00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 253090 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #765 on: March 17, 2020, 06:31:46 pm »

"Nothing for the moment, thank you.  I look forward to working with you to advance the Great Work."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 17, 2020, 06:34:10 pm »

"Nothing for the moment, thank you.  I look forward to working with you to advance the Great Work."

+1

Assuming it's still dark out, let's try and get some rest then settle back into our routine come morning. Keep practicing our earth-shifting, when we get the chance.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 17, 2020, 06:49:04 pm »

+1

Assuming it's still dark out, let's try and get some rest then settle back into our routine come morning. Keep practicing our earth-shifting, when we get the chance.

+1

Something else that may be useful, that perhaps we can spend our budget on, would be fixing up the suit and getting it in better shape.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 17, 2020, 07:23:34 pm »

[-]It is early morning, but the rest of your day has been cleared out in terms of schedule.

Train? And how so?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 17, 2020, 07:27:14 pm »

I would recommend asking Emma, if she's up, to look into fixing up the [angel] suit, using the budget if necessary.

As for training, practice hydrogen manipulation and consider the possible applications of this power.  Put some researchers on this task, if possible.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 07:38:28 pm by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 18, 2020, 02:26:42 am »

I would recommend asking Emma, if she's up, to look into fixing up the [angel] suit, using the budget if necessary.

As for training, practice hydrogen manipulation and consider the possible applications of this power.  Put some researchers on this task, if possible.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 18, 2020, 05:20:36 am »

[5][11] As you walk toward's the scientist's labs, and you consider how you can use hydrogen. From your brief education, you know you can light it on fire, when pure, and it produces water during this process of oxidization. The fusion generators use it...somehow. You weren't taught the specifics. Your pistol is powered by it-- but it works like a battery, storing the energy put into it as opposed to producing the energy itself, as anything else is too expensive in terms of net power output. The reactor within your pistol works as a converter. It stabilizes the energy and produces a laser, which is directed through the lens in a set of pulses.

You're going to have to come up with something, however.

[16] The scientists stare at you. They explain how the fusion reactors work but are confused otherwise. Apparently, by binding together certain 'isotopes' of hydrogen in a contained environment, they can produce energy, with a few byproducts, such as helium. This energy, in turn, heats elements within the reactor, which in turn, move micro-turbines, which generate electricity. Some older models of the reactor use water to turn turbines.

They, however, do tell you that they can quickly provide you with tanks and tanks of the stuff, should you need it for your experimentations, although they do warn you of...exploding it. As for how you can use it...they don't even know how your powers work, let alone how you could manipulate hydrogen to do what you need to do. The best guess they can provide is, "You can burn it, you can fuse it to release energy and radiation, and it's readily available."

They recommend a few chemistry and physics books but regret to inform you that only a few of them can understand how the fusion reactors work, as they were a gift from SEED. They have to follow maintenance procedures precisely as listed in the manual, and makeshift repairs to the machines are often decided against, and the devices are often just replaced outright.

[15]You speak to Emma, next, having caught her as she makes her way into her office in the morning. "...I can bring it down and store it in one of the empty training rooms, but the best I can do to help repair it is get the lower layer replaced with Kevlar-reinforced robes or a coat or something...I don't...know that much about armor repair. Sorry [angel]. I can start looking into pulling an armorsmith in for your team. One of the best. And some of those scientists might be able to study the metal."

She pulls a face, breathing a sigh, "I don't know how much they know about 'Void metal', though."

"The Thornton Scientist will be here tomorrow." She offers, "Maybe he can help? He had a couple of things he wanted to show you in terms of implants."

[-] Its mid-day, and after lunch when you step into the training room again. A young scientist scurries from the room as you approach, dipping a polite nod. He was studying the statue in the center of the track, and you aim to add another there today.

[2][7]You sit cross-legged on the tile floor, resting your hands on it and closing your eyes. You will it to change, to do something, anything, but nothing happens, except a brief headache that slowly fades. You heave a sigh, staring at the abstract creation you made last night.

[19][1]Your head throbs painfully, but you focus, reaching out with your willpower to trick the universe into doing what you want it to. You brute force the math, using only will, and the results are obvious. There is no graceful statue made, no flowing flowers-- a sharp spike of shiny, almost metallic grey stone shifts out of the floor, impaling into the air in front of you. Success, you roar internally, even as you collapse back onto the floor. Your face suddenly feels very moist, but your arms and legs aren't responding. Hunger burns your stomach despite the lunch you just ate.

One of the medical personnel has gently placed your head on a pillow and cleaned away the blood from your face. He sits beside you, and you realize that he has a few bowls of food for you. He checks to see if you have any more brain damage, making you follow the light, checking that you can feel all your fingers and toes--you notice, however, that when he pricks the tip of your pinky, that you don't feel it. You shake your head, rising with his assistance and devouring the nutrient paste he provides.

What now?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 05:26:06 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 18, 2020, 05:46:19 am »

I would say heal, but we already have a headache so maybe we should sleep for a bit to let us heal to the point where the headache is either gone or less painful

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 18, 2020, 05:54:10 am »

[-]Your headache fades by the next day, around the same time, and you once again emerge into the training chamber. A medic is on standby, watching you from behind a reinforced glass window. You check the clock, noting that you have three hours of training before your first meeting with the Thornton Scientist.

How would you like to train today?

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 06:03:28 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 18, 2020, 06:24:32 am »

Attempt to control our Oferload, concentrating it into a smaller area

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 18, 2020, 07:47:53 am »

Attempt to control our Oferload, concentrating it into a smaller area
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 18, 2020, 01:38:34 pm »

[715]You are provided a worn pistol with which to test your Overload. You walk towards the range and lift your gun at one of the targets, noting, with a grin, the massive steel wall behind it. You focus your willpower, reaching down into the magazine and pulling the hydrogen up, up, into the reactor. Then you quickly shift your attention.

[17] It works, you narrow what you can only describe as a shield of willpower around the beam, tightening it just around the tip of the barrel in the brief nano-second of time you have. The reactor discharges, and you smell smoke as the lens array burns. You expect to see a greater amount of light---

[2] But all you can see is the [5 inches] hole that is burned clearly through the target-- and the steel wall. You can see straight through it, to the outside. Luckily, this place must have been designed for such accidents, because you only see open sky. You hold the pistol until you sense all the energy has flowed out of it, and inspect it.

The coolant system is fried still, and the laser emitter is shattered beyond repair. Your security team is quick to go and check for injuries but find none. Surprisingly, you feel fine after that expenditure of energy. And the whole affair took no more than fifteen minutes out of your allotted time.

Two hours and forty-five minutes of training remaining.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 18, 2020, 01:44:34 pm »

Experiment with physical combat: can we channel our will into punches? Blades and clubs?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 18, 2020, 01:45:55 pm »

Experiment with physical combat: can we channel our will into punches? Blades and clubs?
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 18, 2020, 02:40:55 pm »

[-]You square up to the punching bag, breathing in and out slowly. You take a few swings at it, sending the bag swaying back and forth, until you feel comfortable enough to know your baseline. Then, you focus.

[9][2]And nothing happens, besides a splitting headache that disorientates you, and causes your swing to go wide. You heave a sigh, straightening up and focusing again.

[2][13] Still, no luck. You're missing something, as your headache doesn't worsen and your punch still connects.

[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 381