Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 61

Author Topic: [MODDING] General modding questions thread  (Read 148887 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!
« Reply #255 on: February 12, 2020, 03:11:38 am »

So uh, I still dunno WHY mundane critters were complaining about not having a MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT link that they shouldn't even be aware of due to the material with said link being applied as needed on a per-creature basis, but I did at least solve it. Gave the relevant body detail plans a fallback template to use for the local material they're never gonna actually access ANYWAY, just as I added a fallback for POISON to the standard BDP so that trying to harvest poison from generated beasts will always return SOMETHING, even if they didn't generate with venom.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 12, 2020, 09:08:19 pm »

I altered the raws for the vampires and now they do regenerate but when a limb gets chopped off, it regenerates with just the bone and is useless.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How do I get bloodgaunt vampires to regenerate the non-bone layers?

Edit: The legs also don't seem to regenerate.
Edit: Bones in general don't heal unless a limb is cut off.
Edit: Limbs now regrow properly because I removed the targeting.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 11:24:12 pm by ChaosPotato »
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 12, 2020, 09:46:09 pm »

That sounds like a bug to put on the bug tracker.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #258 on: February 13, 2020, 04:18:21 am »

So...is there a way to make a creature that produces a particular type of creature during worldgen?  Last I heard NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTER just produces any possible experiments...is there a way to get around this?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 13, 2020, 04:42:44 am »

So...is there a way to make a creature that produces a particular type of creature during worldgen?  Last I heard NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTER just produces any possible experiments...is there a way to get around this?

I have yet to get experiment interactions to work in w.g., but an interaction with I_SOURCE:EXPERIMENT and EXPERIMENT_ONLY that applies a transformation syndrome would be it. Or at least the closest to it, with what we can do right now.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2020, 04:40:38 pm »

I have yet to get experiment interactions to work in w.g., but an interaction with I_SOURCE:EXPERIMENT and EXPERIMENT_ONLY that applies a transformation syndrome would be it. Or at least the closest to it, with what we can do right now.

Ive been unable to get those working aswell.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

boxxu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 13, 2020, 07:40:50 pm »

I'm trying to make a creature that releases a cloud of spores with a syndrome as an attack. I've been trying to use UNDIRECTED_DUST but it seems to propel everything as well as if it was a cave in. Is there a way to do this without knocking everyone back?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 13, 2020, 08:30:27 pm »

Try undirected vapor instead
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 14, 2020, 08:07:01 pm »

So, discovery of the day: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11372

This is bad. Real damn bad. I needed to make certain weapons count as tools because chargen liked to let you create metal versions of stuff that should NEVER be metal. But it turns out tools just fucking crumble.

So now several weapons in Adventurecraft are useless because if you smack someone with them they just fall apart.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #264 on: February 15, 2020, 02:42:13 am »

So, discovery of the day: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11372

This is bad. Real damn bad. I needed to make certain weapons count as tools because chargen liked to let you create metal versions of stuff that should NEVER be metal. But it turns out tools just fucking crumble.

So now several weapons in Adventurecraft are useless because if you smack someone with them they just fall apart.

I saw that in the previous version with stolen knifes and daggers.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

boxxu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 15, 2020, 01:51:29 pm »

Hey, a few days ago I asked if there was a way to make a civ build only hillocks and I got the advice to make the civ PLAYER_FORTRESS and it worked!...sort of. The civ only built but the sites in adventure mode are SUPER laggy, to the point it takes like 30mins just to walk out of them and you are unable to fast travel while inside of them to boot. Also the site doesn't seem to actually have any sort of structures(I didn't look around for too long, given how tedious it was to walk around).

I presume how PLAYER_FORTRESS works is that it makes it so the site is as if you started playing Dwarf Fortress mode, chose the maximum size area for the embark and then retired the fort immediately and a quick test seems to confirm that.

So yeah, don't use the  PLAYER_FORTRESS method if you plan to visit the sites in adventure mode. If you just want them for extra neighbours in fortress mode it seems to work fine though.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 15, 2020, 03:09:18 pm »

Hey, a few days ago I asked if there was a way to make a civ build only hillocks and I got the advice to make the civ PLAYER_FORTRESS and it worked!...sort of. The civ only built but the sites in adventure mode are SUPER laggy, to the point it takes like 30mins just to walk out of them and you are unable to fast travel while inside of them to boot. Also the site doesn't seem to actually have any sort of structures(I didn't look around for too long, given how tedious it was to walk around).

I presume how PLAYER_FORTRESS works is that it makes it so the site is as if you started playing Dwarf Fortress mode, chose the maximum size area for the embark and then retired the fort immediately and a quick test seems to confirm that.

So yeah, don't use the  PLAYER_FORTRESS method if you plan to visit the sites in adventure mode. If you just want them for extra neighbours in fortress mode it seems to work fine though.

If I recall, isn't the best method to restrict them to non-mountain biomes?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

boxxu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 15, 2020, 03:34:35 pm »

If I recall, isn't the best method to restrict them to non-mountain biomes?

I was trying to limit the sites to just hillocks. CAVE_DETAILED with non-mountain biomes still start with a fortress as the first placed site. I've made it CAVE_DETAILED now since it's a better compromise.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 15, 2020, 05:50:59 pm »

Ah yeah, that is odd. Hmm.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 15, 2020, 08:28:18 pm »

So, below is an example of my modded sunberries. I wanted them to have a small effect on them (in this case healing), and on their Sunshine alchohol. It never seemed to work right, because the statistic multipliers generated some very weird attribute numbers according to Dwarf Therapist (sometimes super high stat numbers, other times huge negative numbers), but in-game doesn't reflect attribute descriptions that way, so something may not be right on the Therapist side.

Anyways, with the new interactions, such as the healing blessing example and other such stuff, what do you think I could do with these sunberries now? I don't want to do something entirely over the top, but I'd like to perhaps generate a happy thought, or a minor increase to healing, or something similar to what I tried to do below. Anyone have ideas? I'm just not conversant enough with the raws/tokens to completely understand how flexible it was prior to 47.xx, and what new possibilities exist now.

Code: [Select]
[PLANT:BERRY_SUN]
[NAME:sun berry][NAME_PLURAL:sun berries][ADJ:sun berry]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:4]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_RAW]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:Sun Berry Effect]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_INGESTED]