Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120000 times)

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1785 on: November 25, 2020, 04:09:44 am »

The superheated arrowheads burned in a bright conflagration, not unlike a miniature sun as the ambient heat seeped to the clearings. Yet after the magic petered out a minute or so later the gate was intact whereas the arrowheads crumbled into fine dust. The gate seemed slightly red, but nowhere as hot as it should be after the earlier display. Still, it did react - perhaps the warding can be overwhelmed after all?

Meanwhile, Dixie would found herself on the other side of the gate. Which stood intact behind her. Whether it's caused by the gate being stubborn or a failsafe built into the amulet, the fact remained that she's stuck inside for the time being.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: November 25, 2020, 06:19:20 am »

Dixie sighed. "Hah... I thought I could tear it apart with a little subspace magic." At least the gate's no longer a problem for herself... but it wouldn't feel right to leave Linea outside, right? Deep down, she only wanted to sleep in this tower because Linea wanted to, too.

She walked back to the gate as it glowed just a tiny shade of red, and poked her Oaken Staff through the gate to check for some kind of mystical barrier of sorts. She might have an idea on how to get back out in case Linea doesn't make it in.

"Hm, what if we repeatedly froze it and heated it back up?Would it not get cracked and crumble" Dixie suggests to Linea. "I suppose it only works on glass and rubber..."

Now that she thought about it, she could've just teleported Linea with her instead. The amulet would've recharged enough to teleport them back the next morning.

Klutz. Idiot. She kept telling herself in her mind.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 07:47:16 am by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: November 25, 2020, 07:40:40 am »

"Now look what you've gotten yourself into." Linea snorted, her eyes were bright red, scrutinizing whatever contraption that could have been triggered following Dixie's unexpected entry.

"Hm, what if we repeatedly froze it and heated it back up?Would it not get cracked and crumble" Dixie suggests to Linea. "I suppose it only works on glass and rubber..."

Dixie suggested, but Linea answered coldly.

"Honestly, I was half expecting a mechanical monster or whatever coming from a secret door behind you. Brute-forcing a magically enhanced barrier by tapping into it is dangerous and tinkering with a barrier from the inside could result in two things: we found its weakest point or its weakest point have another failsafe to repel any attempt to sabotage." Linea once again looked at the room behind the gate, not missing any details this time, hopefully.

"But it looks like we don't have any other choice until the morning came, do we?" she yawned.  "So much for having a civilized sleep."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: November 25, 2020, 07:51:34 am »

"What a good fox you are for murdering that stupid racoon."

How about we follow the river north rather than crossing it this time?
"Good idea Plant girl, let's just not stray away too far, I'm afraid I might not be able to protect you with all these gawblins." GSH responded
Alright, Northward ho
Travel north with GSH
"I'm gonna follow you guys as it seems everyone else has disappeared and I have no intention of sleeping out here."
Grab my fox, reload my rifle, and follow the others.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: November 25, 2020, 11:39:19 pm »

Dularach ask the locals were the other adventurers went

One of the guards informs Dularach that most of the adventurers went out into the forest again.

"There were two groups, I believe. One went northwest towards the lake, seemed like they'd had a mission. They'd visited the mayor just earlier, maybe that had something to do with it. Old guy's been cooped up in his place, so I was surprised when I saw him getting visitors. The other group went northeast, to continue their exploration I believe."

The guard continues to look in awe at Dularach's giant stature. "To be honest we could always use more defense here at the village, heh. With most of you bunch out there the village could be left open to an attack." The guard then straightens himself. "Not that I'm scared or anything, just sayin'! --Ehem, don't mind me."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: November 25, 2020, 11:46:16 pm »

"It seems that you already know the purpose of my arrival. I took this expedition quest from Adventurer's Guild at my city."

He give the Adventurer membership card to Aven. The card contains his name Skye, age as 18 and a Silver Rank. The place he came from, known with the city that obsessed with Magic and Anemo Worshiping.

"I shall tour myself in this town, while waiting the party." He continued.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: November 26, 2020, 07:04:42 am »

If all it took to bring down that gate was more than just a simple act of vandalism, then it was not worth it at all. Linea concluded, gazing at the higher part of the tower, she pondered how unneighbourly the master of this tower was for letting her sleep in such a cold night without a roof above her head.

"I am too tired for this." she said, returning to Dixie. "Can you get out? I suck at reading magic but I know you used that artifact to teleport inside, can you use it again?"

"Or... well unless if you fancy sleeping behind the bars, I will settle with the grass and starry sky. Gonna make a campfire real big to make myself at home."

