Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52509 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance - Arc 1: The Game
« Reply #855 on: March 03, 2022, 11:53:34 am »

Mirka

"No... no activity from her. She just seems to be standing still. Can't tell from this distance whether she's crying, though." Things just kept getting stranger and stranger. What had happened to make Lily just... stop like that?

"I... what?" Estela shook her head. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised someone like that's about as stable as a house of cards." she muttered, "I don't think there's much we can do about her besides get back to camp and report... whatever the hell this is." Why couldn't they just have a straightforward fight? That'd be a lot less headachey than dealing with... whatever the hell this was.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #856 on: March 03, 2022, 12:00:06 pm »

Kirari

A twinge of something plucked at Kirari's chest at the scene. She. . . wasn't quite sure what it was. The emotion was complex. She knew what this child would become - what she was about to kill. Yet, she felt. . . something. Almost as if she should be trying to protect her instead of ending her life. Is this how Doc felt? And, mingled with that, was envy. This was a relationship Kirari never had with her mother, never could have; she'd ensured that with her own hands. She wondered, for a moment, the course her life would have taken if she did.

Kirari closed her eyes. Slowly, she nodded. "I won't. I understand how you feel." It wasn't something she'd had with her own mother, no, but it was something she had experienced. Someone to cling to when everything was terrifying and uncertain, when you didn't know what tomorrow would bring or who you would be when it came. "Don't worry."

"Kirari Arceneaux does not forget."

A small smile. Then, she put Mia to rest.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 03, 2022, 12:10:57 pm »

Eilyth
A look of confusing crossed Eilyth's face at the mention of 'Fairy', instinctively glancing at the ghost child. Some vague recollection assures her that it's no coincidence, and having neither the time nor patience to question it too deeply, she simply shrugs. Not like she really needed the tent anyway, she'd become no stranger to sometimes dozing in her armor. It was almost fitting really, to greet Sun Bitch the same way she had Layla. But that was assuming there'd even be that much time before it all went to hell.
     "Yeah, go on ahead." Eilyth said, then turned to the western woman. "How much do you already know about what's happened with K?"
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 03:18:15 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 04, 2022, 01:06:18 pm »

Eilyth

"No idea who you're talkin' about." the woman said, "Fairy and tongue-twister haven't exactly been forthcoming, something about wanting to keep us out of it since we're 'not pieces'. I ain't havin' none of that though. Whether we get told or not, we're all going with them down into the Tomb." Despite her complete lack of knowledge, the woman was brimming with confidence. "Name's Mack, by the way. Who the fuck are you?"

Monika

After running for a few hours, Lily and Monika met up with two others. Monika didn't know exactly where they were, but given the direction they'd been traveling, the were headed along the border towards the Stone Ocean. While Monika didn't know the young girl with the nails through her palms, the old lady with a nail through her chest was extremely familiar.

On seeing her, the older woman's eyes widened in surprise. "Monika?" she asked in disbelief.

Astarotte was someone Monika was very much familiar with. Having been Kellen's mentor in the army, Astarotte had remained a close friend of Monika's mother even after they had both retired. Astarotte didn't visit often, but she was enough of a figure in Monika's childhood that Monika's feelings towards her were similar to how one might feel about a distant relative.

Kirari

Marionette collapsed to the ground as her needles dissipated around her, having lost any ties to their master. Verna was still there, in fact it looked like only as few seconds had passed outside of the dream.

"You did it!" Verna said cheerfully, "We should go tell Doc, she'll be really happy to know you're okay."

Unfortunately, the sounds of gunfire in the distance reminded Kirari that she couldn't simply walk over and say hello to her surrogate mother.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 04, 2022, 02:01:54 pm »

Eilyth
A sense of Deja vu washes over Dragon as she hears the name, combined with the bat the woman holds, but for the time being she pushes it to the back of her mind. As far as she can read, N wasn't wrong about their status. But that doesn't mean they won't still be useful.

