Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52514 times)

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance - Arc 1: The Game
« Reply #555 on: February 23, 2021, 01:11:08 pm »

Yava
Realizing that pressing the matter would only arouse suspicion, the thief dropped whatever other questions she had. Something most definitely was not right here, but she couldn't justify the feeling yet. She couldn't justify anything yet. Her shoulders dropped in what seemed to be somber acceptance as she cast her gaze to the ground.

"I... see. Understood."

Eilyth
The knight spent a moment looking back and forth between those assembled. Seeing that Patricia had come back was the second pleasant surprise in an otherwise wretched day. Dame Jane's presence elicited some mixed feelings, but given what they had just fought Eilyth pushed them down. She wasn't trying to kill them, and they would need all the help they could get against this divine abomination.
    "We can't stay here," she finally said, "that thing we just fought should not exist. No one will believe what happened here. If we want answers, we're going to have to seek them out on our own."

She cast one last look at the grave behind her. There was so much more to be said, so much welling up inside. So much she didn't even know how to articulate it. But she knew one thing:

The only thing that could cage a goddess was death. That was going to be much easier said than done.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 23, 2021, 08:20:14 pm »

Monika

"Huh... They sure have been busy" Monika commented as she stared at the covered up machine. Like Kirari, the applications of a vehicle this large capable of flight was... Problematic in the long term. In the short term, there were plenty of Meisters walking around as well, and as good as she was, she wasn't good enough to take on that many at once. At the very least, she could see why this place was so important, and why it was kept a secret.

The only problem now was sabotaging their little project.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 24, 2021, 09:32:48 am »

Monika and Kirari

"Huh?" Miru tilted her head at Kirari's question, "The intelligence chicks sent me here. It's a big mission that's been in the works basically since you guys got captured.

"And I didn't know you would be here, that was just lucky. Everyone back home thinks you're dead. It must be fate for me to keep rescuing you, right Monika?" she grinned self-importantly.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #558 on: February 24, 2021, 09:42:02 am »

Kirari

The Shadow - no, Spirit - meister frowned, in her usual half-complete way. "I see." Perhaps I shouldn't question blessings. I've already received far more than I deserve. She glanced at Monika, then back to the flying machine. "We need to find a computer system and get every record of this weapon. Have you seen any here?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 24, 2021, 07:48:08 pm »

Monika

"I sure believe they'd like to think I'm dead" Monika thought to herself as she shrugged at Miru's comment about fate, "You do seem to always be around. Maybe that's a part of your Holy Weapon's ability, right place, right time" she added. Then she narrowed her eyes, taking in the patrolling guards, scientists, and meisters wandering the facility, along with the as of now incomplete machine, "Getting as much intel as we can on this thing is going to be hard enough, but I don't like the idea of leaving this thing the way it is now. Problem is going to be getting close enough."
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 25, 2021, 12:13:51 am »

Monika and Kirari

Miru's eyes gleamed mischievously. "I know how we can get closer."
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 25, 2021, 06:21:03 pm »

Monika

Taking a moment to glance at Miru with a raised eyebrow before nodding. She was aware of Miru's the various ways her Holy Weapon could be used, and at the very least, they it would be useful to getting closer. So, shifting her eyes back to the facility at large, Monika held out a hand in Kirari's direction, "I think I can take my weapon back now Kirari."
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #562 on: February 25, 2021, 06:32:48 pm »

Kirari

Kirari nodded, handing the halberd over. It felt strange to carry another's holy weapon, and a small part of her was glad to be rid of it. She'd seen what Monika's weapon could do; Kirari wasn't eager to be near it when it misfired. "So we just need to touch your holy weapon and wait for it to take effect then, no?" She turned to watch the rest of the area, not even considering any possible implications of this action other than the immediately practical one.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 26, 2021, 11:08:04 pm »

Silvia

Silvia jumped a bit. Damnit, she wasn't used to being snuck up on, she was supposed to be the one that did the sneaking-up-on! Usually by taking advantage of being too fast to be noticed.
Recovering from her startlement relatively quickly, she turned toward the... oh, that poor woman. Foisting that much paperwork on someone should be a crime.
Silvia shook her head. "Definitely some pieces of work. Just... how the hell can anyone justify killing innocent people like this? Guards, I could understand, even if it's distasteful, but this... no, you don't do that."

