00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 253280 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet
« Reply #450 on: March 07, 2020, 02:26:43 am »

((In retrospect, I do agree that perhaps we should have been truthful about that.  Now we are entangled in lies.  However, the more people that know the truth, the greater the danger is to our existence.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 07, 2020, 02:30:56 am »

((We might be able to ask her something like “if we were a demon, would you still be my friend?” Not a suggestion yet, I would like to hear your thoughts. Had I been here in time I would have suggested to tell her the truth))

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 07, 2020, 02:33:57 am »

((The problem in my opinion with that is, combined with her previous suspicion, she would probably come to the conclusion that we are a demon if we asked that.  Maybe we could try to get that info from her in a more indirect way?))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 07, 2020, 02:36:57 am »

((The problem in my opinion with that is, combined with her previous suspicion, she would probably come to the conclusion that we are a demon if we asked that.  Maybe we could try to get that info from her in a more indirect way?))
((probably better. We need to think of an indirect way to glean the information. In real life I tend to be direct, so thinking of indirect ways of getting information is difficult, but I might have done so IRL at some point, not sure. If I have, I can apply a similar thought process))

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 07, 2020, 03:41:52 am »

Emma leads you to the first bar she notices, confidently striding in with you in tow. A few students are clustered around the bar, and there's a number of locals irregularly distributed across the remaining tables. A few glance at you, then at Emma, eyeing your hair, of all things. A few leave, at that, dipping respectful nods to the two of while hurrying away. McGee is the only student that greets the two of you, the others aren't your friends, and so only glance your way before resuming their conversation.

Emma takes one look at the students at the bar and instead claims a table nearby. Mcgee breaks away to greet you and exchange pleasantries, before returning to the other group with a small wink given your way. Emma flushes, but doesn't say anything, ordering a bottle of wine for herself. You, actually at ease despite the apparent nervousness of the locals, buy a bottle of cheap liquor to sip on.

"Rumor mills work fast, huh?" She offers, apologetically, a small smile gracing her lips. "Sorry about...all this. And for dragging you into Family business."

[5][2]"My best friend is safe, that's all that matters to me." You reply, giving her a smile. She returns it, and the two of you lapse into what you feel like is a comfortable silence, drinking your drinks. You start crowd-watching, having picked a seat perfect for watching the door and window. Locals come and go, talking, laughing, commiserating. The drinks flow from the bar, bottles, and cups being passed down and around. McGee gets in a fight with another boy, and before you can lift yourself up, he throws the other young man to the ground. The other student scurries off, and McGee celebrates with a chugged beer, laughing.

You note with pride that its a move you taught him during physical training. Shifting to one side, grabbing the enemy and letting their momentum be their own undoing.

"Do you like fighting?" Emma asks. "I never did. I always used to avoid conflict, when I was younger...but then no one really messes with my Family and lives, so maybe that was to save other people's health more than my own. I'm generous like that." She does her best haughty voice, brushing some hair over her shoulder in an exaggerated manner.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 07, 2020, 03:48:41 am »

((Ouch.  Shut down.))

"I see it as more of a necessary evil, something to be avoided whenever possible.  Violence is distasteful, but sometimes it's the only way to stay safe."
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 04:01:05 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 07, 2020, 05:28:38 am »

((Ouch.  Shut down.))

"I see it as more of a necessary evil, something to be avoided whenever possible.  Violence is distasteful, but sometimes it's the only way to stay safe."
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 07, 2020, 10:17:04 am »

[17] But you do enjoy it, you protest to yourself, gently. When your adrenaline is pumping and the only thing between you and death is your reflexes and wit, that's when you truly feel alive. You have a purpose in those moments. It feels wrong to lie about such a fundamental part of yourself...especially when it has nothing to do with your continued survival. "I see it as more of a necessary evil, something to be avoided whenever possible.  Violence is distasteful, but sometimes it's the only way to stay safe."

You sigh, admitting, "But sometimes I do enjoy it. That probably makes me sick, somehow."

Emma blinks, giving a small nod and sipping from her wine politely. She doesn't seem surprised or upset by your answer. The two of you lapse into another silence, watching the other group of students. "I don't think so." She finally offers, before turning back towards you, leaning on the table and asking, "What do you think the purpose of life is?"
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 10:57:52 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 07, 2020, 01:42:09 pm »

"Honestly? I'm not sure yet. SEED has its plans, I'm sure... but for now, it seems everyone's just muddling along while they wait for the next [demon] to fall."

Smile. "It's nice to have a friend around for the muddling, at least. Maybe there's some purpose in that."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 07, 2020, 01:56:47 pm »

"Honestly? I'm not sure yet. SEED has its plans, I'm sure... but for now, it seems everyone's just muddling along while they wait for the next [demon] to fall."

Smile. "It's nice to have a friend around for the muddling, at least. Maybe there's some purpose in that."

+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 07, 2020, 02:05:58 pm »

[13]"I hope it doesn't happen in our lifetimes." Emma murmurs, lifting a toast, "To the future generations that have to fight."

You toast to that, draining half the bottle in a hard burning swallow. Emma lifts an eyebrow, giggling.

"I don't know how you can drink that much and not be drunk."

"Drugs just don't seem to effect me that much." You offer with a half-shrug.

"You could out drink William, I think."

You and Emma both finish your bottles at roughly the same time, and seem to both be just as drunk. You're not quite slurring, but you have a very pleasant buzz, and you find yourself focusing on Emma's robe for some odd reason.

"We should go." Emma rises, tossing bills on the table. You follow suit, paying for your drink and heading out the door. Emma leans against you heavily.

You don't think she needs to, judging by her steady gait.

It isn't until you're outside of town that she asks, softly, "Pheobe? What am I to you?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 07, 2020, 02:22:10 pm »

[13]"I hope it doesn't happen in our lifetimes." Emma murmurs, lifting a toast, "To the future generations that have to fight."

You toast to that, draining half the bottle in a hard burning swallow. Emma lifts an eyebrow, giggling.

"I don't know how you can drink that much and not be drunk."

"Drugs just don't seem to effect me that much." You offer with a half-shrug.

"You could out drink William, I think."

You and Emma both finish your bottles at roughly the same time, and seem to both be just as drunk. You're not quite slurring, but you have a very pleasant buzz, and you find yourself focusing on Emma's robe for some odd reason.

"We should go." Emma rises, tossing bills on the table. You follow suit, paying for your drink and heading out the door. Emma leans against you heavily.

You don't think she needs to, judging by her steady gait.

It isn't until you're outside of town that she asks, softly, "Pheobe? What am I to you?"
”you’re my best friend. Why do you ask?”

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 07, 2020, 02:24:36 pm »

"...Kin."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext