Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52497 times)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance - Arc 1: The Game
« Reply #825 on: January 30, 2022, 06:38:24 pm »

Astarte

Not even bothering to resist the urge to roll her eyes, Astarte simply shook her head, settling her narrowed eyes on the woman in front of her, "Fine, don't say I didn't warn you" was all she said before suddenly stepping forward, weaving her head around the cutlass as her one fist flew out, a layer of hardened ice already formed around it as the Lady struck the woman square in the face.

Monika

For a brief moment, Monika felt her body push itself forward, eager to use this new power. Even with Sally's power fading, she could still easily catch up to and dispatch the meister and any other poor individual in her way. But, for now, she restrained herself. It was probably better to check up on the status of the rest of her team, now that she had completed their main objective. Thus, Monika rolled her shoulders back, reaching for her pocket to retrieve her radio...

... Only to realize the radio she had kept on her was completely fried from the various explosions it had to endure. "Oh for the love of-" Monika began before shutting herself with a frustrated sigh, quickly walking over to the still immobile tank Faith resided in and tapped on the side of it, "Hey Faith, you still in there? Radio's busted and I gotta check up on the rest of the squad."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 30, 2022, 06:44:31 pm »

Silvia

Silvia nodded jerkily.

"Uh. Yes. Understood. I'll do that."

She began to quickly beat a retreat.

This was going to be a shitshow.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #827 on: January 30, 2022, 09:18:55 pm »

Lunete and Silvia

The Lanican meister's eye opened wide as Mirala drove the wind from her, the paired impacts enough to put her on her hands and knees. Not to be deterred in the face of obvious danger from a more skillful opponent, she wheezed some air back into her lungs and charged at the Katrians with a shout.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 31, 2022, 06:22:46 pm »

Monika

Faith responded, but the explosions still had Monika's ears ringing. Monika couldn't even hear her own voice over it. At the very least Monika could tell she was still alive. Once her hearing cleared up, she could-

There was blood on her right cheek. Not Saro's, fresh warm blood from her own head. She instinctively reached up to touch it and found that it was coming out of her ear. And then she realized: Only one of her ears was still ringing.

Faith popped up out of the tank and called out to Monika, but with one ear nonfunctional and the other still ringing, Monika had no hope of hearing what the girl was saying.

Lunete and Silvia

{beatdown theme}

Lunete found herself promptly subjected to a flurry of blows from all directions. A knee to the chest, a fist to her shoulder, an elbow to the back of her head, and several dozen more blows she couldn't hope to keep track of. Mirala's ability to displace her body made it impossible for Lunete's power to act on any given part for very long, as well as making avoiding attacks exceedingly difficult. At some point she started stumbling backwards, which is when Mirala's leg casually extended to trip her. That might have been the end of it, but through sheer force of stubbornness she managed to stay on her feet. So instead, Mirala's leg slammed into the side of her head hard enough to send her flying into the nearby wall. One more gut punch was stopped short when Mirala realized just in time that Lunete was actually staying down this time.

She turned to Silvia to say that they should return to Ishma right away. Regardless of whether or not this lunatic was an actual Lanican rebel or a third party, Ishma needed to know about the encounter. But instead she said, "Wait, what the-?"

Somehow, the dazed girl had managed to slip Mirala's notice (in fact, she had slipped everyone's notice) and get behind her. She now held Silvia in her clutches, stifling the struggling Katrian's cries with a surprisingly sure grip for such a small girl. Her face held a sweet, calm smile that made her presence even more unnerving and her eyes had a strange dark orange symbol glowing in them. Mirala started to rerach out with her power to try to free Silvia, but she was too slow. Space warped and twisted around momentarily before suddenly snapping back into place with an audible pop that left Shinko and Silvia were nowhere to be seen.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #829 on: January 31, 2022, 06:38:04 pm »

Lunete

The meister's vision swam. She'd ended up on the floor after an undignified slide down the wall. "Damned. . . rgh. . ." With her brain rattled as it was, she didn't have the spare power to string together proper sentences, let alone ones laced with properly creative profanity. As it turned out, she also didn't have enough spare brainpower to coordinate her arms and legs in the task of standing back up on the first attempt, flopping back to the floor after a single wobble atop her elbows. She shot a hateful glare in the direction of the Katrians. . . just in time to see Shinko and Silvia vanish from sight. "What. . ." Electing to brace herself against the wall (which probably bore a spattering of her own blood at this point), she managed to stagger to her feet with no small effort, then point accusatorily at the remaining foreigner. "You. . . what did you do with Shinko!?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 01, 2022, 12:26:05 am »

Mirka

Mirka nodded. "All right. If the radio op's been taken hostage, I can't imagine what the situation back at camp is like..." On the surface she was calm, but beneath she had dozens of questions that needed answering. Most of all: What was really going on here?

