Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 68186 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #1080 on: August 15, 2020, 10:43:07 am »

((Yep, parasitic mollusks))
Year 360.4
Some of the younger Vasilikos ended up eating the scales that fell off of others. Unknown to them, there were eggs on the scales. Erno, one of the younger Vasilikos, noticed that a few days after his scales fell off, new scales appear to grow from the White Blood Thief, however, these “scales” grow along with the parasites. Erno now knows that it will be incredibly difficult to learn who has these white blood thieves and who doesn’t, as their shells look like scales, and they don’t leave.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 16, 2020, 06:49:20 am »

Notices and Summary:

TURNS:

WORLD STATE:
The Cloudrock Clan continues on its Sky-Island building.

The Elysian Nomads continue on their travel southward. They have reached the edge of Vilutra's Enclave and the Valley of Songs.
(Open for anyone to write an interaction between the Elysian Nomads and Vilutra's Enclave and/or the Jadeleafs/Astara)

The construction of the Jahtari Sky-Ship, The Sky bridgge and White Tower's channel have progressed.

Rolls

Minilla Vs Sharkmen
Code: [Select]
Minilla 1d20=11
Sharkmen 1d20=2

The Sharkmen have never really encountered Minilla and certainly have never been in conflict with it before, so they did not expect an attack from a giant amphibious lizard and do not have many weapons with which to fight off such a monster. Their only strenght would be in numbers, but the Sharkmen are generally spread out over a wide area. Despite all of their advances in the past, the sharkmen are unable to do much damage to Minilla stomping through their territory.

While Minilla fared better against the Sharkmen, they are still good, agile swimmers able to many times get out of the way of Minilla's attacks. Minilla is unable to breathe fire underwater, and so is limited to trying to eat the Sharkmen whole. Minilla finds some success in that but many Sharkmen also manage to avoid the attacks.

Minilla's damage to Sharkman territory.
1d20=19
Seeing as the the sharkmen could do very little against Minilla, it just leisurely stomped through the sharkman territory near Streamland, destroying pretty much all of everything that the sharkmen had built there. Many Sharkmen survived the attack, but the same could not be said for their homes, of which only a small patch remains near the coast of streamland.

If the streamlanders knew of Minilla's attack on that sharkman territory, they'd thank it, as the territory was mostly used as a staging ground for attacking Streamland's ships.

Antars investigate the kidnapping
1d20=14

The motive for the kidnapping was obvious, who perpetuated it was not. All that could be gathered from eyewitness reports was that they were slugmen. Thus they must have come from one of the nations which they inhabit, the Antars knew of three: Free Cities of Dalai, New Qhanganate and Sandstone Qhanganate. Since Dalai was the only place to which Ambrosia had been exported to, they correctly concluded that the kidnappers most likely came from Dalai.
While some reports erroneously made references to Slugmen having legs, it makes their escape even more baffling as the Antars tried to figure out how they dragged themselves across the ground at speeds exceeding that of Humans in peak physical condition. They spent a good while trying to figure it out, with most agreeing that the slugmen must have learned to slither across the ground like snakes do, somehow.
((yes i made a dumb mistake in the last update, Slugmen don't have legs :P))

A team of the white, winged Antars was authorized by the Antars' committee to conduct an investigation within Dalai. After a bit of investigative work and talking to various officials, guard captains and such, the investigators became aware of the sprawling crime syndicate within Dalai, headed by an enigmatic leader who has never been seen. The Syndicate is suspected to have been deeply connected to the distribution of a dangerous drug known as "Vision Dust", a drug whose trafficking plummeted following Dalai starting to import Ambrosia. The motive for the kidnapping suddenly became even more clear and the investigators suspect that the Syndicate had kidnapped the Antar nurse. However, the investigators were the first Antar that almost all of the Slugmen they encountered, had seen. So there are not even any clues as to where the kidnapped antar has been taken.

For the time being, the investigators remain in Dalai.

Map and Legend

NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 16, 2020, 07:34:51 am »

Year 360.5: With the recent attack by Minilla the surviving sharkmen refuges go around to the various other sharkmen settlements and try to convince them to join together as one large group to better defend them selves from the likes of Minilla and to be better able to do large scale raids. Roll to see how well this goes.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 16, 2020, 09:46:01 am »

Year 360.6
The Silent Lands begin spreading to the south

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 16, 2020, 02:12:49 pm »

((I'm writing the next part of the Elysians journey, but it will not be ready before tomorrow.))

