Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Precinct 4 (Superhero Management SG)  (Read 9562 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Precinct 4 (Superhero Management SG)
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2020, 07:54:10 am »

I'm in favour of hiring Gloria, Abyss and 4 AJ. As for the sidekick, i think Iconoclast is the better one.
+1, Iconclast is original and her powers are more useful than Tether’s

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2020, 12:30:08 pm »

((To clarify, the Former Sidekick will be your starting “Hero” unit.

I think Ironclast is winning 3-2,will update later today barring vote changes.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2020, 01:14:56 pm »

I'll support Ironman Morgan too.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2020, 04:22:14 pm »

((Then it is a 3-3 tie!

Anyone want to break it?))

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2020, 04:58:52 pm »

I’ll switch my vote from the Iconoclast to Morgan

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2020, 05:50:19 pm »

Urist "Santo" McStone is a current Average Joe that is a potential candidate for the Super Soldier program. 
Above average intelligence and average stats all around. 
Proficient in squad automatic weapon (SAW). 
Background: From a mining town. 

//ooc: Morgan sounds good. I can see AJ who survive can get promoted to sidekick and super via powered suits.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2020, 06:02:31 pm »

((I'll call it here then!))

Abyss, Gloria, and 4 AJs? If we're getting four, the face cards will probably stick around. I'm sure you remember Jack, King, Queen, and Ace. They'll be glad their team isn't breaking up yet. I'll send this paperwork back to city hall and we'll have the team assembled by the time you finish picking out their gear. Morgan was messing with something in the break room last I checked. She said she was working on something vital to our operations, but I bet she's just trying to upgrade the coffee machine or something. You can call her up to say 'hi', or send her in to work on developing some gear if you don't plan on deploying her anytime soon.

While I handle that, here is the next batch of paperwork. Now that we know who we will be working with we've got to equip them. You can just put your name down next to the standard gear, you don't have to worry too much about that. We got enough cop cars, bulletproof vests, and guns for everyone to do their job. We got all the toys you'd find at a sub-X precinct from pepper spray to handcuffs. Our database and DNA labs are on-sight, and the prison system handles the lock-up of any supers we manage to catch....At least for now.

The only thing you have to worry about is this requisition form. Its time to decide what new Equipment and Training we'll be getting. Here is where you can request some more unusual equipment, or have the budget directed to developing our own gadgets. You can also request special training in the place of new gear. While this includes teaching Supers new tricks, it can also be a more generalized training regime that anyone can do. They should have plenty of time to train in addition to their normal duties during Deployment, so don't worry about trying to squeeze it in. With our current budget we can only pick one piece of new equipment or training regime. If you think it will lead to better results, you can assign some of your men to help develop equipment or train some of the others, but unless they're training a single student they will be unable to deploy during this time. Unlike training, it basically becomes their full time job until that job is done. As you might expect, having a special skill or ability relevant to the equipment or training can be a great help - like with Morgan.

Do any ideas come to mind?

Spoiler: Current Heroes (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2020, 06:32:59 pm »

We don't yet know what sort of issues we'll be facing, but some sort of Team Cohesion training would be a good bet. Knowing what your team mates are capable of, how they think and being able to trust them to cover your blindspots as you deal with a problem will always be useful.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2020, 10:54:23 pm »

We don't yet know what sort of issues we'll be facing, but some sort of Team Cohesion training would be a good bet. Knowing what your team mates are capable of, how they think and being able to trust them to cover your blindspots as you deal with a problem will always be useful.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2020, 03:17:55 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2020, 09:15:08 am »

+1
+1
+1

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2020, 11:15:31 am »

+1
+1
+1
+1. Power of friendship for the win!Or at least, you know, power of not hating your collegues.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2020, 03:56:44 pm »

'Team Cohesion' training? It looks like Sargent McStone will be coming in to knock the basics into our boys in blue. Everyone should be able to attend such a general subject easily. Speaking of everyone, the team arrived right on time. They're downstairs waiting for their orders. I know how you heroic types like speeches, if you want to give a speech to the whole group now would be the perfect opportunity.

