Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dark Resurrection: Of Monsters and Gnolls (SG)  (Read 3963 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Resurrection (SG)
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2020, 06:21:12 pm »

My picks

To keep my theme

A Monster: Game Dracula was such a monster he was CV version of Satan, hell Cthulhu worked for him.

In game

Amon ( Hebrew for Destroyer, so not based on that butch ass thing from Starcraft.)

Form: Read the above.

Coven: Magic, magic makes anything possible.

Wayward Spawn: Hijack one of our descendants, yay.

Fallen Hero: Love the idea of a hero now going into a completely vat shit crazy killing machine, with no reasoning.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 07:29:33 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2020, 07:23:29 pm »

My Old Body
I was a Chieftain of a Cavern tribe.
Name: Klevra
Sex:Female
Species: Gnoll

Our Cult
Cult of Progeny

My Current Host
A Naive Magus

Our Enemy
Ancient Evil

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2020, 08:44:48 pm »

My Old Body: A Master of a Noble House.
Kolm Darkstone, Male Dwarf

Aye, our most fearsome King, Ruiner of Arnack, Lord of Iron Sorceries. He was a good king. Well, he was obviously Evil, of course, but gold flowed into our capital like never before. Every Dwarf was nearly a lord back then! Darkstone, they called him, because he ripped his own heart out and put a chunk of obsidian in its place. Yeah he was a nasty fucker, alright. They said he threw a feast every night, and every night he would challenge an unfortunate son of a bitch to a game of skill. Their choice as to what. If they won, they would live the night and if the skill was useful they might get a position in his retinue. If they lost he would rip their souls out for his dark purposes. Even if they won that night, King Kolm was a jealous one, and they would invariably find themselves dead once they outlived their usefulness.

Aye, he was a bad one, but he was ours, and the Dark feared him. He was not a fat fuck lounging on a golden throne like you see nowadays. He was a proper Warrior King. The Darkstone Order was founded in his time, fighters like you’ve never seen. Others may see them as just fancy mercenaries, but don’t you forget where they came from.

The Darkstone Clan? Bah, they plot and scheme, but they never lived up to their founder. A few bright sparks, but they sit in their towers and peddle goods like most of the High Clans. You got to look at the Kingdom of Frostbard. King Kolm razed their capital and stole away all the High Kings daughters, but one escaped and eventually one of her kids led a band of hero’s and killed Darkstone. I swear on my axe that that kid was Darkstone’s own flesh and blood, and his descendants have had the High Kingship ever since.

Kolm Darkstone come back? Nah, he’s dead and gone. Legends are just that, laddie. Now hurry home to your Ma.

Our Cult: Warrior Priesthood

Current Host: Wayward Spawn

Our Enemy: A Dark Descendant
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2020, 03:18:33 am »

I was the master of a noble House.

Name: Alcetas
Sex: N/A
Species: Crystal

A Warrior Priesthood,

An Ancient Immortal,

A Fallen Hero.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 03:41:38 pm by ZBridges »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2020, 03:50:19 am »

My Old Body

Our Cult
Cult of Progeny

My Current Host
A Naive Magus

Our Enemy
Ancient Evil
+1
Safe for Gnoll - which is fine by me - exactly what I had in mind after reading our choices.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2020, 11:29:47 am »

After a moment's thought, any particular preferences as to the sex of the host? Shall it simply match that of the dark one?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2020, 12:08:16 pm »

After a moment's thought, any particular preferences as to the sex of the host? Shall it simply match that of the dark one?
Yes

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2020, 01:23:14 pm »

My Old Body

Our Cult
Cult of Progeny

My Current Host
A Naive Magus

Our Enemy
Ancient Evil
+1
Safe for Gnoll - which is fine by me - exactly what I had in mind after reading our choices.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2020, 01:45:51 pm »

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2020, 12:00:40 am »

I'm locking it in Klevra the Gnoll now just because it might take me a day or two to put out a good update, but i was impressed enough with Kolm Darkstone that i think he could potentially come in as a character, either a former lieutenant or a rival to our Dark Protagonist.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2020, 03:32:07 pm »

Your memory may take some time to return fully, but some things you remember clearly.

Once, you were merely one cub in a litter of many, born to a tribal matriarch by an insignificant father. Even as a cub, you were unsatisfied with mere survival however. You felt that primal need to dominate, to be the sole master of everything within your grasp. Most of your siblings did not last long, instead killed and eaten by yourself and a single sister. Eventually, she too was beaten, in a duel to determine who would be groomed to lead the tribe. It was of course, you.

As you came into the full strength of adulthood however, you grew resentful of your own mother, so savage and powerful. Her death, achieved through cunning rather than fair battle, ensured that you were not only the greatest and strongest of your tribe, but also its undisputed leader. From then you took to war, building a reputation by killing the matriarch's of all the other tribes and taking their sons as captive mates. Only the most subservient of tribal leaders were left alive, for any too strong were a threat not only to your growing rule of the tribes, but also to your feelings of superiority.

