Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 475835 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: SARS-Cov-2: Coronavirus World Tour 2020
« Reply #1410 on: March 21, 2020, 10:31:34 am »

I live in the countryside, so there’s very little worry of catching It, if only because there’s very few people to catch it from, and most of them are taking heavy precautions anyway, as am I. My Uncle’s stopped coming for food, thank God, because he’s convinced I and everyone else in the village already have it. The government sent out a speech from the Taoiseach (Irish prime minister) a few day ago, and apparently they’re going to provide welfare for those who can’t work or lose their jobs or are at risk, which is nice. They’re acually spending money on the populace for once. It was a hideously scripted speech though, and he quoted Winston Churchill at one point, completely forgetting that he was the shithead who ordered the fucking Black-and-Tans to come over and brutalize us. It was better than it couod have been, a lot better than the responses in the UK and the USA, but christ if I can’t stand that man sometimes.
I agree entirely. Varadkar is absolutely terrible politician but from what I understand is a decent doctor. They're nearly doubling the number of ventilator kits in the country and making agreements with a number of hotels and army barracks so they can turn them into temporary hospitals before the surge in cases hits. A world of difference from the Uk and US response.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: March 21, 2020, 12:22:31 pm »

I live in the countryside, so there’s very little worry of catching It, if only because there’s very few people to catch it from, and most of them are taking heavy precautions anyway, as am I. My Uncle’s stopped coming for food, thank God, because he’s convinced I and everyone else in the village already have it. The government sent out a speech from the Taoiseach (Irish prime minister) a few day ago, and apparently they’re going to provide welfare for those who can’t work or lose their jobs or are at risk, which is nice. They’re acually spending money on the populace for once. It was a hideously scripted speech though, and he quoted Winston Churchill at one point, completely forgetting that he was the shithead who ordered the fucking Black-and-Tans to come over and brutalize us. It was better than it couod have been, a lot better than the responses in the UK and the USA, but christ if I can’t stand that man sometimes.

Hah, quoting Churchill in the Republic. Not smart. Though of course the Black and Tans didn't kill Patrick O'Connell or James McDonnell.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 21, 2020, 12:49:41 pm »

In other 'fuck this general part of humanity with a hot poker' news, certain asshats have begun dressing in hazmat suits and going around peoples home to 'disinfect' them.

Except in this case disinfecting entails taking their stuff.

And this is before shit has hit the fan, how low will they stoop once we're actually short on basic things is anyones guess.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: March 21, 2020, 01:13:18 pm »

More people died in Italy in a single day from the Coronavirus vs the number of people killed by SARS’s entire epidemic lifetime.
The numbers coming out of Italy are absolutely dreadful
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: March 21, 2020, 01:27:34 pm »

If it helps anyone cope with the isolation, here's a 360° video

https://youtu.be/LBFQ8aTad9I

I didn't record it but it's one of the must-see places in my homeland.
It has been a long, long time since I was there last :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: March 21, 2020, 02:49:59 pm »

For what I've heard official NYC estimates already stated a week ago that they didn't have enough resources to cope. Even assuming a degree of exaggeration, it will be very very bad. Worse because the fed govt is doing nothing
Yes, this was true. Except now it's moved from projections and hypotheticals to something that is actively happening.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: March 21, 2020, 03:01:57 pm »

Welp, starting tomorrow a nation wide curfew is in effect. Probably gonna have to get a permit from your workplace to be able to leave the house outside those hours. There's also talk (very unconfirmed) that they'll be shutting down the roads leading into/out of the city, which, considering my place of work is outside it is gonna be fun and probably another permit or straight up not being allowed to move :S

Also Croatia is in for a fun time, number of confirmed cases doubled today to nearly 200 total. You'd think people would have learned from Italy but it seems nobody was taking the quarantine too seriously and most folks were treating it like a holiday of sorts. Luckily the government was somewhat more prepared in that they started work on emergency hospitals in various big cities around the country. If that will be enough remains to be seen tho.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: March 21, 2020, 04:42:15 pm »

If it helps anyone cope with the isolation, here's a 360° video

https://youtu.be/LBFQ8aTad9I

I didn't record it but it's one of the must-see places in my homeland.
It has been a long, long time since I was there last :(

Link causes tab to crash. :(

Waterfox Classic doesn't like whatever format that is.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 04:44:08 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: March 21, 2020, 04:53:42 pm »

Oh god... I think Trump was such an idiot back when he made that mysterious covfefe tweet--and then said nothing else the rest of the night--that in trying to escape the pain of being trapped inside itself, his mind looked outward and he caught a glimpse of the future.

Fear the COVID
Fear COVID Fear it
COV FEAR FEAR
COVFEFE

Sonofaturd hodor'D us.

I'm going to stay up all night thinking about this.
It's worse, I realized now I was mistaken about things.

"Despite my perfect response, the constant fake news and negative press over whatever covid is hurts my feelings."
"Despite my perfect response, the constant negative press over covid hurts my feelings."
"Despite the constant negative press over covid hurting my feefees"
"Despite the constant negative press covfefe"

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: March 21, 2020, 06:26:42 pm »

Also if you were looking for the official NYC guidance on having sex during the COVID-19 epidemic, look no further.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: March 21, 2020, 06:59:12 pm »

At first I giggled, but the information is actually pretty interesting and helpful.  Mostly obvious, but that's alright.  It feels good (if a bit odd) to see a local government sharing such clear and direct information, even admitting points of uncertainty.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: March 21, 2020, 07:40:17 pm »

Yes it's actually very useful and reasonable, but I mean, you gotta love it when an official government paper is made on the topic.

And I mean you gotta love this line:
Quote from: NYC Health Department
You are your safest sex partner.
How true that is.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: March 21, 2020, 07:44:25 pm »

*As I tighten the belt necesssry to climax on my own yhese days further around my neck* Yep, definitely
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 459