"You can call me Eilyth." She Answered. "I'm gonna give you the long and short of things: The goddess of faith and love is on the loose and she's hell bent on destroying the world. No, I'm not joking. Probably on her way over here as we speak. Fighting her directly is a fucking death wish: she flies, makes you hurt bad enough you wish were dead, puts up barriers anytime you try to gun her down, and has access to more holy weapons than the entire Katrian Military Industrial complex. No one, and I mean fucking no one is gonna get out of this mess alive so long as she still exists. We know how to fix that, but it's gonna require a truce to set things up."
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 02:18:22 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #860 on: March 04, 2022, 03:13:59 pm »

Kirari

"I did." After a momentary pause, she made an addendum. "Or rather, we did." Her expression fell, just a slight downturn of ink-black eyes, at the second comment. Seeing Doc was something she wanted to do, perhaps more than any other one action at this moment, but. . . "I don't believe I can visit Doc. It may not matter to you, but I am acting as a Katrian officer. It would put both of us at risk. And her, too." Her gaze traveled further down. Never have existed. . . does that mean I will never be able to speak to her again? Something in her face twitched, something long confined deep within trying to escape, as that thought ran through her head.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 05, 2022, 11:32:08 am »

Monika

"... Astarotte?" Monika asked with a moment of an incredulous expression. She had been running for several hours, quite the feat considering she was already tired from fighting Saro, and just happening to find her mother's mentor by the end? If she wasn't used to coincidences by now, she'd have called herself insane,

"Huh. I'm surprised to see you here. Guess Lily wasn't kidding with the whole 'world being at risk thing'. How have you been holding up?" Monika asked again, resting her halberd on her shoulder again, taking a brief moment to nod to the other girl, "And who's this gal?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 06, 2022, 04:23:21 pm »

Mirka

Mirka just nodded, putting away the binoculars and preparing to return to camp.

Hoping nothing more would happen, even as she knew things wouldn't be that simple...

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 08, 2022, 03:27:38 pm »

Eilyth

On Mack's shoulders, Fairy stirred. She stared at Eilyth with a piercing gaze, knowing all the Dragon's secrets with only a glance. You don't know everything. she thought.

"What are you planning to do to my sister?" Fairy asked.

Kirari

Before Verna had a chance to insist, Kirari's radio buzzed. "Hey, Kirari, have you heard anything from Monika?" Sally asked, "She and Faith won, but she never showed up back at camp for medical attention. Faith said she was hurt pretty badly."

Monika

"I wish I could say better." Astarotte said solemnly, "I won't be accompanying you any further, Layla." she held out a small book to Monika, "I think it would be best for you to carry this. Use it wisely."

Lily introduced the other girl as "Martyr." And then asked Astarotte, "Where is Mia?"

"Dead, I'm afraid." Astarotte shook her head sadly, "She was a monster until the very end."

"Oh, shit." Lily shot Monika and apologetic look, "Fate is hurt pretty badly, I'm worried she won't be able to fight."

Astarotte smiled smugly at that. "Oh? Is that how little you Tyranians think of us? You shouldn't underestimate a Katrian hero. If Monika is a third of the woman her mother was, there's nothing to worry about."
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #864 on: March 08, 2022, 03:33:52 pm »

Kirari

It took a moment for the words to settle in. "No, I haven't," she spoke into the radio. It was a miracle that the strain didn't come through in her voice. Kirari looked back at Verna. "I think Monika might be in trouble." She switched back to the radio once more. "Is there any other word of her? I will make an attempt to track Mon- the Major down." The radio fell silent once more. "I. . . Verna, I don't believe I could wish for anything more than to peacefully speak with you and Doc. But, it seems that the world won't allow that to happen."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 08, 2022, 05:11:52 pm »

Eilyth
Dragon didn't falter for even a moment. She'd already come to terms with the skeletons in her closet, and it didn't matter how much she still didn't know. She had only one job to do here, and once it was done the rest would be some other poor bitch's problem. Assuming any of them lived that far, anyway. She knows better than to be an optimist at this point in the story.

"I'm gonna replace her with someone less omnicidally insane." Eilyth answered. "With any luck, a worthy successor will be here soon enough. Apparently doing that should fix the world just enough to put an end to this nonsense. That's all I know, but it's a better lead than the fat load of nothing we were left with after she kicked our asses the first time, so I'm following it."

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 08, 2022, 07:14:48 pm »

Kirari

Verna frowned and wrapped Kirari in a hug. "That's too bad, but I'm sure she'll understand. You have to help your friend, right? Doc would be happy you're doing that."

Eilyth

"So you're sayin' I don't just get to hit god, I get to knock her off her overly-fancy high chair? Sounds like a sweet deal to me." Mack said.

At this point, she's the most sane, you know. "Allia is lucky. I think you can do it. We'll help." Fairy said, You shouldn't trust her, she's the most frightening of all. "Mack, I'm not sleepy anymore, can we go look at the ocean?"

"Sure thing boss." Mack shrugged at Eilyth, prompting a giggle from the child as she bounced on the mercenary's shoulders.

As they approached the Stone Ocean, the rocks seemed to churn faster. It was as if they were angered by the Steward's approach. Fairy dismounted Mack's shoulders and stepped onto the violent rocks, an action that should have been suicidal. But the instant her bare foot grazed a stone, the entire ocean went completely still. She stepped forward again and the rocks created the first step of a stairway in front of her. With each step, she descended lower and lower, until no trace of her remained. At Trick's behest, the rest of her group followed.

Allia met Eilyth at the edge of the ocean. "I hope you're ready for this. Once we go down there, we may never return." she smiled joyfully at Eilyth, "This better be just as much fun as the last time we went down here together, Dragon. Because win or lose, it's never happening again."
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 08, 2022, 07:28:18 pm »

Monika

Taking a quick glance at the book that was just handed to her, Monika gave Astarotte a nod, "Right, I'll make sure to read it when I get the chance then" she commented... Right before noticing what Astarotte called Lily. Layla? One of the goddesses? That... Couldn't be a coincidence. But Monika wasn't going to comment on it just yet. Instead, she merely gave Lily a shrug when she looked at her, "Eh, I've been through worse. Lil' bit of rest and I'll be good as new, ear be damned."

With that though, Monika couldn't help but let out a sigh, looking back up at Lily with a more serious look in her eyes, "Still, I think I'm owed a bit of an explanation about things. At the very least, what the problem actually is."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #868 on: March 08, 2022, 07:54:21 pm »

Kirari

"I'm s-sorry, Verna." As she wrapped her arms around the girl, she felt something crack inside. A warmth ran down her cheek. "I-I-I-" was all she managed before her weight collapsed onto Verna, sobs tearing themselves from her throat. "I don't, I don't, I don't understand. Why do you- why are you- both of you- I'm not-" A part of her felt oddly disconnected, almost as if watching herself from above. I'm crying. I almost did earlier, with Miru and the general. Have I done it before? When I was young, I think. A little. She tried to breathe, making an ugly snorting sound, and mostly just succeeding in choking her on her own snot. "I'm sorry. I can't, I can't be Kira, I want to be Kira but I can't be her. I-I killed her, Kirari killed her, I-I- you- Doc- I'm sorry-" The Shadow meister devolved further into incoherent sobbing, unfamiliar and barely-understood emotions pouring forth without the faintest bit of control.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 08, 2022, 07:57:51 pm »

Dragon
Eilyth nods her head as they stand at the precipice of the end, watching them all vanish before them. Figured that much out a long time ago. But this is the path I've chosen. Besides, who else is gonna protect her, even from herself?

"Good." she said, a vicious, fanged smile on her face as she flexed her shoulders. Her tentacles spilled out of the holes in her hoodie, there no longer being a point to pretending to be human. There hadn't been for a while, but she'd just wanted one last taste... just in case. "It's about damn time we played for keeps, I'm getting tired of going around in circles like this. Plus I finally got an excuse to go all out."
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 70