While your dominance became more complete, your might as a savage fighter more famed, so too did your legend grow in other ways. You took more mates than you can rightly count, enough that you could grow quite discerning in your own tastes. Gnoll's admire the hideous, and you had the pick of the most monstrous of your own people. Your litters made you proud with their own ugliness, their occassional deformity, and a savage strength clearly inherited from their mother. You began, however, to consider the possibilities of yet more horrifying young. More monstrous. The next step was dark magic and deals with the Cavern Gods.   

For now however, your thoughts must return to the present. Further contemplation of your life before must be secondary to other pursuits.
Your incorporeal consciousness returns to the current circumstances, surveying a decrepit fortress in a pocket of the vast caverns beneath. It is a monolithic pyramid, dedicated to your glory and encircled with a low defensive wall, but the wall has been breached, scattered stone and bodies gathered at the point of that breach, the results of a frenzied defense. The bodies are robed, mostly Gnolls, but also a healthy mix of the other subterranean races, goblins, dwarves, dark elves, and troglodytes among them, some being hideously malformed by mutation or self mutilation.
The trail of corpses continues in lower concentrations, continuing further towards and then up your own once-mighty obelisk. At the very end of the trail of damage, is a hulking corpse. When alive, it had been a shapeless mass of flailing mismatched limbs, teeth and eyes. Now, it is a pile of meat, swiftly dissolving into a black ichor which has already begun to dissolve the corpses of those cultists closeby, as well as whoever among those still living happened to get any blood from the creature upon their person. You ignore the screams of agony, not particularly concerned. Instead you bring your attention to your reluctant ally.

She is revoltingly beautiful, a contrast to the ugliness you held so dear to your heart during your living life. A surface world being belonging to a people calling themselves "humans". You are sure you have dealt with humans before, but do not quite recall the specific traits of that race. Not yet, at least. Regardless, this one is difficult to look at. Features, perfectly symmetrical, delicate, and colored with a sorrow drawn from surveying the devastation and wasted life below. Her frame too, is much the same. Delicate. Slight. Weak.
And yet, without her you never could have beaten this foe. It was a terrible creature, capable of drowning out either your darkness or her light. This is a thing born from neither, an enemy to both the shadow races, and those above. In fact, similar creatures have been invading both realms, and it is just such a reason that this frail thing took to journey underneath, with a party of champions that have now each been claimed by the underworld.

You consider. Awakening you was a desperate action from your priesthood, who were desperate to defend the temple. It took the sacrifice of the lives and souls of many of your adherents to accomplish this. It was a stupid action, given your explicit instructions in the sacred texts you left for them, you needed a few more centuries to recover. Still, this "human" proved the temporary remedy to your problem. With her consent, you tethered your consciousness to her body, the power within her proving sufficient protection to prevent her from being consumed utterly by the act of cohabitation. Other hosts would not be so resilient, could only ever be temporary.

She senses you looking upon her, and gazes upon you in turn. An inner eye, rather than a physical one, but you still choose to simplify communication by appearing before her as an apparition, visible only to those with sight beyond sight. For now, you choose the representation of yourself you currently remember best, a mighty gnoll matriarch, decorated with the bones of your enemies. "We should follow the trail it left to get here." She points beyond the defensive wall, indicating the path it may have left in its wake. You were a skilled tracker in life, and could potentially draw upon those skills in order to discover clues as to the origin of this monstrosity. It surprises you that she has already ascertained this much, is it possible that as you looked upon your own history, she saw her own glimpses of it?

But you see fragments of the thoughts within her own mind too. A revolting kindness, which you could manipulate. Your daughter, the High Priestess of this temple, died in the fighting, and will leave a power vacuum for the leadership. If you leave, it is very likely that by the time you return a new leader will have established their dominance, killing their rivals and establishing themselves. This is not inherently a bad thing, but if you hope to exert some control in who becomes the new leader of your minions, you will need to stay, take the measure of things, and uplift whoever you favor. To convince this Magus all you really have to do is appeal to the sickening sympathy in her heart, leveraging the death of your kin to extract a concession. However, the trail may very well grow cold while you take stock and establish control at your temple.
Decisions. A first of many.

GM NOTE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2020, 04:24:36 pm »

Get our House in Order, then Go.

We aren’t hero’s to rush off into the unknown. But there isn’t a need to dawdle either. Demand tribute from the survivors, whoever gives the most/best receives our blessing to be High Priestess.

We then investigate.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2020, 04:39:44 pm »

We aren’t hero’s to rush off into the unknown. But there isn’t a need to dawdle either. Demand tribute from the survivors, whoever gives the most/best receives our blessing to be High Priestess.

We then investigate.
+1

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2020, 06:55:23 pm »

We then investigate.
+1
+1

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2020, 10:50:05 pm »

We then investigate.
+1
+1
Simple, straight to the point. I like this plan. +1.
Also, name suggestion for our companion; she sounds somewhat angelic with her 'perfection', so maybe a name tied to divine beings? How about Seraph?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4