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 16, 2020, 02:25:53 pm »

Year 360.0:

Tribes of Sicis suffer their first disaster in many decades, as the local marshes are inundated due to a local river being dammed. The Toadmen are amphibian, so they can handle this - their buildings and granaries and fields, however, do not. How extensive is the damage?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 17, 2020, 04:48:38 pm »

Year 360.1

The Elisyan nomads were still marching south, passing through lanscapes unknown to their kin, but always with a confidence contrasting with their usual playfulness and insouciance. While members of other ethnic groups, traversing wild countries, would sometimes pass before rocks and trees with no more than a feeling of boredom, they saw them rather as just as many occasions to climb, reach some heights and then throw themselves in the air to glide on some distance. One of them would also at times walk stealthily behind a fellow companion and jump on his back, wich was always resulting in a comical tumbling: a ball of white fur, with colored patches, rolling smoothly and bursting out into laughing. In other words, travel was full of opportunities for fun and play, but what was truly driving their steps was the desire to explore and try finding a haven where they would be happy to live.

Eventually they arrived in a dragons' settlement bordering a slow-flowing river. Although it was a very peaceful place, it was also impressive for the high wooden structures of colossal size on each side of the large stream. They consisted of tall scaffolds, whole tree trunks serving as beams and supporting sturdy platforms on wich the dragons slept. And in the spaces between them, a multitude of fragrant shrubs and flowers of all kinds were growing. At the moment they showed up, the giant-sized village wasn't much crowded, the flying reptiles being probably gathering food or ressources elsewhere, so their coming went mostly unnoticed.

The Elysians were naturally attracted at first by the biggest structure around, that they viewed as one of the nicest climbing tower they had seen in their entire lives. So they nimbly scaled it, without any hesitation, their supple patagium wrapping the huge crossed beams and slightly undulating along them. Once at the top, they found themselves straight in front of a mighty clawed foot, then carefully raising their eyes, they wondered if they had made a terrible mistake by climbing there so innocently, only to finally see the gentle smile of a gigantic female dragon, looking at them with amusement and absolute kindness. She was a turquoise water dragon with a pale belly and her dimensions confirmed she was an Immortal.

"Hello there lovely beings ! My name is Vilutra. Your race isn't known to me, nor is your language, but you are welcome in my enclave, as anyone who come with pacific means." she said, in her calming deep voice. The Elysians were reassured afterwards and began to look at the surroundings, having an excellent viewpoint on the entire Jadeleaf Forest, that they deemed splendid. They were even allowed to climb on the back of Vilutra and it made them very gleeful.

When they returned at ground level, the sun was slowly setting, and every dragon came back to the bank of the river to prepare their dinner. They had then the pleasant surprise of discovering the joyful bunch of Elysians running around. It wasn't long before they were fully accepted, everyone wanting to greet them and see them more closely. So everybody enjoyed the evening and the Elysians had the chance to delight themselves with varieties of tasty fruits completely new to them. They also tasted a kind of root vegetable of a striking magenta color. It was evident that the inhabitants of the enclave were rather vegetarian among the dragonkind, but their visitors saw them also eat some big fish and game roasted on fire.

Later, the adult dragons bathed in the river to cool off a little after a warm day of summer. The Elysians for their part joined a group of younger dragons that were swimming and playing with a sort of bulky jade gourd floating in the water. Their patagium was very helpful to take part to the activity, allowing them to slide on the surface and quickly catch the gourd. But then, they weren't much able to bring the heavy object with them, so most of the time, their larger playmates managed to capsize the improvised buoy and make them fall again in the water, causing many laughters. All in all, it was a quite pleasant moment, the Elysians having spent the remainder of their energy, and it was time at last to go to sleep.

So they climbed again on top of some wooden platforms, along with their hosts who already flew there. And when they were comfortably curled up aside the dragons and finally closed their eyes, they were soothed by the wind carrying the songs of the Jadeleaves, making their minds slip agreeably in the world of dreams. The charm of this magical location had thus captivated their spirits and there they resided for a long while.

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 17, 2020, 06:06:53 pm »

Year 361
Though many had thought the God Dorath to have fallen into great slumber, yet it seems the God has just been rather...Busy. This is discovered by one of the many smith-masters of the great Dorathian metalworks, when he prayed for insight for a great invention. Soon after his head is filled with knowledge, a miracle performed to grant what he desired. Great works of stone and steel that could move on their own through the collected power of ki. Now all he needs to do is to actually make it...