Then came the roaring thunder.

Instantly Mirka dove behind the nearest piece of cover - anything that might shield her from what was happening behind them. When the noise subsided, she warily peeked out from her cover, eyes searching for any signs of further attacks.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 08:43:04 pm by AzyWng »

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 01, 2022, 09:13:18 pm »

Mirka and Estela

The radio was static just long enough to cause concern before Iona said, "I'm fine, Major. The mystery woman is dead. Lily is static for the moment." The was an elongated pause. "I think she's crying."

Although the lightning had certainly been terrifying and a bit dramatic, Mirka and Estela were completely fine.

Yava

Siren shook her head. "I'm asleep so I don't feel anything. Benni had to wake me up during an attack once and I saw it, but it didn't scare me the way it does everyone else. And when it closed, I didn't feel a thing."

Despite her reassurances, something seemed to have made her pensive. She was rubbing her hand anxiously and her breathing was shallower than before she went to sleep.

Astarte

Spackle fucking ate it. Fist to face, feet to air, head to ground. A lesser woman would have been out cold. But not a sailor from aboard the Promise of the Profaned Oyster.

Her cutlass bit into Astarte's left ankle, causing a spike of severe pain that almost caused the Lady to topple. This was followed by a feeling of brittle cold that seemed to permeate her very bones. Strangely, there was no physical effect like one might expect from a holy weapon, only an extreme discomfort that passed before Spackle even pulled the blade back out of Astarte's flesh.

Lunete

"I didn't do anything, your little friend took Silvia." Mirala answered. she stooped down to pick up Lunete's eye, which had sprung free during the fight. She figured it must be a holy weapon, given that Lunete's power stopped when it exited. "Since you're still here, I assume you weren't actually working with her. Which means you get to take me to Ishma after all." Pocketing the weapon for the moment, she grabbed Lunete's arm and wrapped it around her shoulders, helping to steady the woman who only struggled to walk because of Mirala's own actions. It seemed a bit strange to help, but she needed answers... and also felt a little guilty for how hard she had won.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 01, 2022, 10:15:28 pm »

Yava

"I see..." The thief said, pursing her lips a bit. As many questions as she still had, she decided it was best to focus on the greater horror here. Ironic given just a minute ago she'd seen something that put witnessing friends cut in half by machinegun fire to shame. "...Give it to me straight. How bad was future you saw? Did you find Seer?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #833 on: February 02, 2022, 12:13:10 pm »

Lunete

The Shadow meister briefly attempted to resist being helped, before confusion at what happened allowed reason to break through into her thoughts. "What. . ." Lunete shook her head, attempting to eliminate the vestiges of the fog in her head. "No, that's correct, Shinko grabbed your. . . Silvia. Or a person that looked like Shinko." Blessedly for Mirala's ears, Lunete considered the thought for several moments. Timid little Shinko? No, there's no possible way she could have been a plant this entire time, you couldn't fake that level of constant terror. Another false ally, another traitor to the cause. . . Lunete did not relish the thought of killing the girl. If it came to it, she would stain her hands again, there was no doubt, but that didn't mean she enjoyed it. "So yes, we shall go to Ishma. I suppose you'll want to parade my shame before her," she grumbled. The thought prompted another, and she glanced at Mirala with one eye socket uncomfortably empty and uncovered. "Where is my eye?" Part of her "sight" was missing; if the Katrian meister wasn't stupid (which seemed vanishingly unlikely,) she'd probably figured out that the eye was her weapon, which meant persuading her to return it was going to be irritating.
GM of Trespassers V2.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: February 02, 2022, 04:27:42 pm »

Mirka

After no apparent signs that they were being attacked - or, indeed, that there was any more fighting coming from the direction of the thunder - Mirka pulled out her binoculars (first looking over at Estela to see if the Major would protest) and swept the surroundings for any activity. In particular, she was looking for Lily and the other combatant to confirm what Iona had told her.

Again the question weighed on her: What was really going on?

