Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47

Author Topic: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14  (Read 40428 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14
« Reply #630 on: July 24, 2020, 01:11:55 am »

You decide to check out the Watch stations most local to yourself.. the station that covers the neighborhood you live in, inside part of the local docks.

You end up being able to apply, but are rejected.  It seems the station isn't hiring right now.  So you go around to a few other nearby stations, only to recieve variations on the same message.  You do find out that a watchman makes about 2 or 3 silver a week, depending on skills, and it would increase with rank.

Still, it does bring you another idea.  You know there are many places in the local area that really aren't under the control of the Watch.  Maybe you should check out the local Tongs instead?  Maybe someone could use another strong arm.

Or perhaps you should try at Watch Headquarters, in the merchant district.

Three actions remain.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 01:23:01 am by Devastator »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 24, 2020, 01:14:57 am »

2 or 3 gold would be 80 to 120 silver.  Is that right?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 24, 2020, 01:23:39 am »

It would, but that was a typo.  80-120 silver is about the weekly income of a rich merchant.  Li Yue, who you saved from the assassin Shun Ziji, had an income of around 60-80 silver/week.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 02:00:05 am by Devastator »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 24, 2020, 01:27:08 am »

Maybe try appealing to Li Yue, mentioning that we saved her from Shun Ziji, and ask for aid in finding a job or starting an enterprise.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 02:10:54 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 24, 2020, 03:08:17 am »

Maybe try appealing to Li Yue, mentioning that we saved her from Shun Ziji, and ask for aid in finding a job or starting an enterprise.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 24, 2020, 10:20:26 am »

+1
what about asking to work with her again?
If she’s still alive

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 25, 2020, 02:04:48 am »

I don't think she'd be okay with us quitting the job just to turn around a few weeks later and asking for it back.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 25, 2020, 04:04:39 am »

Yeah, she was pretty upset.  Hopefully she's still willing to give us the time of day.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 25, 2020, 05:07:40 pm »

Time of day it is, in fact.

You end up approaching Li Yue, and she's suprisingly willing to see you.  As you are scooted in, she's quite happy to see you again, almost unnervingly so, and launches into a lengthy tirade.

It's quickly revealed that the identity of her attacker is now known, as a fellow rival is engaging in legal harassment following the failure of his assassin, causing a sizeable amount of trouble.  She is then happy to show off how she did not, in fact, end up needing you to protect herself, and is extremely confident in her ability to prevail in the legal arena, not for the least because she has the body, and signet ring, of the dead assassin, which will surely throw any ruling in her favor.

At first you think that she wanted an opportunity to do the proverbial 'flexing' on someone who had displeased her, while celebrating her victory, but after a few moments and some odd phrases, you eventually figure out something else is going on.

She's wondering if you're willing to kill her enemy for her.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 25, 2020, 05:14:35 pm »

Of course! Killin' people's good money, you know.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 25, 2020, 05:16:16 pm »

Is it good money?  Ask obliquely.  Also ask about the ring, but don't mention the one we have.

I thought we had the assassin's signet ring.  Did he have multiple on his person?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 07:22:47 pm by ZBridges »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 25, 2020, 05:19:40 pm »

You're pretty sure you do, actually.

You can't say for certain that Zhao Zhiji only had one on him, but it'd be weird for someone to have multiple.  The whole point of them is that there's only supposed to be one around.  For something that's to be used by others, or if you need more than one, a stamp or a seal is used.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 05:24:50 pm by Devastator »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 25, 2020, 05:25:57 pm »

Either she's mistaken or is attempting to manipulate us...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 25, 2020, 06:04:52 pm »

Is it good money?  Ask obliquely.  Also ask about the ring.

I thought we had the assassin's signet ring.  Did he have multiple on his person?
How does one obliquely ask this? I know what the word means, I’d like an example of how we might phrase the oblique question

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 25, 2020, 06:23:35 pm »

Maybe "I see.  That does sound like a problem that is in need of correction.  What's the going rate for such a service, in your opinion?"
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47