Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Precinct 4 (Superhero Management SG)  (Read 9587 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Precinct 4 (Superhero Management SG)
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2020, 05:27:03 pm »

Patrol duty on a route that hits the nearest 3 of the "butterfly" thefts.
SK: "Gloria" (Telekinetic)
AJ: "Jack"

Investigate "mysterious fainting" at amusement park and gather info on victims.
AJ: "King"
AJ: "Ace"

Continue Team Cohesion training at based while it's calm.
H: "Morgan" (Super-intelligent gadgeteer/engineer)
SK: "Abyss" (Controls Darkness)
AJ: "Queen"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2020, 05:37:44 pm »

Patrol duty on a route that hits the nearest 3 of the "butterfly" thefts.
SK: "Gloria" (Telekinetic)

Investigate "mysterious fainting" at amusement park and gather info on victims.

Continue Team Cohesion training at based while it's calm.
H: "Morgan" (Super-intelligent gadgeteer/engineer)
SK: "Abyss" (Controls Darkness)
+1

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2020, 05:44:27 pm »

From what I gathered, everyone can work do the Cohesion Training around their Deployment.

So I suggest an alteration to Sanctume's plan:

Investigate the Lab break-in

Investigate "mysterious fainting" at amusement park

Patrol the area, aiming to pass by the Butterfly theft sites
H: "Morgan"
SK: "Abyss"
SK: "Gloria"

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2020, 06:05:48 pm »

From what I gathered, everyone can work do the Cohesion Training around their Deployment.

It makes sense, and it's referred to as (Team Cohesion) in the spoiler section of the post. 
I agree with this as the AJ do not yet have defined stats.  The result of their investigations will gives some more info. 
I also wanted to have the AJs rotate working with H and SKs. 

How about this?

Morgan's intelligence can get more insight on the possibilities from a biological laboratory.

"Ace" sounds like a good detective name.

It was mentioned Gloria is a newbie, so I wanted her on Patrol to get some TK practice while out and about. 

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2020, 06:39:38 pm »

Morgan should definitely investigate the Lab-break in, I believe we have access to forensic and other kind of detective kind of technology, and with her super-intelligence as her power (as well as power armor to boot), she should be the most likely to gain clues of our perpetrator. Bio-weapons would be the most dangerous

As well, I imagined that both Gloria and Abyss are both “recruits” in term of their skill level. I like Sanctume new plan, as well so +1 to that. Will work on a speech in a meanwhile.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2020, 07:17:33 pm »

It makes sense, and it's referred to as (Team Cohesion) in the spoiler section of the post. 
I agree with this as the AJ do not yet have defined stats.  The result of their investigations will gives some more info. 
I also wanted to have the AJs rotate working with H and SKs. 

How about this?

Morgan's intelligence can get more insight on the possibilities from a biological laboratory.

It was mentioned Gloria is a newbie, so I wanted her on Patrol to get some TK practice while out and about.
+1
(Due to playing a few Mafia games, when I see SK, it makes me think Serial Killer, about a second later I realize it means Side Kick)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2020, 07:37:54 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2020, 07:54:54 am »

+1 to Sanctume's plan

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2020, 07:35:55 pm »

((Is anyone interested in the speech part, or should we get right to business?))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2020, 09:06:26 pm »

Introduction Speech:

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I for one, never thought I'd be here, and so did you, eh?  But it is, what it is folks.

That being said, I know my predecessor's court trial didn't exactly go as planned.  But hey, I didn't exactly know what a "cyan" colored wire was at the time.  Apparently when you're rated for superhero level invulnerability, no one thinks to ask if you're red-green colorblind.  In that regard, I'd really like to thank our partners in the Health Department for containing the resulting dirty bomb detonation.  I was inside that courthouse, and trust me, you don't want to know what those guys had to clean up in there.  Yeech.

So with both my predecessor and the District Attorney's untimely demise, I guess that whole corruption investigation thing is kinda moot now, right?  I personally think it was all abit of fake news myself, but I guess we'll never know now, will we?

Anyhow, the Mayor has decided that this Department could really use my superhero know-how at it's helm, so here we are.  I know, you're used to me leading from the front, but leading from the back is just as meritorious, okay?

We got some new folks we're putting out in the field.  Could you guys stand up for and sec, so everybody can see you?

...now I handpicked these guys, and I'm looking forward to great things from them.  I'd also like to thank Sarge McStone, for his hard work on turning out the best class of recruits this Department has ever seen.

Alright, enough lollygagging around,  I'll hand things over to the Captain for the morning briefing.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 11:20:54 pm by ConscriptFive »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2020, 05:24:31 am »

Introduction Speech:

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I for one, never thought I'd be here, and so did you, eh?  But it is, what it is folks.

