00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252918 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #945 on: March 21, 2020, 01:39:04 am »

Eat breakfast a midnight snack.
+1 then go meet with William
It's 1 AM, but alright.  +1
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 02:09:33 am by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 21, 2020, 01:44:49 am »

Eat breakfast a midnight snack.
+1 then go meet with William
It's 1 AM, but alright.  +1
he didn’t mention a time, right? Early is on time, on time is late, or something like that

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 21, 2020, 01:58:04 am »

Haha fair enough.  Should we bring the suit to try it out?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 21, 2020, 02:02:29 am »

I'm an idiot, its at noon. ;-; I'm sorry.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 21, 2020, 02:04:07 am »

Lol no worries.  I think we should wait until noon, in that case, so I'm removing my previous vote.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 02:09:13 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 21, 2020, 07:49:35 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 21, 2020, 12:21:20 pm »

It suddenly occurs to me that Emma's... dangerous. Not threatening us or anything, but she's a proper Thornton despite appearances! I'm impressed... and a little disturbed.

Snack is good. Come morning, let's take a moment to re-schedule that tutelage with Brother Hop; we wouldn't want to snub him!
After that, try and requisition a decent las-pistol for our appointment-- it wouldn't do to be anywhere near William Thornton unarmed.

Oh, addendum: at some point or other, we need to make an appointment with Silas so we can cancel the implant experiments. No point in mauling more debt-slaves if our body's just gonna reject anything that's tried on it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 01:16:05 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 21, 2020, 01:25:11 pm »

[-] You gently lift yourself out of bed and head towards the compound cafeteria. No one is there, as it is lights out, but you do manage to find some leftovers in one of the fridges and help yourself. It's not your nutrient paste, but it fills you up enough that you can lie in bed and wait the next four hours for breakfast comfortably. You enjoy a real breakfast with Emma, then ask her to get you a las-gun for your meeting with William. She agrees.

Your teaching with Brother Hop is enlightening. It seems that SEED's Crusaders rely on morale and attrition based strategies for winning wars, to wear down their enemies with superior human resources. A lot of the officer classes have to do with this type of bloody arithmetic. You find it inefficient, and something about it seems wholly wrong. Despite your misgivings, you don't say anything.

Emma rescues you with a pair of guards and a las-pistol in a holster. You're lead to a hovercraft, and, note with some surprise, Silas joins you in the ship. You feel a little awkward, explaining to him that the Implant fell out when you healed. And he sighs, shaking his head. "I should have expected as much. Do you think you can re-grow a limb?" Emma shoots him a dark look, but he seems genuinely interested in the answer. "We could start with a pinky."

The trip in the hovercraft itself doesn't take that long, the golden gleam of the Inner City giving way to the silver of the Outer City, then the multitudes of grays and browns that make up the suburbs of the Holy City. The craft slows, coming to land near what you can only describe as a warehouse.

William sits within two of his squadmates standing beside him. He has something standing beside him, hidden beneath a heavy canvas blanket. It seems vaguely man-shaped, but very bulky, and very tall. Taller than any man could be. Beneath the coverage, you can feel the pulse of two fusion generators. Silas stands beside it, with a giddy smile.

William smiles, lifting his left hand in a wave. Emma gives a sharp gasp.
He's missing his pinky; a jagged-edged, poorly healed stump is the only thing that remains of it. "The price of failure for not destroying the Moore Family in its entirity." He explains, smiling at you. "Come, come, sit down. I've brought snacks. Oh, and Moore Thornton is giving Gem a hard time on the hovercraft, I'll let the two of you visit later."

He has indeed brought snacks, several small pastries, some dripping with honey, some even seem to be made with real sugar! There's tea in a thermos and a few sandwiches of [veal] cutlet.

"He's being taken care of for the time being by Jimmy Redletter and his wife--" William explains, sipping his tea and looking at the covered structure beside him, "They were so happy to be given a foundling to raise, especially a Thornton one. He's got a nice little life for the time being—two loving parents of modest means. Then training with the local Family. Bright future."

Emma doesn't look convinced, and doesn't respond like a sister should, instead, bluntly, "Why did you call us here, William?"

"You are changing. I'm hurt."

He finally gives a wave of his hand to the guard standing closest to the structure-- and they pull down the blanket.

It was a man, but it isn't one now. Or at least a traditional human. Their legs and arms substituted with great replacements made of metal and steel. He flexes his fingers on a massive las-gun with, you note with surprise, a fusion generator built-in. It could put out massive amounts of power for an extended period. On the man's back are an artificial spine of metal and a self-contained fusion generator. No doubt powering the replacement limbs. "Of course, we have a breast-plate made, so his chest wouldn't be unguarded like that, but they're still under production."

Silas smiles and takes a bow.

"I can provide four squads of these trained, [augmented] troops, directly under my command, for your command. Three months." William states, calmly.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 01:32:17 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 21, 2020, 01:56:20 pm »

"He is... magnificent, William. And monstrous." Smirk a little. "A reflection of your own soul, I'm sure."
"Who was this man, William? A debt-slave? A zealot, one of your trained soldiers?"

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 21, 2020, 02:04:17 pm »

"A Thornton. One of my soldiers. He actually broke his back, falling from a hover-craft."

"A leader doesn't ask what he cannot do. I'll be receiving the operation the day after tomorrow." William looks triumphant.

Emma, on the other hand, looks disgusted, "You won't end up like Father, will you?"

"Silas solved the rejection issue his predecessor could not." William states, and Silas gives the soldier a wide, beaming smile. The Soldier doesn't look happy, but rather a bit grim. He doesn't protest, however, or seem angry with his condition.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 02:07:41 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 21, 2020, 02:44:46 pm »

"Hm. And what would you ask in return for this service of yours?"

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 21, 2020, 02:53:40 pm »

"What are their capabilities and recommended roles on the battlefield?  How long will the energy powering the limbs last before it needs to be recharged?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 21, 2020, 03:00:04 pm »

"What are their capabilities and recommended roles on the battlefield?  How long will the energy powering the limbs last before it needs to be recharged?"
Say this

then say this.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 21, 2020, 03:07:02 pm »

Say this

then say this.
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 21, 2020, 04:23:26 pm »

"Field operations are limited to thirty-six hours before they need a hydrogen refuel and reactor flush. We're training technicians to do that, along with maintenance. Max operation time is seventy-two, before the reactor runs out of reserves and the operator is left helpless. It also screws the reactor up badly."

"Increased endurance, heavier armor than a normal soldier can carry which can seriously reduce the effects of a las-gun blast,  heavier weapons with larger batteries. We've got assault rifles with fusion generators. A normal soldier would get tired carrying one, but we could, with ease. They're slower, but perhaps if we used a modified hover-craft, they could be used for rapid insertion. Melee anti-[insect] capabilities. They're a match for the bugs, but as a heavy weapons platform, they're unparalleled. At least until we start outfitting other Families with them."

"We pulled their technology from a Baron of Steel, so we need a properly holy figure to advertise that we're wonderful servants of SEED still." William leans forward, looking at the soldier, who is standing awkwardly at attention, "I want to be at your side with Emma at your announcement. No hat. I also want two of my soldiers to stand with you. Maybe a few words about your new holy sidekicks wouldn't go amiss. Besides that, room, board, maintenance fees not labor, and food. They don't eat as much with less body-weight."

"A barracks would also be required, but me and Emma can deal with the logistics. I'll wait until after the war is over before accepting contracts to start providing them to other Families...and if the Scholars pay me more, we'll never have to."
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 381