Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Forbidden Magics  (Read 3277 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forbidden Magics
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2020, 02:45:03 pm »

ZOOM

Sword training! We need to get strong so that we can ██████████████
+1 After sword training, let’s try learning more about the mask we have specifically, does it have magic in it?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2020, 05:57:58 pm »

Yes yes it does. Already has spell abilities. All forbidden magic items have magic in it to use and can learn more by use. Just item dictates that spell types use.

The other items just rolling type and item shape.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 06:11:08 pm »

Yes yes it does. Already has spell abilities. All forbidden magic items have magic in it to use and can learn more by use. Just item dictates that spell types use.

The other items just rolling type and item shape.
Spoiler: eeexcellent (click to show/hide)
My vote: Carefully fiddle around with the mask to determine what type of magic it has and how to use it. Make sure to not damage it or any spirits inside (if applicable)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2020, 07:12:30 am »

ZOOM

Sword training! We need to get strong so that we can ██████████████
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2020, 06:55:25 am »

After the experience with a speed boost you go back to the ranch to find Roy and locals. You decide to bother him about sword training.

Roy: Sure thing!

: He hands out a wooden sword, he gets one and you guys work on your form and such. After about a hour or 4 action points which should be 7/16 or so you guys worked up a sweat. But gotten better with melee combat, with a weapon! After that he goes to get a drink. You see no one around, get mask on.

When Roy comes back, he cannot see you.

Alyssa?! Where did you go? : He scratches his head and looks, while your head is filled with visions and voices. After a bit of travel in invisible world, end up at Mason ranch. The mask, slowly transforms and takes over.

Now a hulking 6 armed frog monster with razor teeth and a tail. You eat a cow and slash a guarding rancher to ribbons. Despite being in monster form, able to zoom and it locks into your cleric spells. Becoming a massive blur that spider man climbed home while shrinking to your room.

4/16 action points.

It was so fast, news not spread yet.

* Know the invisibility spell and monster thingy.

Last thing for now is you hear talks, your dad and unknown men about goods, what sort of goods? He is a law man.  ( listen in more or focus invisibility spell?)

Hint: I rolled up 20 items with 4 new item types and source types. So 5 items max. So trying to show you for mix and match by taste.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2020, 07:25:39 am »

Put on the mask, listen to what the voices are saying

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2020, 08:36:05 am »

The mask sounds like it might be a bad thing sense we just killed a dude for no reason, but then again we could use it to become a powerful villain.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2020, 08:45:11 am »

The mask sounds like it might be a bad thing sense we just killed a dude for no reason, but then again we could use it to become a powerful villain.

+1

Hint: The title is Forbidden Magic’s. So 9/10 if you collect the forbidden stuff and use it, your going to be a bad guy.

1/10 you just be a edgelord anti hero deal.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2020, 09:31:39 am »

Hint: The title is Forbidden Magic’s. So 9/10 if you collect the forbidden stuff and use it, your going to be a bad guy.

I was thinking that not all forbidden things were evil, but apparently we go a evil one.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2020, 09:37:21 am »

I was thinking that not all forbidden things were evil, but apparently we go a evil one.

There are 5 magic types that are not leaned as evil. But, they are not nice. ( Alchemy, Mechaonacy, Time, Leviathan, and Truth.)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2020, 09:32:45 pm »

:As you turn the mask on and go out to see who is talking, you see your father talking to two men.:

:The first is Fredick Misterborgi, Guild Master of the Merchants, a portly blonde man who wore nice clothes. The other a tall and thin man, in charge of the local church, Father Micahel Glibbin.:

Father: Four platinum!?  Surely you jest, these are relics of the great magic war.

Michael: We know you built your house and fed you children on illegal magic devices. Please, we need to keep these things safe from the public.

Fredick: I am willing to go higher, though it's because I know those who make it worth my while, collectors and would be cultists. Sure you can burn those heretics but not me, or the whole state from here to Luxor would be ablaze with my information.

Father: Right right. Look, the five items are in the basement tomorrow ok? Cna look through them then. :His keys on wrist link led to the basement, never was allowed there, now you know why.:

"Now excuse me, go home to your families, I will retire for the night.

:Scene ends, daddy apparently a black market dealer in magic items. Well, what now? Snatch those keys and see what he has? Already got the dirt that could light the world on fire, what now? Mask, is getting foggy but can still work it's charms.:

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2020, 09:39:04 pm »

Invisibly steal the keys and have us a look-see. Perhaps there will be something psionic, which we could steal to further our power down that path? We shouldn't just take everything at once, it would be too suspicious and might be... overwhelming. If we just take one or two things, he might think they just were lost or misplaced.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2020, 09:46:52 pm »

Invisibly steal the keys and have us a look-see. Perhaps there will be something psionic, which we could steal to further our power down that path? We shouldn't just take everything at once, it would be too suspicious and might be... overwhelming. If we just take one or two things, he might think they just were lost or misplaced.
Let’s see what’s there before figuring out which one(s) to take

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2020, 10:04:18 pm »

Note: Due to rarity of this stuff. Each thing is a different type. And true honest to God unique, this is not Pokemon, not collecting everything.

-

Got the idea to follow your father to the keys, in your parents quarters, upon getting them they too become invisible with the illusion. As you head off to the basement it took some time to fiddle with the keys, in doing so went into the basement to find a massive chest.

In opening that you find the goods.

A pen, a simple pen of gold, ivory, silver and strange machine looking symbols.

A long sword that is purple with a vortex symbol in the hilt.

A Massive book with ourboros symbol, sun symbol and healing staff.

Lastly a big time chain length weapon with a serpent theme.

Considering you have 3 action points left can nab two, retrace and I do your stuff and catch sleep for tomorrow. Which do you choose?

( Each a different school and each different effect in general. All items can unlock all its type, just need effort, like mask can unlock other Psionic types of spells, just work them out. And hope dice is good. Could also use a scan effect to see what is what. That is a free action.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2020, 10:10:30 pm »

Try to scan them with the mask, if that's possible and won't take up an action point we need to get back.

If no, get the pen and book.
Pages: 1 [2] 3