Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vaguerace | Core | Batrep 2 Out  (Read 2008 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Vaguerace | Core | Batrep 2 Out
« on: February 19, 2020, 02:37:48 pm »

v a g u e r a c e
The game is what you expect the game is.

This is an AR.

There is a side you can play on.
There is another side. You might play on that one.

They interact about how you would expect.

The Cycle of Play
The game take place in a system of phases. There is a design phase. There is a combat phase. There are other phases. The other phases could be what you expect. The other phases could not exist. The other phases are not trivial from every perpective. The design phase happens first. The combat phase happens last. The loop is unbroken. The loop may become broken.

Rules
The rules cover all situations perfectly. The rules can be changed. The rules cannot be made clear. The rules are already perfectly clear.

Setting
There is a setting. The setting lets you know what kind of designs you can make. The setting is important.

The setting is like you think it. The setting cannot be changed. It is possible that the setting will change.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 07:53:20 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vaguerace | Core
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 02:41:01 pm »

I'll join the first side.
It is inspiring to be first.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 02:42:41 pm »

I'll join the second side. Clearly the best was left for last.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 02:45:33 pm »

I will join one of the sides, the one most expected
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 02:45:48 pm »

First side seems like a side to join, as with second side

I'll be joining shortly
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 02:50:00 pm »

Another side looks like a good option
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 03:33:21 pm »

Joining side one.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 05:26:37 pm »

Clearly, there is only one side to play on.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 08:05:44 pm »

this is a game with players

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 08:12:56 pm »

I will join the best side. Specifically, The One That Was Mentioned First.
it's over

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2020, 08:24:13 pm »

You fool. You absolute buffoon.

...in.

Avanti!

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2020, 08:42:59 pm »

I will join the side

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2020, 06:16:39 pm »

v a g u e r a c e: Batrep 1

The side mentioned first
The side mentioned first designed something. It enhanced their equipment. It made some of their equipment even more expensive. Most people were happier. Some of the coolest people were unhappier as they couldn't afford the coolest stuff.

The side mentioned first implemented a tax. This tax they didn't collect on their own people. Their people are too cool for taxes. They made groups of people to collect this tax from people that weren't their people. Because people are ultra uncool.

The side mentioned second
A design was also made by the side mentioned second. This design also improved many things. Some things were not improved. The testing did not work out for some people. They died horribly. Most things were improved by the new thing. It worked about as well as they expected. The most important people have double new thing.

There was a slave caste made by a new tax implemented by the side mentioned second. Most people are happy with this tax. It is very well written. The slave caste helps the poorest people very much. The slave caste is unable to use the new thing.

Overall
I am very stoked by your designs! They give me hope for the future. Both sides will get a design credit. This credit can be used for something. It will improve it as you would normally think.

Battle Phase

The side mentioned first chooses to Battle over Taxes and Uncoolness
They split their forces on two fronts.  This weakens all their forces as you would expect.

Their attack on taxes goes how you expect. Their taxes are very good. Their people are happy with their taxes. Their enemy is also happy with their taxes. They seem evenly matched until the side mentioned first has their tax collectors go collect taxes from the enemy. They mug a lot of people. The people they mug fight back. The tax collectors get hit a lot with sticks with tech stuck on the end. In poor areas the tax collectors are bombarded with fish. And fish wrapped in tech. And fish wrapped in tech put on a stick.

It is evenly matched. The tax collectors have advanced tech that helps them tax. The tax makes the taxed unhappy. The tax system of the side mentioned second helps those made poor by the taxes of the side mentioned first. The people being taxed defend themselves and make the tax collectors unhappy and hit with fish and sticks and tech. This makes the tax collectors very unhappy. It is a very close combat.

The coolness fight also happens. The advanced tech of the side mentioned first is very cool. The taxes gained by the tax collectors lets the side mentioned first have their coolest people bring out their coolest stuff. This helps a lot. The side mentioned second feels pretty uncool. Their slaves really don't feel cool. They like their sticks. But the sticks aren't cool enough. The double sticks sometimes are. The victor is clear.

The side mentioned first advances on the coolness front. They are definitely cooler than the side mentioned second.

The side mentioned second chooses to assault their home territory
They focus their forces. The modifies their strength as you expect.

They have a lot support in the region. There are no enemies in the area. They have to make some enemies up to fight. They find some people. Some of those people look like the enemy. Some of them talk like the enemy. Some of them fraternized with the enemy. Some of them bought things off E-Bay from retailers located in enemy territory.

They perform an ideological cleansing on the people they found in their home city.

It goes super well! Great job!

The people who weren't killed are super patriotic now!

The side mentioned second has performed a pogrom. Their ideological purity resource and unity resource have increased like you expect!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 07:55:05 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Vaguerace | Core | Batrep 1 Out
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2020, 06:53:24 pm »

wait I want to see the proposal that the second team accepted where they assaulted their own territory, and what the fuck lead to those drunkards on the second team voting for genociding their own uncool people
it's over

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vaguerace | Core | Batrep 1 Out
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2020, 07:21:28 pm »

They are uncool, obviously.
Pages: [1] 2