Jessie

Jessie took a deep breath, still reeling a bit. Then she crouched down a bit to look Farore in the eye, with a somewhat sad look in her own.
"Don't try to ditch her. Remember what I told you. This is better than the alternatives."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 03, 2021, 03:39:50 pm »

Silvia

"I dunno." the paperwork said, "It does seem pretty crazy. But if you don't think anyone is really real, does it matter if they die?"

Jessie

Farore glanced between Hellia and Jessie before nodding. "Alright, that seems reasonable." she said calmly, something in her tone sounding far more mature than her previous behavior would indicate, "Take care of yourself, Miss Kidnapper."

As Farore followed Hellia, Jessie retreated back to the streets. Given her ability, it was ideal for her to take watch from somewhere up high, since sneaking into a building would be easy enough. All she had to do was keep eyes on Farore and Hellia and then they were home free. Assuming no trouble showed up.

Monika and Kirari

"Yup!" Miru confirmed, "You'll be totally invisible in no time!"

Given that it took Miru twenty minutes to turn herself completely invisible, "no time" was going to take a while. If they pulled it off, then they'd have a free ticket to the entire facility. Of course there was always the risk of interruptions.

Cath-Helel

Wordlessly, Patricia walked up to Eilyth. Their eyes met, and a similar fury was shared between them. "I don't know what the fuck just happened, but you can bet your succulent ass that I'm with you 'til the end. We're gonna give that bitch hell."

Dame Jane approached as well. "Dragon, I know we came here as enemies, but I would be remiss in my duty to Tyran if I simply let a monster like that go unchallenged. If you plan to stop her, I want to be there."

That left Allia. But unlike the other two, she didn't so much as stand. Her body language reeked of pain and regret. Perhaps there was vengeance within her heart as well, but it was being drowned out by grief. She stared longingly at the grave Eilyth had dug, clutching her hand to the hole in her shirt where the fatal blow had been struck as she did so. It wasn't the injury that she reached for, but the gaping hole that remained in her heart.

Yava

Sola touched Yava's shoulder in pity. "We will find time to mourn her later, right now we should prepare. The Katrians are getting closer. What service would it be to her memory if we let an assassin sneak past us?"

Of course, Sola was the one who was truly upset. She had so few friends, and manipulation or not, Erina had been closer to the isolated Dame Supreme than most. The three of them had shared dinner a few times, and although the air was tense with secrecy, the oblivious Sola had always had a happy smile on her face. It must have been agonizing for a lonely soul like her to lose a close friend like that.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #565 on: March 03, 2021, 03:44:41 pm »

Kirari

She thought about the idea for a moment. "I am not sure that's a good idea, thinking on it." A corner of her mouth turned down slightly. "Standing around for a half hour in a secure facility is going to lead us into a patrol eventually. " She looked between the other two meisters, pondering their options. "I don't suppose you know a way to where we need to be that won't lead to us blundering into a dozen enemy meisters."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 04, 2021, 04:42:13 am »

Yava
It was admirable, in a way. How Sola always seemed so able to press on despite it all. Yava was more confused and skeptical about the whole situation than anything; truth be told she had still been somewhat afraid to even be in the presence of Erina, despite agreeing to help her. To her it was an arrangement made tenuously, ready to be reconsidered the moment Yava was given a reason to believe her apprehensions were well founded. To Sola though, it had probably been a genuine friendship for far longer than Yava had known her. This was more than just a potential(ly dangerous) loose end to the Dame Supreme. Out of respect for that, and the obvious stoic resolve on display, Yava nodded and mirrored the smile she was given.
   "Yes... Yes. You are right, of course. It would be disservice to her to forget our duty."

Cath-Helel
The knight nodded in silent thanks to the two, then headed to Allia's side. Without a word, she gently laid her hand on the steward's shoulder. Her eyes couldn't help but linger on the grave as well, and she had little choice but to pry them away as her heart began to seethe against the flimsy barrier of calm she had managed to construct. Searching for the proper words here was already stressing it enough.
   "This... was the choice she made," she finally said after a few moments, "even knowing what it would cost, she still made it. Because the person she loved most was worth that cost. Her life is yours now, given to replace the one that Kallisto stole. What you choose to do with that life is up to you. In a way, I think this is part of what Kallisto actually intended. It's wasn't enough to just destroy you, she wanted to destroy everything you loved too."
   She stood, and, needing something to focus on to keep her last shreds of self-control from vanishing, stared at the still smoldering crater. "She's failed on the former of those counts, thanks to Brigette's and my own efforts. You're the only one who can dictate if she succeeded on the latter though. That monster's not going to stop with this, and whatever she's planning is bound to end in disaster. I know Brigitte would never stand for letting someone like that run free to do whatever they want, killing, maiming, breathing hot suffering and shitting pure misery."
   She turned again, knelt back down and got on eye level with her lady. Her gaze, like twin brilliant seas of surging crimson surrounding slit isles of pure black, glinted with equal parts anguish and resolution. And something else as well. A distant hatred so cold and brutal that there were few things it would not consider for the sake of annihilating it's target. In that moment, Cath-Helel was both a stoically poised knight awaiting her liege's command, and a caged beast lusting for permission to kill and destroy those who had slighted it.

