valuable and let's move on.

Which passage are you taking?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: May 30, 2024, 06:53:08 am »

Well, we’ve come this far.

Willis: Battle Aura
Sessha: Armor One Willis

Then engage the demons!
One wheel short of a wagon

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: May 31, 2024, 01:08:52 am »

Well attacking the demons is certainly a thing we could do after grabbing anything of value from the trash I say we go for it.
Well, we’ve come this far.

Willis: Battle Aura
Sessha: Armor One Willis

Then engage the demons!

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: June 01, 2024, 07:21:32 am »

Well, it was audacious.

Three, four miles underground, three people attacking a deeply buried demon colony.  One that was hiding from the world, still in the long process of building up strength.

But still exploring and building strength doesn't mean it doesn't have any.  The dozen beast demons weren't so hard.  But the noise brought others.  Another squad went down, to cheap melee attacks.  The lightly armed imp-grade demons weren't too much to talk about.

But the boulders.. the boulders weren't acceptable.  Magically conjured blasts of stone rattled down the hallways from above, another squad of mage demons, lead by an intelligent one, were shotgunning the entire room.  And the line of retreat was past them.  Charging the attackers seemed better than diving into the unknown depths, to be lost forever.

But there was a barrier.  The demons had a wall spell, blocking the passage save for a small hole for blasting.  Willis shot back through it, using a wave of water to wipe out the entire squad.  But over a foot of enchanted stone was too hard to break through, even for the dragon.  Down it was and down it would be.

From then on it was a mixture of low-damage ambushes, medium-powered traps, and two lethal squads of strong combatants.  The party still beat them, but they drew blood, scoring two knockdowns on Willis and forcing them to run out of mana potions.

Eventually, Trence went down too, and Sessha had to find the way out, protected by her massive supply of hitpoints.  She skipped encounters, and pulled through the complicated maze-like region, eventually whittling away enough branches to find the way back up and out.

But the demons didn't stop coming.  Climbing up narrow passages with pitots against snake demons armed with nasty venom?  Not good.

In the end, Sessha went down to her own best weapon.

Game Over.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: June 01, 2024, 04:10:58 pm »

Let's try again, I think we can take 'em!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: June 01, 2024, 06:00:21 pm »

Well, we did pretty well all things considered.

Back to exploring the black mist many hole room with ghost kobolds in it?
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 326