((Optional: You may suggest a speech to introduce yourself as the new chief. This speech may include information on your backstory, and the "incident" that put you behind the desk.))

Don't start writing yet. You still have to get the Deployments figured out before seeing everyone. Just like it sounds, Deployment is where we give everyone their orders. Our last chief broke deployments up into four different types: Patrol, Investigation, Raid, and Disaster.

Patrol is the most basic type of deployment. Heroes on patrol hit the street taking out purse snatchers and responding to emergency calls. Units on patrol can assist other deployments as reinforcements during emergencies, but it will usually take them a significant amount of time to reach the area. Its main goals are to keep the street clean, generate Leads for Investigations, act as reinforcements, and respond to unforeseen Disasters. Everyday patrols are a safe deployment, but they can get more dangerous in the case of a Disaster or when reinforcing another deployment.

Investigations  are a second stage. As I am sure you know, most criminals don't like getting caught. So most criminals keep their criminal activities secret. To catch them we have to figure out who they are and what they're doing. Investigations are how we do that. Here we follow Leads discovered by patrols. You will advise on how and where they should act, they do their best detective work, and with luck we start to figure things out. Depending on how the Investigation goes, we are likely to get some more information - maybe even enough for a Raid. Investigations are relatively safe. It is not uncommon for Super Villains to send minions in an attempt to hinder the investigation, but they will almost always assign lesser minions to the task rather than risk blowing their cover entirely. Most leads remain more than one turn if not immediately investigated, but if you wait to long it could lead to Disaster. We currently have three Leads to work with:

-A series of mysterious fainting spells have been reported in the amusement park targeting groups of adults. No fatalities have been reported, however the medic team is suggesting someone is stealing their "life force". This is likely caused by a Super for unknown reasons.
-A high-security biological laboratory was broken into by a figure appearing only briefly on the security cameras. It appears that their infiltration was successful - however none of the dangerous diseases contained in the area have been touched. If they got away with anything it is likely a copy of their research material.
-There have been a series of low-profile thefts including jewelry, weaponry, cash, and electronics totaling less than $1000 per location. In each case the stolen item was replaced with a calling card, a cheap business card with a hand-drawn butterfly on it. Their haul currently exceeds $10,000.

Raid: A Raid is the final stage. Once we know a culprit and their location, we get a warrant and kick down the door. There is some planning to do on your end, but we often end up having to attack their base and apprehending all of their assets and assistants at once. This tends to be the most dangerous deployment, even in the best of circumstances the Villains are likely to resist arrest violently. Like with Investigations, Raids can be put off for a later turn, but if you wait too long they are liable to find a new hiding spot or finish whatever their plan is.

Disaster: Disasters are events that put the public in danger. While this can include Earthquakes and other possibly-natural disasters, it usually means someone is making a bunch of noise downtown. Remember when I said 'most' criminals don't want to get caught? This is what happens when they stop caring. Disasters include events like a hostage situation, a Super Villain attack, a Monster being released, a bomb being planted, or anything else with the potential to lead to significant loss of life. We usually want to prevent these before they go off. Many of the Villain's plot will lead to Disasters if we don't take care of them fast enough - often their smaller crimes are just paving the way for a big one. On the bright side this is where we are most likely to work with Vigilantes, Supers who spring into action to protect the innocent. Units on Patrol will automatically respond to disasters that appear when we are unprepared, you will only be able to deploy directly to a Disaster if one is known and ongoing during deployment. As one may expect, this is the most dangerous to our units aside from raids - and it is by far the most dangerous to the general public. Fortunately there are no ongoing disasters...thanks to you.

Spoiler: Current Heroes (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2020, 04:04:36 pm »

lets investigate fainting, ask if there were specific people who were there and unaffected during each time where people fainted

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2020, 04:12:11 pm »

lets investigate fainting, ask if there were specific people who were there and unaffected during each time where people fainted

((You can deploy people seperatly instead of sending the whole group to one project.
At least that is the idea))

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9