Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Which Knight are you?  (Read 2345 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Which Knight are you?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2020, 03:21:23 am »

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2020, 05:47:43 am »

I'm a Lightweaver, apparently? Eighty percent. The lowest one was Bondsmith, with twenty-three.   
Don't really know what that means, don't think I've ever even heard of the author before, and I certainly haven't read any relevant books.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2020, 04:28:53 am »

Sheeeeeiiiit, let's be Elsecaller gang

Thoughtful, careful, and cautious, the Elsecallers are generally regarded as the wisest of the Radiants. They seek self-improvement and personal betterment in their lives but aren't limited to one specific theme or set of ideals. This makes them one of the most open and welcoming of orders, though they do tend to attract those who are less flamboyant. They have their share of scholars, and often a large number of theologians, but also attract those who are interested in leadership. They are good at encouraging others, but some are known to put their sights upon the things they want and then seize them. In the Knights Radiant, they tend to be among the best tacticians, and are logistical geniuses, aided in part by their abilities to create food and water for armies, but also their ability to move in and out of Shadesmar.
-self improvement across a balanced field of life
-open minded, not terribly flamboyant, attracted to scholarly or religious pursuits
-good at encouraging others
-occasionally seizes their own ambitions
-best tacticians
-logistical geniuses
-other knights like them because they are literally the Knightly order of making tea and dinner

I've got to say it's a good match for me. Except tactical genius, I don't know about that, vidya hardly translates to rl.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2020, 04:41:22 am »

Sheeeeeiiiit, let's be Elsecaller gang

Thoughtful, careful, and cautious, the Elsecallers are generally regarded as the wisest of the Radiants. They seek self-improvement and personal betterment in their lives but aren't limited to one specific theme or set of ideals. This makes them one of the most open and welcoming of orders, though they do tend to attract those who are less flamboyant. They have their share of scholars, and often a large number of theologians, but also attract those who are interested in leadership. They are good at encouraging others, but some are known to put their sights upon the things they want and then seize them. In the Knights Radiant, they tend to be among the best tacticians, and are logistical geniuses, aided in part by their abilities to create food and water for armies, but also their ability to move in and out of Shadesmar.
-self improvement across a balanced field of life
-open minded, not terribly flamboyant, attracted to scholarly or religious pursuits
-good at encouraging others
-occasionally seizes their own ambitions
-best tacticians
-logistical geniuses
-other knights like them because they are literally the Knightly order of making tea and dinner

I've got to say it's a good match for me. Except tactical genius, I don't know about that, vidya hardly translates to rl.
Cmon, an elsecaller? You belong with us, the order of Shitposters
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2020, 05:53:15 am »

Cmon, an elsecaller? You belong with us, the order of Shitposters
That's the secret order of the wielders of the shitposts

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2020, 12:00:34 am »

I read the first book in the Mistborn series. I don't really like fiction that is fundamentally about "systems." That's what car repair manuals are for.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2020, 12:07:44 am »

I read the first book in the Mistborn series. I don't really like fiction that is fundamentally about "systems." That's what car repair manuals are for.

I thought you were going to complain about the obvious mormon undertones :p

Though TBH as far as author's religion influencing writing, Brandon Sanderson is not the worst culprit by any measure. Not when you have people like Dean Kootz who actively PREACHES at you.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 12:11:35 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2020, 04:04:43 am »

to be fair, he is self-admittedly a bit of koot
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2020, 05:33:03 am »

But how can you know what school clique you belong to if you don't let the Sorting Hat tell you how you're Divergent from the other kids
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2020, 06:07:11 am »

But how can you know what school clique you belong to if you don't let the Sorting Hat tell you how you're Divergent from the other kids

You fight rhem and then befriend them

Btw: Brent Weeks didnt use to be preachy but ended up the lightbringer trilogy in a very religious point too... tbh there are people far preachier than Sanderson. I found the ending of tje wheel of time a bit dull, but tbh the series had been a bit dull for a while and maybe it was a bit too much to expect him to finish it in some other way. Maybe Robert Jordan wanted that ending all along. But it was kind of lame. Villain decay, loose plot points, you know.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2020, 06:20:03 am »

I never finished the Time of Wheel series (not even back when it was still being written by Jordan Roberts). I think it didn't ever get bad so to speak. It just went on longer than it was good. And somewhere along the way (some time after that other empire had invaded or something) I just didn't pick up the next book in the series.

Looking back at it, the thing I'm the most interested in finding out is whether that thread about the world being our world but like several turnings of the wheel later ever actually was done anything thing with?
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2020, 06:34:48 am »

Nope. No more than earlier on.

They didnt do a lot with many things

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2020, 03:49:18 pm »

I really liked the entirety of the Wheel of Time but that was something that was a bit iffy about the series. It felt like the first 2-3 books were written before the rest of it was really planned. They kinda just dropped half the themes and plot threads from those books.

I've also read and liked a lot of Brandon Sanderson's stuff, but he feels like the kind of author that just kinda rewrites the same story over and over. Thou I haven't read any of his non-Cosmere books so maybe those are a bit differant.

Anyway, I'm 82% Truthwatcher apparently, with Edgedancer being a distant 2nd at 56%.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."
Pages: 1 [2]