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 18, 2020, 05:58:07 pm »

Notices and Summary:

Year 360.1
Okay, i had to pick my jaw off the floor...
I mean theres a few spelling mistakes but, its no less great because of it.
Well done! :))

So, what's my excuse for my horrifically delayed update?
I don't have one, i should be more diligent.

I will admit though, i was waiting on Yellow Pixel's turn, didn't know if he'd want any rolls, so i decided to take a small, one day break.
Then the break just kinda kept going and going. :(

The next two updates are going to be facing similar or even longer delays, since i'll have lengthy texts to write for both and i wont post them until im satisfied with them, 3 large texts, if i'm lucky...

Year 361
Though many had thought the God Dorath to have fallen into great slumber, yet it seems the God has just been rather...Busy. This is discovered by one of the many smith-masters of the great Dorathian metalworks, when he prayed for insight for a great invention. Soon after his head is filled with knowledge, a miracle performed to grant what he desired. Great works of stone and steel that could move on their own through the collected power of ki. Now all he needs to do is to actually make it...
Heya! :)) I think you've actually posted here before, right? before i was the GM?
TURNS:

WORLD STATE:
The Cloudrock Clan continues on its Sky-Island building.

The White Tower, and Jahtari sultanate have grown into their weak territories.

The Corruption of the Chaos Coalition has spread.

Rolls

Year 360.6
The Silent Lands begin spreading to the south
For reasons unknown, the silent lands have spread southward. Perhaps the initial assertions that nothing grows in the Silent Lands is wrong, and at least one thing does: The Silent land itself, like some kind of rotting wound that is eroding natural order as it continues to fester and spread.

Sharkman refugees' unification attempts
1d20=1!

The sharkman refugees' attempts to convince their brethren to join up as single, unified group has gone as badly as it could possibly go. Sharkmen are profoundly individualistic and devoted to the culture of their own clan, the Sharkmen's only uniting trait is that they all have a need to fight and kill. A meeting between the clan leaders was successfully called, but so many sharkmen with different and often conflicting opinions can never result in anything good for the Sharkmen. The sharkmen haven't truly fought anything for a long time now and the meeting devolved into insults and ended in one of the clans' chiefs declaring war on another. Which caused the other clan's ally to declare war on the first and so forth, with the end result being that somehow, all of the clans ended up declaring war on everyone else, ironically with the goal of dominating all the other clans. There wont be any alliances any time soon.

Thus, the Sharkman Territorial Wars have started.
(each sharkman territory will now have a small symbol to denote which clan it belongs to. Any clans named will be added to the Encyclopedia.)

The flooding of Tribes of Sicis
1d20=5
While the river that got dammed was a large and important one for the Toadmen near it and it did flood the settlements closest to the dam and some up the river, in the grand scheme of things, a single river within their relatively vast territory getting dammed and flooding the swamps nearby is a fairly minor disaster that is easy to recover from with just a bit of work, and the flooding caused by the damming was offset by the other side of the dam becoming relatively dry.

The Dorathhian smith-master's divine inspiration
1d20=16

Well Dorath most likely did slumber for a great long time, so long that he either missed the purging of the KI from this world, or forgot it. So the many great insights that he granted the smith-master were of long-outdated information. Still, it served the smith-master as inspiration, to produce his great work. Great, arcane clockworks of steel and iron could serve as bone and stone as the flesh for his great constructs. Now the only problem was the missing component, KI. After consulting with the Universities, he realized then that KI is long gone from this world, so long that it's purging predates the University itself. Not all was lost though, after describing what he wants to do, he was told that together, modern Arcane and Spirit magics could perfectly fill in the gap left by the absence of KI in this regard. It just means that making such constructs now additionally relies on the cooperation of individuals of a variety of professions.

However, these constructs remain little more than plans and prototypes for the time being. Multiple plans have been drawn up, from very small, hand-sized autonomous magical constructs to those rivaling a dragon in size.
But for building such things, their greatest enemy would be physics, as making, assembling and holding together the parts for an autonomous magical construct of any significant size is feat in and of itself, so most constructs, if any are ever built, are expected to be roughly human sized, even if not human shaped. How intelligent such constructs are, largely depends on the mage who infuses them with Spirit. However, all of the prototypes so far have been rather clunky.

