Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 326

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 256578 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #4575 on: March 19, 2024, 10:43:32 am »

Garnets are worth some money I say we grab a few while we're here.
+1

Drop... a handful of crystals. Let's hedge our bets here.
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: March 20, 2024, 06:11:28 pm »

Acquired 8x Garnets

There are some relatively loose chunks you can break out, but overall this isn't an easy room to properly mine.  It does eat up most of the day.

More explorations?  Or do you rest?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: March 20, 2024, 07:08:11 pm »

Rest.

We've already put ourselves in a lot of danger... facing something while HP drained and tired/exhuasted would not be a good plan, and stuff here will attack in the night.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: March 20, 2024, 09:55:37 pm »

Rest.

But we should definitely explore further in the morning.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: March 21, 2024, 12:51:40 am »

Rest
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: March 21, 2024, 06:13:28 pm »

Gained 8x Garnets

For the next three days the fissure party rests.

Everyone recovers 1, 2, and 2 HP.

Trence is at 66/100 max HP, Willis is at 45/77 max HP, and Sessha is at 151/184.

Days passed, 7.

On the seventh day, when you go back to the drop zone to pick up the food, the darkness stands out to you.

..It's closer.  It's lapping at the edges of the base camp, and you don't feel confident about going to the southernmost glowstone torches.

Crikey

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: March 22, 2024, 12:53:45 am »

We should try throwing a glowstone into the strange darkness.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: March 22, 2024, 11:23:08 pm »

We should try throwing a glowstone into the strange darkness.

Three glowstones.

The first one you toss softly underhand.  It lands in the distance, twinkling, failing to illuminate things properly, but still clearly visible, clearly corporeal.

The second one you throw overhand, tossing it far down to the south.  It vanishes from view, quite early.

The third one..  you toss it further than the first one.  Everyone can see it twinkling in the darkness.. until they blink.  Then each loses track of it, despite the others being able to still see it.  Fairly quickly, everyone blinks, and the spot of light is gone.

Crikey

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: March 23, 2024, 01:05:58 am »

Let's use a scan crystal on the strange darkness and see if that gives us any info as to what's happening with it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: March 23, 2024, 04:51:32 am »

Let's use a scan crystal on the strange darkness and see if that gives us any info as to what's happening with it.
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: March 23, 2024, 11:34:35 am »

Nothing!  Unlike the mist, the dancing darkness doesn't seem to be a proper monster, so to speak.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: March 23, 2024, 09:50:43 pm »

Bizarre. Well...

Sessha walks into the darkness. Willis stares, Trence blinks.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: March 24, 2024, 09:39:32 am »

Bizarre. Well...

+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: March 24, 2024, 05:59:41 pm »

Sessha walks towards the darkness.  She does see the darkness surrounding her glowstones, and it does seem to press in physically, preventing the stones from lighting the area properly.  But nor does it end up actually touching Sessha.  She sees the darkness surrounding her, and.. moving somehow, but it doesn't touch her or what she's carrying.

For a while, both of the kids can see Sessha walking through the darkness, and see her surrounded by light.  Eventually, she disappears to Trence's view, while remaining visible for a bit longer to Willis.  Eventually, and not that much later, she disappears from Willis's view even while he's looking.

A minute or two later, Sessha returns, emerging from the darkness unharmed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: March 24, 2024, 06:02:10 pm »

Check to make sure it's really her. Propose something fun that she would have, ah, historical reason to object to.

If it's really her, all three of us start exploring the darknesss-shrouded end of the chasm.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 326