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: November 26, 2020, 07:45:19 am »

The oaken staff itself went through without a hitch, but a well-camouflaged bug resting on it was impolitely shoved off upon reaching the gap. There seemed to be something after all?

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: November 26, 2020, 08:07:27 am »

"It needs recharging, might take the entire night... but I believe I can still get out."

Dixie summons the Dagger of Destiny itself, with her Bound Ring. That bug reacting to some sort of invisible repulsive force didn't escape her senses. There is a magic barrier, but she supposes it only reacts to anything organic... so, she must either dispel it somehow or turn herself into something inorganic that fits through the gate's gaps.

Maybe it'd be safer to try to break the barrier first, or the gate. Whichever or. Dixie loads the Dagger of Destiny with mana to prepare its once-a-day special effect, all the while imbuing it with fire, and then takes a slash as wide as possible diagonally across the gate to tear it open.
I have a YouTube channel.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: November 26, 2020, 12:37:41 pm »

It was getting late, and there was no sign of the girls.

In the distance, the light from a fire was starting to be visible; Garish and needlessly large.  He shook his head.

Mus' be 'at Linea girl.. At it 'gain... he muttered to himself absently.  Either she was setting the world on fire, or she was over-reacting to the cold. Pro'lly both. he wryly chuckled. 

The thought that if they were that cold, in the face of a teeny bit of frosty air, to need to start a bonfire crossed his mind. P'rolly 'ungry too I'd recon.  The wry smile creased one side of his face in the form of a short lived smirk. He had just shoveled a fair stack of the things Mama's way; His ursine companion greedily snarfing them as fast as he could make them, only confiding a single thought at him when asked--  'good'/'more' She had already eaten 4 adult size portions, and showed no sign of slacking. The amusing idea of entering her into a pancake eating competition crossed his mind, but he knew no sane competition judging panel would let her participate. The thought made him frown a bit, but he was still glad she seemed to interested in his cooking; Just, eating all the pancakes themselves was not polite nor appropriate.  If the girls were that cold and miserable to try to make up for it with an absurd fire like that, they probably needed some pancakes as well, and holding out on them would not be sporting nor polite.

Hot on the heels of that thought, was another-- So far, without exception, every single thing he had hunted, picked, or cooked had been "politely rejected' by the elf girl.  It kind of hurt his feelings, but the real unforgivable thing would be to just refuse to offer. Who knows, she might find something she actually likes, or be so far down the hunger slope that her sensibilities finally give way, and if he stopped offering, he'd be the one in the wrong for denying the chance.

Introspection gave way to realization he was making a tight lipped frown. Mama was showing no signs of slacking on her appetite for honeyed pancake-- her eyes sparkling at him in the waning light of the day.

'Hey there/Hello beautiful.' he confided to her, letting the connection form while she greedily snarfed another pancake from his hands.

'yes'/'what?'/'More pancakes?' was the response from the other side.  He chuckled at her, and the amusement bled through the connection. "what's funny?/want more pancake

He did his best to create a concept she would understand-- Eating all the food and leaving none for the others would not be a nice thing, and that the two of them needed to keep the others on good terms-- mingled with a side thought that he DID enjoy seeing her this pleased with his cooking and so genuinely approving of it-- That he would happily make all she could eat, if he had the flour to do it with-- but also, sadly that he did not.  In retrospect, it might have been a little too complicated for her, as her response was a mixture of irritation, "mine", and "You should get more when we get back."  Not a single sign of comprehension about social niceties-- She did not care one iota about the others in the group; Just him, and it made her cranky that he was having any kind of thoughts about 'the other two.'

He huffed despite himself, while frying up the next cake-- Dark brown eyes glittering at him from a completely fixated furry face practically pushing the thoughts of "Mmmmm", "more", and a general sense of impatience about his cooking speed, mingled with wry satisfaction about 'her choice'. His cheeks colored a bit, taking in the subtext of the raw concepts and emotions she was practically drowning him in. It would be a lie to say it did not re-affirm his bond with her, or that he did not take a great deal of guilty pleasure from making her happy/meeting with her satisfaction-- It would be another lie, to say a good deal of his heart didn't want to just let this whole errand rot, just wander off-- Him and mama, and spend their days wandering the woods, stopping to cook and eat together, and let all the complicated things slide by the wayside. It was a very infectious, and guilty pleasure; It was hard to fight down, and quite frankly, Mama did not rightly comprehend why he was doing so-- which more than anything, was the source of her small, but growing irritation. 

