Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hungry  (Read 1074 times)

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hungry
« on: April 26, 2020, 03:35:31 am »

Was it first that there was a drink shortage in the fortress occuring, it is now hunger what is worrying.
I wonder if a dorfs getting enough food when they are working deep under the ground ?

Are they exhausted by the heavy labour?, and did not a anaylyse yet what dorf is starving from hunger .
The dorfs can be starving from thirst and/or hunger.

Also follower dwarfs running in the whole fortress around (is there a way to let them stay at the top z level if there is mining underground)
Pets in a kennel ..
Find also dorfs wandering outside ( they seems to be dying there outside in the landscape and not coming back to the fortress anymore? )

Made also some guildhalls for miner, carpenter, mason but its crowded with dorfs there now. 

There is plenty of food ( easy meals (biscuits) , although monotonous, but edible ) 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 03:37:44 am by janamdo »

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hungry
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 04:37:10 am »

Hungry and thirsty  dorfs can be only outside .. how to get them back in the fortress ?
There are also the outdoor dorfs, so they will come back after a while in the fortress for food and drink

At he moment the fortress is closed ( the bridge must be constructed yet, but no architekt )., maybe triggers that also to stay outside the fortress ?

i made a meeting point outside, but that doesn't help i think, because there is no contact outside wich eachother and 20 dorfs will die 

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 05:40:45 am »

You have dwarfs starving outside and they are locked out? Have them gather plants.

Bridges need architects, but floors do not. You can build a floor across a river.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 06:05:38 am »

You have dwarfs starving outside and they are locked out? Have them gather plants.

Bridges need architects, but floors do not. You can build a floor across a river.
Thanks
Is there a quik way to see what dorfs are outside?
A floor is a idea, but then the fortress is open for invaders

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 06:34:22 am »

Not really. Also, you need to enable "plant gathering" labor on some of them. Those plants won't pick themselves.

My underground cage-trap corridor, which is dealing with invaders, also does provide back-entrance for left out Dwarves. Just an idea for you how to solve it. Unless you are dealing with trap-avoiding monsters, then your military is your best solution. Do stick 2 wooden shields on them all (manually assign individual items, or they will start picking, dropping and picking shields again and again), no matter if they got weapon or armor and send them out to deal with it. With time they will kick and punch the issue out of existence.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 06:42:22 am by Sarmatian123 »

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 10:20:52 am »

Thanks
A cage and shields for squad members, but for each arm shield then? 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 06:37:56 am by janamdo »

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 11:00:35 am »

[...]shields for squad members, but for each arm shield then?
Imagine this like this. One shield in one arm and second stays on back protecting from behind. :)

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2020, 11:14:29 am »

Its possible to give a punch with a shield (bash shield i thought)
I am capable now in the militairy screen to equip the squad members and setup a small 3 man squad each with two shields ( wood and a metal one ) and station them in front of the back -entrance

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2020, 12:21:20 pm »

Do tell how their combat goes for them! :)
If you have some copper bars on hands , you could make 3 copper hammers. They won't swing like silver ones, but they will hurt targets behind iron/steel armor.
Also a tactical hint here: Position the squad under a roof, preferably in a corridor, so enemy will not be able to fly over them, outrun them or dodge them. This works like miracle on Keas for example.

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 03:13:14 pm »

Thanks
Meanwhile the shield squad stationed outside their existence has ended unfortunaly.
The drinkproblem has taken his toll, so a new squad must be outfitted   

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2020, 03:55:00 am »

Do you have seeds for plump helmets?
Do you have 3x5 under ground plot?
Do you have a still?

Alternatively:
Can you gather plants from surface? Use then d-p and select large area with growth on surface.
Enable on Dwarves skill for gathering plants. v and select a Dwarf, then p-l, then select Farming/Related, then enable Plant Gathering.
Get stuff collected and brew some alcohols from fruits and plants.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 03:57:51 am by Sarmatian123 »