Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 326

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 256558 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #4605 on: April 04, 2024, 01:16:05 am »

The room with the red columns sounds interesting let's go in there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: April 04, 2024, 02:07:14 am »

The room with the red columns sounds interesting let's go in there.
+1
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: April 04, 2024, 07:15:53 pm »

The red stone room has no exit, save for the one you came in.  Instead, there are columns.  All are about the same width, and they stick themselves up out of the ground, split into rough hexagonal shapes.  Some go from floor to ceiling, a column of oddly smooth red stone, with clean narrow vertical cracks between it and the next column.  Some go up about halfway, or a third of the way, many flat as a table, although some are rougher or slightly bent out of the straight upwards line.

There are a few smooth red stones on the ground, bits of hexagonal rock that broke off cleanly.  They're so well formed you imagine they have to be of some use or value.  They are heavy, though, so you only take three.

Gained 3x Redstone Hex Plates.

Where to next?  The columns block all passage.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: April 05, 2024, 01:05:46 am »

Lets look in the room with the running water now.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: April 05, 2024, 03:15:51 pm »

Lets look in the room with the running water now.
+1
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: April 05, 2024, 11:09:07 pm »

This is a complicated room, with pools and drips and streams coming from all around.  Above, below, to your right and left..  Not very much water, but there's enough for a very slow fall.  Trence announces it seems fine to drink.

..The darkness, however, may have something to say about that.  There are a dozen clouds of darkness in this room, blocking out portions of the far wall, places above you, and places below you.  You're surrounded, by the same unnatural darkness you saw outside.

Surrounded, but not engulfed.  It fills a dozen of what are presumably pits or holes or caves in the complex shapes of the cave wall, in all directions.  Not enough of it to block you out, but a substantial amount nonetheless.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: April 06, 2024, 01:41:11 am »

Do we want to mess with the darkness in this room or should we pick another path?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: April 06, 2024, 05:48:28 am »

Sounds like it would be a bit of a gamble at best.

Try the upwards spiral path from the Mica Cave.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: April 06, 2024, 11:47:58 pm »

Trence announces it seems fine to drink.
This just tells us there's no soap in it.

Assuming there's something corporeal using the darkness as cover, it's plausible the pits are its nests or something. Could also be reservoirs of the stuff without particular function.

Poke the darkness with a stick. We do have a stick, right? Trence's glaive is probably a stick. If stick produces no shenanigans, try equipping Trence with webshooters and have him lower himself into one of the presumed pits.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: April 08, 2024, 11:56:46 am »

That's one vote for poking and one for not poking.  Need a tiebreaker.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: April 09, 2024, 12:32:55 am »

Looks like poking time

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: April 09, 2024, 10:33:37 pm »

A glaive is indeed a stick.  Trence, however, is currently using a greatsword.

..That's still a kind of stick.  A sharp pointy stick, but a sticklike object, all the same!

"Good enough!"

"Huh?"  Willis turns towards you.

"I can poke them with my greatsword!"

"Sweet!"

"Stay back, Willis.  You're still low."

The first time it doesn't work.  You move over to a pit of darkness, stick your head and arm in, and poke about with your sword, hitting nothing.  The first crack widens a bit and there are places you can't get to.

Moving along.. you go to another patch, and just start blasting  Or stabbing.  There's a squeal, and a screech, and the patch of darkness fades, revealing more rock wall.

..now that you've done it, there's a dark thrumming, and all the patches of blackness start swarming.  Not swarming you, but all joining up in one big blob somewhere up above.  Uh oh?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: April 10, 2024, 12:56:06 am »

Huh! Hit 'em with some flurries of bolts and such to weaken the boss before it spawns!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: April 10, 2024, 01:02:05 am »

Huh! Hit 'em with some flurries of bolts and such to weaken the boss before it spawns!
+1

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: April 12, 2024, 07:23:32 am »

+1
+1

Also: Battle Aura and Armor One on Willis
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 326