Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random unnamed animals becoming historical figures  (Read 555 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Random unnamed animals becoming historical figures
« on: June 03, 2020, 09:42:10 am »

For some reason random animals without names keep becoming historical figures, I'm not sure whats causing this.  Does anyone have any idea? I modded my save so I'm not sure if its ok to report it to mantis's bug tracker
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Random unnamed animals becoming historical figures
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 07:34:46 pm »

It's caused by getting enough kills or killing a historical figure, I think.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 09:35:37 pm »

If you've played other forts on this save, they're probably livestock from your previous forts.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 11:34:53 pm »

Talking to them as an adventurer can also make creatures histfigs. The OP is pretty lacking in details, so it's hard to say really.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.