Map and Legend

NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 18, 2020, 06:18:31 pm »

Year 361
Heya! :)) I think you've actually posted here before, right? before i was the GM?
Yeah, I was Dorath and most of the Dorathian kingdom. Though I'm kinda confused about Ki, since I thought it was established that it wasn't actually gone due to it being, well, life energy. Just that Dorath and the other gods neutered it.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: August 18, 2020, 07:03:52 pm »

Year 361
Yeah, I was Dorath and most of the Dorathian kingdom. Though I'm kinda confused about Ki, since I thought it was established that it wasn't actually gone due to it being, well, life energy. Just that Dorath and the other gods neutered it.
((Sort of... It's a multi-faceted thing. In its original incarnation in this world it was obviously taken straight out of DBZ, players didn't want that.
I think in Japanese folklore and thus, modern media, Ki is a sort of "life energy", yes, with various depictions of it, DBZ included. I think anyway, feel free to correct me.
In the case of this world right now Spirit energy is basically it's replacement, and in the eyes of the world, trading a lot of Ki's power for versatility. The power is in Arcane. Its raw, powerful, but limited in it's uses because of its rigid adherence to its "Laws of the Arcane".
At the same time, the magical elements as they are, are just the University's view of magic. I like to think that when the KI purge occurred, KI was split into the magical elements the world has today.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 19, 2020, 08:07:00 am »

Year 361.2: A group of researchers from the university decide to embark on an expedition into The Silent Lands to attempt to find out that caused them to appear in the first place, they prepared carefully for the trip bringing several days worth of supplies so they could go as far in as possible, but they were also cautious as just because no one has seen any creatures in the Silent Lands didn't mean there wasn't anything there so they also brought along several combat mages just in case, then once all the preparations were finished they set off. Roll to see what they find.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 19, 2020, 04:23:55 pm »

Year 361.3

Orsal Yond was a renowned professor of the Great Scar University, best known for his lectures on crystalogy and his works in the domain, mostly on the formation of magic crystals. With his support, important breakthroughs were made in his field of research in the last years, notably concerning the production of crystals from the four natural elements (Earth, Water, Air and Fire). However, the scope of that production was very limited, only allowing the creation of small clusters calling for tremendous amounts of magical energy, most of it being lost in the process.

One important exception to the rule was the creation of THE BARREL, that leaded to the destruction of Eightstone partly through the use of earth crystals. He knew this invention caused the apparition of a continually renewed earth crystal cluster and he agreed with the most widespread idea that this was due to the impregnation of the power of Eighstone in the sands on the site of its death (but it was still undiscovered that it was due in fact to the presence of the Cube of Eightstone...). He also knew that the same giant cluster was exploited by the Sandpond dwarves, who sold the crystals through the world for mining purposes.

But this was not the subject of his actual studies. What truly interested him was the hypothetical creation of crystals from the primary elements (Arcane, Chaos and Spirit). Such feat was proved impossible to make for the moment, except for the Chaos crystals originating from the deadly breath of Chaos Dragons. For their part, light crystals were the only ones known from the two rare elements (Light and Darkness) and appeared exclusively on the dead brought under the light of the Golden Kingdom. Although Pr. Yond tried on many occasions to generate light or chaos crystals by himself, he never managed to do so, but he thought he finally had found a lead for the production of spirit crystals. To this end, he was well aware that the classical methods of crystal formation would prove futile, but he recently devised a potential way to create some of them.

The idea of his own was to use one of the commonest manifestations of spirit energy, dreams; and to extract them from their greatest lovers, dreamites. His first steps were therefore to collect some of them in the Avarian Empire, take them back in his laboratory, crush them unceremoniously with his pestle and mortar and lastly to extract their luminous fluids full of dreams. The final steps he needed to accomplish were nonetheless the most complicate, because he had to condense the spiritual energy contained in the dreams and convert it in a physical crystalline form. So he was now at the ultimate and most critical stage of his experiment: to use a liquid chemical (and magical) compound he invented that ought to absorb the spirit energy once mixed with the dreamites' juice. He would then only need to heat the resulting product in his copper alembic during a few months and at a constant temperature, waiting for the spirit crystals to appear.

Roll to see if the experiment is successful.

((I hope I've made less spelling mistakes!))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 04:26:07 pm by Yellow Pixel »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 23, 2020, 11:52:57 am »

The Slugman Duchies on the coast of the lake begin building ships and nets to allow them to fish

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 27, 2020, 09:35:19 am »

Historic Chronicles:
The First Century (1/2)

Spoiler: About the Chronicles (click to show/hide)

Slugmen:

Dragons:

The Heavenly War:

(The Chronicles continue in the next post.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 10:10:16 am by Yellow Pixel »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 76