"So..." she said, "I have to ask, Leah. What are you going to do with the life my sister gave you?"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 04:49:39 am by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 04, 2021, 03:08:22 pm »

Monika

"I have to agree with Kirari here. Your power doesn't exactly work fast" Monika commented, continuing to scan the facility ahead of them. She also had a feeling that Miru was doing it just so that she could get Monika to touch her panties, and while she could respect how daring she was if that was her goal, now wasn't the best time, "Hm... Might be good to keep looking around. We are still in uniform after all."

Astarte

At this point, Astarte was used to people in high positions taking a huge focus on their own luxury. But it still gave her a bad taste when one went out of their way to 'show off', so to speak, much like how the Inferno Esteemed One did. Still, she kept her expression neutral as she walked through the forge's halls, ignoring the fact that the Esteemed One in question didn't even seem to notice her arrival, "Esteemed One. I have a few questions I'd like you to answer for me" Astarte stated, voice as calm and professional as it always was.
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 04, 2021, 10:03:48 pm »

Monika and Kirari

Miru glanced down at herself, still clad in a Katrian uniform. It had been unwise for her to unveil herself. She didn't say anything, but it was apparent that they wouldn't simply be able to waltz around the facility with her in tow.

"I haven't been down here yet." she answered Kirari, "Totally blind on this one."

She was already starting to turn slightly transparent, although the process was as slow as expected.

Astarte

Mathyas shot Astarte a look mixed between annoyance and surprise. "You are not on my schedule." he said disdainfully. Although he was a man of great importance, Astarte was still his technical superior. He knew better than to give her cause to trouble him, so he offered a compromise of sorts. "Make it quick, I am very, very busy."

Eilyth

Allia's eyes met Cath-Helel. They were still shadowed with grief, but it was accompanied by something new. Something far more terrifying than cold-blooded revenge.

"You're wrong." Allia said quietly, a twisted grin cracking her face, "There's nothing deeper here. She's dead, what does it matter what she would have done?" A deranged giggle choked out of her throat alongside half of a sob. "None of this matters. It's all just a shitty game."

The emptiness in her eyes swirled violently as she suddenly burst to her feet. "You hear me?!" she screamed into the air, "I don't care anymore!"

She's lying, of course. She cares the most of all.

Flexing her fingers like claws as rage caused her entire body to shake, Allia looked to Eilyth once more. "It doesn't matter. None of it matters." she whispered through tears, "So who cares if we tear it to shreds?"

Snarling like a cornered animal, she screamed into the air again. This time without words, only the sound of her anguished heart echoed through the scorched crater.

Yava

The door burst from its hinges of a beam of light, prompting Sola to a fighting stance. "What the h-" she started, but the intruder cut her off.

"I don't have time for that." the goddess said, using her power to instill true belief on all in the room.

Yava might have expected to be spared, but the experience was not truly repeated. Although similar to the first time, the fires of belief burned twice as bright now. As her head cleared, she knew: This was not Erina nor Katrina, this was Kallisto, the one true goddess who stood above all others. Any hope of standing up to her was insanity, her power was simply too great. Mere mortals had no choice but to submit.

"Keyhole." she said calmly, "Please kill the Chancellor Supreme for me, Solamon and I need to have a little chat."
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #569 on: March 04, 2021, 10:18:31 pm »

Kirari

The corner turned down further. In hindsight, trusting Miru to have thought this through may not have been the greatest decision she had ever made. "We can't sit still. We might just need to forcibly obtain a uniform from someone around here. It shouldn't be hard to knock out someone wandering around alone." Black eyes moved between Miru and Monika. "We can use the invisibility to create lures and projectiles for that purpose. It's a risk, but one we may have to take."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 70