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 06, 2022, 10:19:05 pm »

Mia

Kellen Sydow, perhaps the greatest duelist in the entire world. At the time she was just a fledgling, but her skill still glistened across her blade as it flickered through the air in a wide, arcing slash that Mia was easily able to dodge. A wall of water sprayed up between them as Mia's needles dug into the swordswoman's skin, tearing it off bit by bit. Kellen didn't falter, the water splashed over her, healing the minor wounds Mia had inflicted almost instantly. Mia was used to overwhelming advantage, and found herself caught off guard by the silent warrior. Her weapon could be extremely painful to be on the receiving end of, but it took time for it to tear enough off to cause that pain. When it had only begun its work, it felt like barely more than a tingle. Although Kellen's healing ability was minor, it worked quickly, and as another splash doused her, Mia found that her needles couldn't outpace it. she took another step back, dodging the third and fourth attacks, but Kellen was closing faster than she could back off. Enhanced speed wasn't worth much when the only direction you could go was backwards down an enclosed alleyway, and without the ability to reliably steal anything more than skin from Kellen, Mia couldn't risk a more substantial leap backwards for fear of totally blowing out her already weakened limbs. The next slash was closer, and Mia was forced to redirect it slightly, knocking it upwards over her shoulder as she narrowly skirted backwards enough to avoid having her head lopped off. Kellen didn't let up, pulling the sword straight above herself and unleashing a mighty downward slash. Mia's needles moved to block it, all three crossing together to make a nigh-impenetrable barrier. Kellen's blade stopped short, but she didn't. Her knee came up and she delivered a swift kick to Mia's stomach, nearly toppling her backwards. Two needles came free of the deadlock, puppeteering Mia's arms to keep her upright. That was a fatal mistake.

Kellen's blade twisted away from the remaining needle, easily avoiding them as her overhead slash now came down at an angle. The blade ripped into Mia's torso, spraying blood out alongside the water that slashed against her face, spraying it with violent warmth that cut through the cold drizzle like butter. Kellen didn't even seem to notice, her stoic expression unchanging as she slashed again, and again, and again. Mia's innards were in ribbons as they rapidly reversed their name. She tried desperately to tear something meaningful off of Kellen, but she still couldn't dig in deep enough to find anything meaningful. At this point, Kellen was damaging her faster than she could heal even if she were able to find another source of sustenance.

Another slash sent the remains of Mia's body to its knees, and then Kellen pulled her blade back and up, its point trained directly towards Mia's heart. For the first time since the day she got her weapon, Mia felt afraid. She could restore her heart easily enough, but there was barely enough of her left for her needles to lift, and without functional legs. She knew she could survive any amount of damage if she repaired it, but she didn't know how long she could survive a mortal wound before her body gave out. even if she could drag herself to a new victim eventually, Kellen wouldn't wait for that. There were certainly Katrians with the ability to completely eradicate her body, Kellen would call for backup and Mia would be unable to escape with the swordswoman standing over her.

There was no doubt about it, if Kellen's sword pierced her heart, Mia would die.

Mia's needles dragged her legs underneath her again. She'd done everything in her power to keep them away from Kellen, they were her last hope of escape. Forcing her muscles to ignore any strain, she jumped. Even though she didn't feel pain properly anymore, she couldn't help but wince as the fibers tore themselves to shreds to propel her upwards. Her needles scrabbled for purchase on brick as one of her legs, barely attached before the jump, fell free entirely. She managed to dig into the wall and start climbing, alternatingly using her needles and what was left of her extremities to pull herself towards the top.

Kellen cursed and pulled out her sidearm, unloading the magazine into Mia's back in a final attempt to force the monster into her clutches. It wasn't enough, and with the last reserves of her strength, Mia's arms pulled her over the edge of the roof to safety.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #836 on: February 06, 2022, 10:45:07 pm »

Kirari

"Safety" meant a rapier flashing toward the tattered remnants of Marionette's body. The Dame had positioned herself to intercept the monster as she fled, aiming to pressure her before Marionette was even fully aware of her presence. This time, she wasted no moves on attempting to take parts of the flesh puppet over; the shadowy tendrils lunged for Marionette's needles immediately. Kirari may have been able to match neither Marionette nor Kellen Sydow on even footing, but the former, beaten to near death by the latter, in a mental battle? That was a different matter entirely.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 09, 2022, 01:13:48 am »

Jessie

Adia seemed surprised by Jessie's reaction, but she didn't say anything. She just watched the former thief curl into a useless ball of failure. Her smile was gone, but the gentleness was still there in her new look of pity. After Jessie started to calm down a bit, she finally spoke.

"Dammit, I'm too fucking soft." she said with a sigh. She knelt down and helped Jessie sit up. Then she reached into her cloak again. "Teya's going to kill me for this." she groaned, "At least if Lali doesn't get to me first. You've lost your shot here, but if you want a second chance, I know some people who might be strong enough to help you achieve your goal. It's going to take some serious fucking commitment though." Adia pulled her hand out of her cloak and took Jessie's hand with her other. "Alice Golden," she stressed the fake name, "will you marry me?" The hand from her cloak revealed a silver ring with a black gem, which she presented to Jessie as evidence of how real her proposal was.

As much of a joker as Adia could be, Jessie couldn't detect any hint of humor in any of her features anywhere. For whatever absurd reason, she was entirely serious.
Jessie

There might be a better description for her current emotional state than "whiplash", but if there was, Jessie couldn't think of it. Actually, she couldn't really think of that one at the moment, either; she was too busy reeling, trying to process Adia's offer.

A second chance. Marriage of all things-
Oh.

Oh.

That would... that would change things. That would change things massively.

It would have to change her first, of course. But... she was okay with that.
She didn't exactly like who she was.

Even still, she sat there blankly for a moment. Blinking as she worked through her head, worked up her will.

"I- I, uh, yes. Yes, I will. I won't, ah, you won't regret this. Thank you. Thank you."
There were tears running down her face again. But this time, she didn't mind.

She was going to be a Farsign.
And then she was going to take Neridus apart.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 09, 2022, 07:15:38 pm »

Monika

It didn't take long for Monika to realize the problem, even if she didn't notice it at first. But upon seeing the blood on her fingertips and the complete silence of her right ear, Monika couldn't help but curse under her breath, glancing at the now revealed Faith and, remembering the shot the latter took before she managed to engage Saro, ran up to the tank driver and quickly checked her over, seeing how major the wound was, "Don't bother talking Faith, can't hear a thing with this busted ear" Monika said as she did so, standing back up to her full height once it was clear that the gunshot wound was only minor, "Call the rest of the squad back to base, we've done our part. I've gotta get a healer for this" the Major quickly added, gesturing to her ear before turning around and hopping back down to the ground, breaking into a sprint in the direction of the main camp, the occasional light explosion popping out from under her feet as she ran. She honestly could only hope that her ear wasn't completely unsalvageable.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 12:59:36 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 14, 2022, 08:59:41 pm »

Alice

Adia slipped the ring onto Alice's finger, sealing their agreement. She then removed her cloak and draped it around Alice's shoulders. "You'll need this." she explained, "Head for the nearest city, find a seedy bar--I'm sure you know the type that underworlders flock to--and start asking for 'Thaddeus Gorman.' It's a codename I used to use when I was in trouble, the family will have their ears listening for it. If anyone other than Hera or Iana shows up, ask to meet with Hera. Unless it's Teya, in which case show her the ring and demand to speak to grandma, she'll probably kill you otherwise." Adia winced a little at the mention of Teya. "Once they've taken you in, have mom contact me so we can have a ceremony and get you official. Then we can have Aunt Juno start drafting plans to hit Neridus where it hurts."

Her oddly expletive-free explanation complete, Adia let out a sigh. It might have been relief or sadness, but Alice thought it almost sounded like regret. Not one to finish things with a single surprise, she wrapped her arms around Alice before the former burglar could stop her. When she released it a minute or two later, she had tears in her eyes. "Pass that along to mom, would you? Tell her I miss her." she spoke with a bittersweet tone, "And take care of yourself. I'll never forgive you if you rob my heart like it's a fucking bank."

Though there were still tears in her eyes, she laughed at her own joke. Her laugh was joyous and sweet, like a fine wine, it was no wonder she'd taken the name Mirth as her alias. With nothing left to be said, she simply laughed and smiled. Somehow she found it in her to feel a genuine sense of joy towards a woman who had never even considered trusting her. To give a useless revolutionary a second chance. To give someone who had lost everything a home.

She waved goodbye as Alice turned to leave, never once giving an indication of the unease she felt in her heart. She had made the right choice to save Alice, but she knew that the road ahead wouldn't be easy for either of them. Roads that involved hurting people to achieve your goals never were.
Defile Circles Discord
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 70