Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Swordlovely Project  (Read 466 times)

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Swordlovely Project
« on: February 21, 2008, 10:50:00 pm »

First off, go here: Swordlovely

Look around.  Take it in.  There's a lot there.  Iron, gold, galena, gemstones, tetrahedrite, tons of trees...Alas, no flux that I can recall.

Still to be uncovered: 1 magma vent, and 1 adamantine deposit (these can wait until later though, and I forget where they're located exactly).

What I'm looking for:  Ideas of how to fill in that large seven story structure I'm in the midst of carving out.  There's sand in the area, so my current plan involves replacing the walls of that entire bit sticking off the main L with windows (clear glass, if I can manage it).

Beyond that?  It's a lot of space to fill and going with my usual straight corridors filled with side rooms seems...a bit underwhelming for this kind of project.

As an added bonus, I'll narrate the project's design and implementation!

[ February 21, 2008: Message edited by: RedWick ]

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Swordlovely Project
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 11:01:00 pm »

4th Limestone:  That bloody wannabe noble, Udil, worked Likot and Goden all summer long, preparing this cliffside for the plans sent to us from on high from the mountain home.  We've all been forced to live in an arse pit of a burrow.  In the dirt.  In the middle of a feckin' swamp filled with these damn little biting insects.

Oh, and there's a pit to the north filled with whatever the deeps had deemed worth to vomit up to the surface.

Now we're just awaiting word from the mountain home as to what we should be doing next.  The representative is supposed to arrive with the fall caravan.  Better bloody well get here soon.

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 02:00:00 am »

How about an office block with cubicles for the less worthy.

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 08:53:00 pm »

Hehe...an entire fortress filled with dwarven offices.  What an odd idea.

"Ach!  We must defend the records from the goblin accountants!!"