Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478043 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19:Mutating into COVID-21 Edition
« Reply #4800 on: January 08, 2021, 10:31:21 am »

At least in the US, they're saying frontline workers -> old people and people living in compressed housing -> young adults (superspreader population)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: January 08, 2021, 10:34:46 am »

IMO it doesnt save anything. Its not like superspreaders are going to admit they are behaving as such and get fined. Plus  you're rewarding risky behavior, they might not wait to get the two doses before throwing covid parties (and might feel false security), and it's questionable how willing rules floating douchebags would be to get the vaccine shots.

Better to frontload  sensible vulnerable population and frontliners in general (including but not limited to hcw. I think Vector should get the vaccine too)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: January 08, 2021, 10:40:07 am »

Y'know...folks that have been paying closer attention, is there actually recommendation floating around that older diabetics not take the vaccine? Grandparents have picked that up from somewhere or another.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: January 08, 2021, 10:45:05 am »

Better to frontload sensible vulnerable population and frontliners in general (including but not limited to hcw. I think Vector should get the vaccine too)

Thanks, but in my opinion I should be last in line :P I teach at the university level now and at least in theory the 18+ population no longer need me to handle their socio-emotional learning, so we can handle online for a good while.

Monkeyhead, on the other hand...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: January 08, 2021, 10:52:46 am »

But you're a self-proclaimed vector, Vector!

:P

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: January 08, 2021, 11:55:33 am »

Y'know...folks that have been paying closer attention, is there actually recommendation floating around that older diabetics not take the vaccine? Grandparents have picked that up from somewhere or another.
Nope, quite the contrary. Having diabetes puts them more at risk of covid so they should get the vaccine
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: January 08, 2021, 02:44:42 pm »

Yeah, youd think poor sods like me who spend all day in poorly ventilated rooms with +30 small humans of age 11-18 featuring no PPE would be rather high priority.

No dice there though.

At least all my delivery (even my work with universties) is now done remotely, for the foreseeable future.
This is a blank sig.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: January 08, 2021, 03:49:09 pm »

My commune decided to start the school season up with distance teaching in elementary school too, which is nice.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4808 on: January 08, 2021, 04:36:44 pm »

noice I just got the first vaccine dose. 16 weeks later I'll complete the course

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: January 08, 2021, 04:58:33 pm »

I thought it was supposed to be 12? And, originally, 3.

...is it the Oxford or the BioNTech? (Too early to be Moderna, I'm sure.)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4810 on: January 08, 2021, 07:27:23 pm »

12 to 16, I assume the longest delay because logistics. Pfizer one

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: January 08, 2021, 07:43:04 pm »

Turns out my friend who had Covid already once......tested positive a second time in November. She *said* her husband tested positive and that's why she was staying out of the office for two weeks.....now I'm kinda doubting that. Like, good, she stayed home. But she shoulda told us the truth. I'd probably have gone and gotten tested again if she had. When she said she may have just continued to shed the virus since her first infection, I was like....uh well that means you've possibly infected a lot of people.

None of us have had any symptoms but I dunno. If she's just been carrying it around the whole time it's likely one of us also got it at some point and was just asymptomatic.

*sigh* Please let this shit be over this year.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: January 08, 2021, 07:49:05 pm »

It doesnt normally work like that.

Meaning: the current consensus is that persistent covid + dont imply infectivity in general, although there's still controversy with persistently positive immunocompromised patients

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: January 08, 2021, 08:53:28 pm »

Spoiler: Updated priorities (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: January 09, 2021, 04:07:54 pm »

Oh hey, so one of my coworkers that I work in relatively close contact with tested positive. Our manager won't tell us who, which kinda makes sense, although I'd have a much clearer picture of what happened if he had. Instead, people who were at risk(including me) were told individually of the possible exposure, and I was recommended to get tested. Except that the possible exposure happened more than two weeks ago and nobody has reported any kind of symptoms since.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 459