Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interaction questions.  (Read 741 times)

Angel71090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Interaction questions.
« on: May 20, 2020, 03:47:55 pm »

So, I just recently got into Dwarf Fortress though I've known about it for a long time. Due to other games I am a very serious mod junkie, and as such, tend to mod my games beyond the pale of reasonable understanding. Thus I have also recently gotten into working with mods on here. Compared to some other games, this is relatively easy and straightforward, but I have recently run into a bit of a snag.

Currently I am modding the 44.12 version of Masterwork DF by adding different other mods to it. I've since majorly trimmed down what mods I have added but seem to have run into a problem with one in particular, and would like to ask your help with addressing what it might be.

The Mod in question that is giving me trouble seems to be Expanded Good/Evil Regions by ( Found here for easy reference. than402 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158152.0 )
Admittedly this mod hasn't been updated since 43.02 so I can see that there might be problems with that. After some time poking, prodding, adding, removing, and just generally screwing around with the raw files, I have discovered that it was the interaction_bettergood file that seems to be causing the issue. The major issue is this. You can create as many worlds as you want with no seeming problem. that's all good. The problem is that, whenever you try and save a game, no matter what you do, it is irevokably corrupted and will refuse to load no matter what you do, making the game completely unable to be played for any prolonged period of time.

I'm just curious as to what were the major changes between the versions data wise that might cause this, or, if there wasn't one, what could be causing the problem I seem to be having. I'm open to hear from anyone. If worse comes to worse, I'll toss the mod, but I'd rather figure out how to make it work and possibly learn to mod on my own. Guess we will see what happens. So...any ideas?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Interaction questions.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 10:47:17 pm »

Actually, since you're mixing mods, I'd check your errorlogs. There might be a duplicated raw entry.

Angel71090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 03:15:11 pm »

Actually, since you're mixing mods, I'd check your errorlogs. There might be a duplicated raw entry.

Thank you very much for your answer. Where can I usually find those?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 06:59:57 pm »

Same place as the dwarf fortress executable, "errorlog.txt"