That being said, I know my predecessor's court trial didn't exactly go as planned.  But hey, I didn't exactly know what a "cyan" colored wire was at the time.  Apparently when you're rated for superhero level invulnerability, no one thinks to ask if you're red-green colorblind.  In that regard, I'd really like to thank our partners in the Health Department for containing the resulting dirty bomb detonation.  I was inside that courthouse, and trust me, you don't want to know what those guys had to clean up in there.  Yeech.

So with both my predecessor and the District Attorney's untimely demise, I guess that whole corruption investigation thing is kinda moot now, right?  I personally think it was all abit of fake news myself, but I guess we'll never know now, will we?

Anyhow, the Mayor has decided that this Department could really use my superhero know-how at it's helm, so here we are.  I know, you're used to me leading from the front, but leading from the back is just as meritorious, okay?

We got some new folks we're putting out in the field.  Could you guys stand up for and sec, so everybody can see you?

...now I handpicked these guys, and I'm looking forward to great things from them.  I'd also like to thank Sarge McStone, for his hard work on turning out the best class of recruits this Department has ever seen.

Alright, enough lollygagging around,  I'll hand things over to the Captain for the morning briefing.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2020, 09:30:15 am »

Introduction Speech:

+1
+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2020, 10:24:12 am »

Introduction Speech:

+1
+1
+1 (who are we telling to stand up?)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2020, 10:41:51 pm »

Introduction Speech:

Those you have chosen stand before you and the support staff, saluting as you finish. Morgan's expression is hidden behind her helmet - but you are pretty sure she's hiding a grin. Her current armor is painted blue matching the standard issue uniform. It looks like she picked out a smaller model for the trip, and from the shine you tell it is one of her newer creations. Abyss's expression is hidden behind a hooded cloak. While he is capable of manipulating darkness he has yet to discover a way of generating it. His "uniform" works to give him a constant supply of material while keeping him mobile, letting him throw the shadow cast by his cloak if no other source is available. The remaining five wear a standard uniform with varying expressions. Our newbie Gracie has a look of confusion - apparently not aware of the incident. Ace and Queen have a look of silent approval, King is stone-faced, and Jack has a look of disappointment. Presumably he had hoped you would be back on the frontlines. They sound off and walk away as you dismiss them.

Whenever possible, body camera footage will be recorded and sent back to Headquarters (and thus, you). Information from the after-action report will be placed where relevant.

Dr. Krick Biological Research Facility
Our two-man team flashes their badges to get past a series of checkpoints, stopping twice for a quick cleaning. Focusing on their strengths, the team separates while keeping in radio contact. Morgan goes to the security room, pulling out a cord in her helmet and attaching it to the USB of the security computers. A second cable is placed into the database. This allows her to review the security footage and the potentially stolen files at the same time. Meanwhile, Jack performs the more physical investigation, looking for any physical clues left behind by the culprit. The building's status as a clean room means any abnormalities should be easy to locate.

Inside the helmet, our former sidekick reviews the footage on one side while pouring through data files in the other. Of the information shown in the database there is nothing obvious for a criminal to use. This was a medical research facility, not a bioweapon lab. Most of the data is about cures. Her report listed several motives, including industrial espionage, an attempt to sell black-market unregulated treatments, or in the worst case an attempt to insure whatever bioweapon the burglar is building is incurable. It is also possible they have a goal completely divorced from the diseases, such as a novel CRISPR technique utilized in forming cures or the artificial organ program. The security footage was clearly edited. Our culprit missed a handful of frames, capturing their shadow as they left the database room. There is no obvious way to recover the data.

On the second front, Jack found a single clue. A series of five faint scratch marks are visible on the outside of window panel on the same floor the break in was established. It is impossible to open the window, either from the inside or out, but this establishes that it is likely they have a non-standard hand. It is likely the culprit is a power user of some form, though this does not clear up what their ability is. In addition it was on the third floor, suggesting they entered and left through this location.

Our team gathers back together to interrogate the security guards on-scene during the break in. They explain that the video is what they had seen in real-time. Their system is closed with no off-site access, so it is likely a power user that is capable of somehow controlling data or electronics from a distance. Morgan would likely be visibly annoyed by this counter power if you could see under her helmet. Both guards attest to being on location removing the likelihood of a shapeshifter infiltrator, unless one of them betrayed the facility.

Using her super-genius brain, Morgan decides to scan the "fingerprints" and send them into our database just in case. She notes that if he wants to do anything with the stolen information, he'll have to buy materials or make contacts. Her report includes a list of recommended items to investigate, including patents, purchases, and potentially stolen goods. She suggests that we look into this as the next step of investigation.

