Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 47

Author Topic: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14  (Read 40518 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 9.5
« Reply #495 on: March 23, 2020, 05:13:19 pm »

As a planning action, what are our options for travelling to Mzulft?

That's the place we saw in our dream, the location of the evil.  We don't necessarily have to go there immediately, but it would be nice to have a plan in place for when we do want to go.
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 9.6
« Reply #496 on: March 23, 2020, 05:39:30 pm »

In order to cross the ocean, you will need to book passage on a ship.  Travel is somewhat risky and not extremely common, but far from rare.  It will take about eight to ten weeks to cross on a ship, and it will cost about forty silver.  Passage will almost certainly have to be on a foreign ship;  local merchants are generally incapable of crossing the ocean.  There is also the further handicap of not speaking any of the languages of the nations across the sea.

In general words, you'll need to choose a destination, find a ship, book passage, and then board it when it leaves.  After that, barring naval misadventures, you should arrive safely at the other shore.

Mzulft in particular is a bit further than the other nations.. so travel there might take an extra week and cost about five more silver for a total of 45.. although you also hear that they have the best ships, so maybe that would cut the time down.  As for where you could arrive in Mzulft, there seem to be two large port cities.. The city of Akrit on the mainland, and the large island city of Sansobar.  Thinking about your dream, that sort of location seems much more likely to be on the mainland than on an island, but from what you've heard Sansobar is an immensely rich city, with deep culture where you can find anyone and anything that exists in the world.

{Gained plan to travel to Mzulft by ship.}

With that, the week comes to an end.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 10
« Reply #497 on: March 23, 2020, 06:08:38 pm »

You have no dreams this week.

The good weather comes to an end this week, as a large storm blows into the city, rattling shutters and dumping a load of rain on the ground.  You'll only have five actions this week, due to not having wonderful warm evenings.

The city is mostly quiet this week with no real serious news occuring.  Maybe the rain has something to do with that?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 23, 2020, 06:09:37 pm »

Attend training.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 23, 2020, 06:51:35 pm »

Attend training.
(Whoops)

Training this week gets off to a better start than last week, with you finally getting the grips down and going through some motions.  For the first time you feel you are making solid progress on your training with the weapon.

And then it falls apart.  You eat it badly when you overextend and slip and fall on your face, and badly strain your ankle.  It'll be at least a week before you'll be fully capable again.  Curses.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 23, 2020, 06:52:42 pm »

(No worries)

Attend the appointment.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 23, 2020, 07:17:03 pm »

(No worries)

Attend the appointment.
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 23, 2020, 07:43:49 pm »

You return to the arcanist's building for your appointment.  You are made to wait like you were before, but only about a half-hour or so.  When you are finally admitted, you are lead to a second room off the main room that you saw before.

This one has a couple of thin copper plates mounted in the floor, and a chair with similar copper pegs placed into them.  The chair is itself engraved, but you don't have time to do a close examination of those engravings.  You are then asked to sit down, which you do, and then asked to close your eyes.

A minute or so later, you're asked to open them again, and you are handed a small dish of water and asked to drink a small amount of it.  You comply about that part too.  Lastly, she then asks you again to close your eyes and think about something calming while she goes to contact the spirits, hopefully to get your questions answered.  And not to worry if you hear any slightly odd sounds.  You watch her leave this room out another door to a third room before closing your eyes again and trying to relax.

[11+0 vs 10+8-4]
[12 vs 9]

A few moments later, you hear a loud rattle and a mild snapping sound.

[7+0 vs 2+8-4]
[3 vs 3]

[4+0 vs 5+8-4]
[10 vs 2]

This is followed up by a significantly louder banging sound a bit later, this one followed by the rattle of something falling on the floor and rolling.

A minute later, you hear the door open, and the arcanist asks you to open your eyes.  You can tell she's a little bit worried by what just happened, and apologizes at being only able to get your first question answered.. which was "How much time do I have to stop the evil?"

In response, she says, she recieved an image of a newborn baby.

You are then told, somewhat forcefully, that your spirits are.. unusually powerful, and that you need to warn anyone contacting or messing with them in any way that they are very powerful, so proper precautions can be taken.  She then writes down a specific phrase to use when describing them, something like "Twenty Medium Bricks Raw".  You are also told that she won't do any further work on them, because, as she puts it, it isn't worth her life to remove them when it'd probably take a half-dozen imperial exorcists to do the job properly.

Then you are shunted out of her office post-haste.

Two actions remain to you this week.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 02:42:19 am by Devastator »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 23, 2020, 07:48:08 pm »

Ask for a partial refund, as we weren't able to transmit the short message, which he said we could do, and only one question was answered out of a list of five.

It looks like we have plenty of time.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 23, 2020, 07:50:23 pm »

Ask for a partial refund, as we weren't able to transmit the short message, which he said we could do, and only one question was answered out of a list of five.

It looks like we have plenty of time.
+1
I am curious how bricks describe spirits?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 23, 2020, 08:05:16 pm »

"No.  No.  No way.  I wasn't able to answer your questions, but you didn't tell me that your spirits were strong enough to kill me!  Something must have happened to you so that you knew it was spirits, and it probably was something dramatic given how strong these spirits were.  And you didn't tell me."

"Plus you didn't give me a message to send, so I began with the questions."

"Look, just look at this."

She then opens the door to the third room, and you see a ring of pulverized porcelain stuck to the ceiling, with shreds of soft cloth bags on the floor with more porcelain shards stuck out of them.

"That could have been my head!"

I am curious how bricks describe spirits?

(This language has a character-based writing system.  "Bricks" is a single character, so it's likely the equivalent of, say, calling something class C in English.)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 23, 2020, 08:13:27 pm »

"I see.  I have not deceived you, but I am sorry for the damage.  Thank you for your help."

Engage in more magic self study.  Maybe look into augmenting or weakening the effects of runes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 23, 2020, 08:34:57 pm »

"I see.  I have not deceived you, but I am sorry for the damage.  Thank you for your help."

Engage in more magic self study.  Maybe look into augmenting or weakening the effects of runes.
+1 to the bolded action, but let;s say “I’m sorry, had I known how powerful they were,I would have told you ahead of time”

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 23, 2020, 08:43:50 pm »

+1 to the bolded action, but let;s say “I’m sorry, had I known how powerful they were,I would have told you ahead of time”
That dialogue is fine with me.  +1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 23, 2020, 08:48:27 pm »

To be fair, if your spirits had caused the arcanist's head to explode, you would have gotten a point of prestige.

;-p
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 47