Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 478003 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19:Mutating into COVID-21 Edition
« Reply #4785 on: January 04, 2021, 03:55:06 pm »

There is an army on the march!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: January 04, 2021, 04:03:06 pm »

Do you think Boris gets dizzy from the constant u-turns?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: January 04, 2021, 04:54:51 pm »

His hair looks like it belongs to a guy who is constantly at the whim of the wind.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: January 05, 2021, 02:57:13 am »

He looks like he just woke up and did nothing with his hair.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: January 05, 2021, 11:37:50 pm »

I looked at this picture and was like "could this be the Dumb and Dumber characters?" and I looked it up, and yep...

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: January 08, 2021, 06:50:31 am »

Our hospital workers are being vaccinated now (those that works with corona patients).  Next up are the healthcare workers who work with vulnerable elderly, psychiatric patients and mentally challenged, as well as their patients. The plan is to start with those in a week or two.. But.. That's not going to go as planned. While the idea of vaccinating demented, psychiatric patients and mentally disabled is a good plan, because it is impossible to make those people follow social disctancing rules, and impossible to make them wear a facemask, our government forgot one thing..  Most people in these groups are mentally incompetent, so in order to get them vaccinated, official permission is required from their legal guardians (most of the time, family members).  So instead of starting with the vaccinations in about two weeks, our already exhausted and understaffed healthcare workers are now going to hav to make a planning to first have official meetings with all the legal guardians. That could take months.

I think our government needs to re-shuffle the order in which people get vaccinated, or valuable time will be wasted.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 07:07:22 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4794 on: January 08, 2021, 07:36:00 am »

Boris Johnson has announced Britain will reenter lockdown, as cases of the new variant of the virus rise.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My boss told me I had to go back to work because everyone was going back to work. I am at work and they are not; they used their much greater annual leave to stay at home because they said it wasn't safe to travel.
On the train ride home, a man pulled down his mask to sneeze twice, pulling his mask back up to go to sleep.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: January 08, 2021, 07:39:33 am »

A man pulled down his mask to sneeze twice, pulling his mask back up to go to sleep.
Wot
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: January 08, 2021, 07:43:10 am »

Meanwhile, prisoners from a prison in Heerhugowaard have reported their warden to the police for forbidding them to wear facemasks.
They want him to be charged with attempted murder.

According to the prison regime, prisoner's faces have to be visible at all times so the staff can assess their facial expressions.
This means the prisoners are forced to not wear facemasks, while also not being able to keep social distance.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4797 on: January 08, 2021, 07:45:38 am »

A man pulled down his mask to sneeze twice, pulling his mask back up to go to sleep.
Wot
1 in 30 londoners infected with the coof and it still seems people dgaf

Meanwhile, prisoners from a prison in Heerhugowaard have reported their warden to the police for forbidding them to wear facemasks.
They want him to be charged with attempted murder.

According to the prison regime, prisoner's faces have to be visible at all times so the staff can assess their facial expressions.
This means the prisoners are forced to not wear facemasks, while also not being able to keep social distance.
plastic face covers?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: January 08, 2021, 08:41:16 am »

Your average american (and I mean the whole continent) prisoner migth make a nuke out of one of those.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: January 08, 2021, 10:27:54 am »

I don't know how much epidemiological work has been put into establishing an optimal proportion of vaccine not to be reserved for the vulnerable (the oldest and otherwise illest, who would have greater risk if they contract it) nor the support workers (those who would probably not be as ill if they got it, but it would take them out of vital Key Worker status at a time of increased demand) but the kind of person who is neither but is likely to be a super-catcher/spreader.

It's an amorphously described group, I know, and probably dominated by the intrinsically irresponsible, but at some level 'wasting' vaccinations on this group buys time for the others.

(Not that I'm in any of the aforementioned groups. Still not expecting being offered the jag in the immediate future.)
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 459