Love you/Do not want to make angry/know you don't want to share (with them). he tried, attempting diplomacy. Will come back and make more for you/glad you like it--- But they need food too/they bought the sausage a few days back/Not nice to not share at least a little/Only fair. he continued, before ending with the strong emotions this situation was causing him-- a blend of great satisfaction, joy and happiness at sharing a meal with her, but also alloyed with decorum, duty, obligation, and necessity.

She wrinkled her nose at him, blinked her eyes then turned her head toward the distant firelight. He could see she was snuffing in the air, trying to get a read on the going's on from where the two girls were, near the curtain wall, then turned back to him again.

One more, then go/Dont dawdle/hurry back/Want more/Dont hold out on me

He responded with amused understanding, and affirmation.  He could almost swear the bear was jealous, as he drizzled the top of the latest cake with a thin zigzag of honey, before rolling it up and holding it out for his bear-friend.  He leaned down, and pressed his forehead against hers, while she snarfed the cake from his outstretched hand.  The notion of just how far his heartstrings were getting wrapped up by being with this old bear was both embarrassing and wonderful to him, and he just wanted to hug and nuzzle on her with all his heart, right then and there, to drive away those silly notions of jealousy she was harboring, but she really wouldn't understand such an outburst, even with the connection wide open. Human impulses were not easy to translate, then again, neither were bear impulses in retrospect. He didn't care. He loved her anyway. Instead, he gave her an affectionate rub behind her ear and made a happy murmur, before returning his attention to the pan.

Need to make some for them now he confided. Wry irritation, a touch of impatience, and a general 'hurry up then' was what he got back; She did not like being kept waiting, even when he hadn't even left yet.

Hurriedly, he poured, cooked, turned, then drizzled a stack of about 8 cakes before nuzzling Mama again, and thanking her for her patience; promising to make more for her when he got back (and that he would do what he could to make it up to her in the night, when it would be just them). She just snorted, and head butted him away and nose pointed toward the distant fire again. "Hurry back" was the predominant message.

Gathering up the fully loaded skillet, (along with a few jars of vine-water, and the rest of the uncooked food items he had brought-- as much as he loved her, he did not trust mama with unattended comestibles) his thoughts wandered to how... Possessive... Mama acted towards him.  On the one hand, it was very reaffirming to be wanted so intensely; Desired and held dear like a treasured possession or treasure-- but on the other, it was putting stress on his ability to meaningfully interact with other humans. The solitary nature of bears was difficult to reconcile with the need for social interplay among humans.  He hoped this would not turn into an argument; He hated having arguments with mama.

He silently cursed that he could not confront the problems running wild through these woods alone.  This would be so much simpler, and go so much smoother if he was not having to play ambassador between the human and natural worlds, and engaging in 'human pageantry'.  He huffed an irritated sigh. The thought that he could share that irritation with mama, and get the equivalent of a chuckle from her, crossed his mind. It was quickly snuffed out by the nagging realization that she would of course, insist that this is why he shouldn't bother with such wasted efforts, and just walk away from this mess and just live with her.  The thought was painful, because of how seductive it was.

Human thoughts suck.

Pushing all those thoughts aside for later, he pushed on through the lengthening shadows toward the light of the distant fire.

...Bes' foot forward... he told himself under his breath while walking. Bes' foot forward.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: November 26, 2020, 01:18:28 pm »

So far, Linea managed to gather some large branches lying around the grass and lit them with a simple fire spell. The last wood was moist, moldy, and... there was a slug adhering to it-- she tossed it to the campfire without a second thought.

The preparation was pretty much done, she set up the camp near the gate, with a campfire placed directly in the middle of the road, blocking the pathway -a sign of brazen protest, or just blatant insolency.

Slumped against the wall, Linea watched the fire crackling in front of her, it was flared brightly, orange and warm, and comforting.
Now unless if there was a mad carriage breaking through or Dixie setting off the magical gate to self-destruct, she wouldn't move from her cozy spot.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 01:26:26 pm by Slyph »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: November 27, 2020, 10:33:29 am »

"hmm, you won't have much to worry about, it seems pretty safe so i'll be going to catch up with one of the groups now, have a nice and peaceful day"
Dularach leaves to catch up with the group that went to the lake
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: November 28, 2020, 03:33:12 am »

(near the tower)

Plune watched the others gather near the looming man-made structure, toying with their unnatural sorceries no doubt. She turns away towards the natural world, where the fuzzy bear mama lay in waitful rest after her human companion left to join the other humans in their humanly affairs. Technically there was only one other human, but it seemed the aberration of artificial technology had infected her elven cousin all the same.