Justice Hill Amusement Park

Abyss and Ace find themselves in the park interrogating the victims. This particular park has a superhero theme, with many of the employees being low-powered power users who dress up in flashy costumes to entertain the children as a sort of mascot. Abyss himself is constantly asked to perform tricks due to his rather stand-out outfit. He usually complies with a quick shadow-puppet show. In response to the fainting spells, each victim was given a free do-over day at the park's expense (helpfully keeping them all in a single location and encouraging those inflicted to report). Of the targets, each was over the age of 25 and under the age of 60. There was around 20 targets reported in total. They where attacked in three separate groups, all fainting at once as they waited for their children to finish a ride. Mixed in with each group where people who did not collapse, mostly those who where outside the target's age range in either direction. Ace comes to the conclusion that the culprit was deliberately avoiding targeting children and the elderly at the current time. In each case, the fainting spell lasted less than an hour. No objects had been reported lost or stolen. No further injuries have been reported. The three incidents themselves happened within the same hour. There where several costumed "Mascots" at each location, but the only one reported at all three was wearing a face mask and tophat in a magician's uniform. Further interrogation of the mascot suggests he was not working at the time, backed by witness testimony. His power is making breadbox-sized illusions making him an unlikely suspect in either case.

It appears that the culprit utilized an out-of-use mascot uniform to target a large number of adults with their power, with this use of power being their end goal. As they where not immediately pegged as an imposture, they are likely to be a male of average build and height. Their ability is medium-distance and can affect groups.

For further investigation, our team examined the costume used in the attack. A piece of blond hair not matching the mascot was discovered and recovered as DNA evidence. There was no match on the profile, but we now have him on record. One of the agents (they both refuse to say who) notes that a Comic Convention will be in town soon, the culprit would likely be able to use the same modus operandi on the same target profile in that location. Given that they are much more closely grouped together in a single building, he would likely be able to claim many more victims while remaining anonymous - assuming that is his purpose.

Patrol

The Patrol team issued three speeding tickets, took down two armed robbers that happen to be unlucky enough to draw knives when a police car pulled around the corner, and responded to three emergency calls. One was a car crash with no minor injuries, one a mundane break in with the target caught holding the bag, and one....odd carjacking. A top-class sportscar with high-end security was stolen from a parking garage. As in someone picked up and walked away with it. The masked culprit remains at large.

There have also been several new reports of the Butterfly Thief. In all cases, the report only came in well after the thief had already escaped. It seems they are getting more bold, while the amount stolen remain low the frequency of thefts has increased. They have now stolen a over $30,000 in total, from still with less than $1000 per location. The only common thread remains that the items where valuable enough to be resold without being overly valuable. There has been no reports of suspicious persons at any of the locations.

Spoiler: Current Heroes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Leads and Clues (click to show/hide)

"Getting used to being behind a desk yet, chief? It must be hard to read about these kind of things without being able to do anything yourself. Well things besides paperwork. Speaking of which, the next batch is in. We'll have to wait a bit longer to get more recruits, manpower doesn't grow on trees. It is time for Equipment and Training again. Things where pretty quite last week, I don't know if we should consider that good luck or bad luck. We can usually expect more things to go down as the noose gets tighter. Keep that in mind while choosing your new acquisition.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 10:47:38 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2020, 12:54:14 am »

Here’s some ideas to help assist our team with gadgets trained by Morgan to help assist our missions.

Super-Precint Drone: A remotely-controlled armored quadcopter, that can through a mobile app transformed into an autonomous sentry version of itself that follows fellow operatives and police members protecting their six while in this mode, utilizing its sensors in its 360-degree optical camera to sense our friend and foe. Armed with a over mounted heavy-duty rapid-fire stun gun and powerful sedative-dart mounted to provide nonlethal capturing of supers to represent that we prefer , especially of the more resilient supers. Morgan will be able to assist in the advanced material and self-confined AI creation for a drone, being able to help create a lightweight armored frame so that it can still suit to recon purposes while being tough enough to stop at least pistol calibers, while also the escort, tracking, and targeting systems to assist our team with the capture of criminals.

Footprint Tracker: A mobile tracking device able to both identify and trail a person’s footprints in real-time. Integrated into the device with advanced computer vision like the same technology like smart watches, Tracker detects invisible details relating to footfall, weight distribution of the surface it’s detected, left heat signatures, left dirt and other traces from footsteps to create a computer generated image to portray a outline of footsteps. Also combined into a mobile fingerprint forensic device that can accurately recall information of our previous caught recognized super’s fingerprints, while also imaging fingerprints found on the field, to make an assessment on the fly if they match. The equipment will also be supported by Morgan who can develop its advanced imaging and forensics technology to help us have a mobile and quick footprint and fingerprint scanner on the field.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9