Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 61

Author Topic: [MODDING] General modding questions thread  (Read 148756 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!
« Reply #750 on: October 31, 2021, 07:05:28 pm »

So I'm having some bugs in my game that seem like they're caused by raw duplication, but nothing is reported on the errorlog. Does anyone have any idea on how I could find these bugs?
DF Duplisearch does the trick.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #751 on: November 05, 2021, 09:02:04 am »

Does anyone know what, if anything, RESPONSIBILITY:ESPIONAGE does?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 05, 2021, 09:43:34 am »

Does anyone know what, if anything, RESPONSIBILITY:ESPIONAGE does?

47.01+ for the dungeon keeper's functionality with the token. Said dwarf will start grabbing details from dwarves adjacent around themselves like piercing false identities, and who has been strong-armed into ongoing villian plots, and use this supplementary to the counter-espionage screen with some w.g influence with agents and the like (apparently, i think this is moreso relevant for a non-site civ generalized like royal advisors with access to all populations without reliable citation example)

But right now they don't have the features to apply their own player schemes with preference for the role leaning at schemer skill, at best they could help discover your first vampire for you if you were very stuck in a busy situation where you couldnt find the obvious suspect with the use of the law-enforcements interrogations, as well as foreign field agents and over-obvious sabotuer's (non hidden intelli-undead) intents.
  • Most of all beings defences against truthfulness, are easily degradable with vanilla alcohol inebriation by assigning whatever espionage noble you have in your fortress as a tavernkeep.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 06, 2021, 09:28:49 am »

Can anyone think of a way to make a syndrome only affect those who already have a certain SYN_CLASS?

Basically I'm trying to make a reaction used to construct something, that requires the individual constructing it to have learned a certain in-universe ancient language (represented by a SYN_CLASS), but I'm drawing a blank on how to do that (assuming it's even possible).

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 06, 2021, 11:29:02 am »

Can anyone think of a way to make a syndrome only affect those who already have a certain SYN_CLASS?

Basically I'm trying to make a reaction used to construct something, that requires the individual constructing it to have learned a certain in-universe ancient language (represented by a SYN_CLASS), but I'm drawing a blank on how to do that (assuming it's even possible).

There is very little direct interaction between reactions and syndromes.  You can, however, create a syndrome that teaches an interaction that lets you create an item.
Making syndromes that require a SYN_CLASS is tricky.  However, if your mod only includes one such secret, and you're okay with generated angels and demons knowing the ancient language, you can use the SUPERNATURAL tag.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 06, 2021, 12:57:17 pm »

There is very little direct interaction between reactions and syndromes.  You can, however, create a syndrome that teaches an interaction that lets you create an item.
Making syndromes that require a SYN_CLASS is tricky.  However, if your mod only includes one such secret, and you're okay with generated angels and demons knowing the ancient language, you can use the SUPERNATURAL tag.

Thanks! I'm actually using an interaction that creates an item for something else. Using the SUPERNATURAL tag for the language is a very cool idea, though, I think I'll do that.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 07, 2021, 01:43:38 pm »

Is this a typo in the Pond Grabber raws or does it mean they come in these three sizes?
Code: [Select]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:2000]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:15000]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:30000]
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 07, 2021, 02:52:44 pm »

Is this a typo in the Pond Grabber raws or does it mean they come in these three sizes?
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:2000]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:15000]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:30000]

Either could be true, i assume maybe its some sort of redundant instant-growth trick? email toady about it if ye-dare, or drop it in the FotF, though sayin that, the last token on file is usually the most prominent one for overlaps.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 11, 2021, 07:38:11 pm »

When a creature is spawned at the edge of the map how does it have its caste chosen? Is it random weighted by POP_RATIO?

Either could be true, i assume maybe its some sort of redundant instant-growth trick? email toady about it if ye-dare, or drop it in the FotF, though sayin that, the last token on file is usually the most prominent one for overlaps.
Cheers. Decided to put it on the bug tracker. It's no big deal either way.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 07:42:45 pm by Vattic »

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 13, 2021, 05:15:22 am »

A couple of questions about reactions:

First, is it possible to use the remains of a particular type of vermin in reactions? If so, how would I set up the material of the reagent for it?

I've tried to specify a certain vermin, but this results in using any available remains:
[REAGENT:remains:1:REMAINS:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:KERMES_INSECT:KERMES_INSECT]

Should the last part be something else or what am I missing? I've only found some conflicting information about the material of vermin items.

Here's the full reaction, just in case:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Second, does adding new Adventure mode reactions require a new worldgen? I'm assuming it does, but doesn't hurt to ask, I guess.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 13, 2021, 07:27:41 am »

Going by the wiki for reactions I believe it should be, I'm away from my PC to test:
[REAGENT:remains:1:REMAINS:NONE:KERMES_INSECT:KERMES_INSECT]
So REMAINS:NONE for the item type, and CREATURE_ID:CASTE_ID for the material.

If it is impossible to use specific vermin remains in reactions you could add an extract to the vermin in question and use that a reagent instead.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 13, 2021, 09:36:32 am »

So REMAINS:NONE for the item type, and CREATURE_ID:CASTE_ID for the material.

If it is impossible to use specific vermin remains in reactions you could add an extract to the vermin in question and use that a reagent instead.

I'll give it a try, thanks. I've thought of using the extract option as an alternative if I can't get the remains reaction to work.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 18, 2021, 04:33:00 am »

Does anyone know what causes a unit to decide to clean contaminants off their body? According to the wiki citizens will only do it if they've got access to water, but I was wondering if there was a raw-level way to prevent them trying to clean specific contaminants (like using certain creature/material tokens).
It makes it a bit awkward for having citizens that constantly secrete substances, because they get somewhat obsessed with trying fruitlessly to get it all off :p

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 18, 2021, 07:53:31 am »

When a creature is spawned at the edge of the map how does it have its caste chosen? Is it random weighted by POP_RATIO?
It should be, but it's not. All castes have an equal chance of spawning in the wild. If you want a rare caste, you can make multiple copies of the common caste.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 18, 2021, 03:55:39 pm »

Does anyone know what causes a unit to decide to clean contaminants off their body? According to the wiki citizens will only do it if they've got access to water, but I was wondering if there was a raw-level way to prevent them trying to clean specific contaminants (like using certain creature/material tokens).
It makes it a bit awkward for having citizens that constantly secrete substances, because they get somewhat obsessed with trying fruitlessly to get it all off :p

Splatters that arent water get counted into a 'grime level' mechanic that counts the intensity of dirt so its not only bad for your dwarves but also very unhygenic even if they're immune to it , sorry about your circumstances but maybe it'd be best contributed as a bug issue report about its infinite-loop properties.
  • Unsure about where tears etc end up, they dont seem to be affected)
Best way to get clean for longer is to use soap to more effectively remove more grime levels at once, and access to washing grates.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 61