She flies toward Mama and the little camp her companion had built, coming to a rest a comfortable distance away. Despite not being able to communicate with the gentle giant, Plune felt a primal familiarity and trust with her that was hard to reconcile with her more human associates, despite the kind intentions they had shown.

"Something about this place feels wrong." She contemplates aloud to herself and Mama. "Not just because of my memory loss. I can feel it everywhere. Floating in the air, oozing out of the trees, trying to squeeze into my skin." She looks at her arms and makes a disturbed expression.

"There's great pain, and it's screaming all around us. It makes me so sad. And scared. Moreso than the fact that I can't remember anything. It feels like my home can't recognize me, when I'm the one who is supposed to have amnesia."

She sighs, looking up at the sky. "What's happening?..."

She looks back towards Mama and flutters towards her, reaching out her hand and gently caressing the creature's fur. For that moment her crushing confusion and loneliness was made slightly more bearable. ((no pun intended lol))
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: November 28, 2020, 11:51:28 am »

Edwarg had finished bringing the last batch of firewood Linea wanted. He kept this last pile close to him so Linea didn't have to work on each of them again and get disgusted by any trivial critter.

Sitting next to his large backpack, which supported by an oak trunk he just relocated to make a makeshift bench, Edwarg spent a few moment to let the campfire give him some warmth. His shotgun was beside him; he had finished scouting, but seeing Linea resting peacefully, the orc decided to wait for the morning to give her his general assessment. There was nothing worth noting anyway.

The campfire was lit so bright it quickly boiled the water he prepared. They had hardtacks and sweetened coffee, and he helped himself with a few of them. "Any luck with the gate, Lady?" he raised his mug in an offering manner and pour its content into smaller cups.

The lady in question was still tinkering with the gate, now she was drawing a knife and prepared to slash the barrier. Whatever the result was, Edwarg brought her a coffee. 

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: November 28, 2020, 12:34:10 pm »

Jack trudged through the quickly reddening twilight through the grass, and toward the tower.  He could see that the large orc fellow had taken to tending the over-sized fire, and had set a number of large logs aside to keep it fed with.  Instinctually, and totally undesired, thoughts rushed through his head about misusing resources. There was only so much fallen timber, and it took YEARS to grow a tree that size. It was downright wasteful to use wood in such a wanton manner... but he took that thought, wadded it up, and crammed it into the back of his mind.

"Nobody wants to hear about that kind of thing, Jack. You've put your damn foot in it badly enough as it is. Don't say a goddamn thing about it, pretend it didn't happen, pretend you don't see it, do whatever-- but don't bring that shit up.  Deep breaths. You're here to be 'sociable'-- not cause a further ruckus. You made pancakes, and brought water, because you are trying to be nice--"

His internal monologue trailed off as he drew closer, and the outlines of his traveling companions came into clearer view.  Linea and Edwarg were eating biscuits and drinking coffee again. Either those were magical biscuits, she had a really profound preference for bland hard food, or they did not really provision well before they left.  Regardless, the biscuits really did not have enough 'oomph' to sustain a body walking so many miles in a day like this, and then shivering in the cold at night to boot.  Pancakes weren't really satisfactory either, but the honey at least would go a long ways toward making up the deficit.  What she really needed was a good serving of stewed starchy root vegetables, some savory herbs to make it tasty, and some hearty meaty bits in it-- something that would keep a body going under this kind of abuse...  Just...

His thoughts wandered again, to all the times the elf-girl had tacitly refused any of the food he had gathered previously.  Sure, it wasn't exactly gourmet, but it wasn't like it was poison either. Then again, most people don't consider such things edible...  He had to remind himself of that.  The pancakes at least were something everyone could agree were actually food.

They would have to do.  --Especially since they were all he had at the moment. 

At the very least, she should have some honey with that hard tack. SURELY she wouldn't refuse THAT.

As he drew closer, he noticed that the other woman was missing.  He wondered if she had gone off somewhere, but since the only real reason he could come up with for why she would have done so involved answering nature's call, and was not something polite to bring up, especially when bringing food, he decided to put the observation on the same dark corner of his mind that the oversized fire, and wastefully stacked wood were relegated to.

Approaching the fire, he held a hand up peaceably, and announced his approach.  He was unsure how good the other's vision was in the growing darkness; He had heard that Elves and Orcs had better vision than humans did, but such things were apochryphal, and until proven, not something to bet your life on, or just assume. 

"Howdy!" he announced jovially. "Ya kids hungry?"
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 142