Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120084 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1635 on: April 15, 2020, 02:08:47 pm »

"Okay this all seems rather strait forward so lets try it."
Burt then starts the first exercise and chooses small mammal and tries to summon a weasel.

[Roll: 12/20]

Doing as instructed by the book, Burt begins trying to summon a weasel.

As Burt focuses his energies and performs the summoning motions while imagining a weasel in his mind, a translucent holographic weasel soon comes into existence before him. It starts to sniff and jump around all over the place, much like a real weasel. It soon notices Burt and sniffs around him, then continues to run and jump around the vicinity, exploring and doing weaselly things.

It seems Burt is still too inexperienced to summon the creature into the corporeal realm, but that should only be a matter of time.

[Burt has learned Summoning Magic level 0!]
[Burt has learned Summon Small Mammal!]
[Burt has gained experience in Summoning Magic; 25% to next level]
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: April 15, 2020, 10:00:49 pm »

He closed his eye, and frowned.

She' not completely gone... he muttered to nobody in particular; just into the open air, before addressing the other two people there. He knew mama was not good with words, and could only pick out a few, even when trying her hardest. It wasn't meant for her anyway.

She got one o' dose damn ..... THANGS.... in dere. I's makin 'er plum NUTS. We needs at ol' goat Lucy.

"A dose?" Linea's brow furrowed. "You mean there is some whacky magic going in that tiny brain of hers?"

After making sure the pixie was tied down and won't be making any drastic movement, Linea relaxed her pressure and eventually stood up. She then reached her water thermos and opened its cap before speaking again to the pixie

"If you behave, you may drink as any sane person would. If not, I will just splash it to your face. Make your choice."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: April 15, 2020, 10:18:46 pm »

"Okay, well, we'll just tell them ourselves to speed this thing up. It'd be great if you could give us a list of everyone kidnapped so far though.
I have a YouTube channel.

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: April 16, 2020, 12:08:51 am »

After much of inactivity, Edwarg showed up at the village square. He had met Sven along the way and had received explanations about the whole situation. He understood the decision Linea made he needed more sitrep from the person herself.

There was she. "Morning, Nia." he greeted. "What the hell happened here? What is this thing? It looked beaten up."

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: April 16, 2020, 12:20:30 am »

"This, my dear Edwarg, is a pixie." Answered Linea in a rush. "Corrupted, treacherous and cannibalistic, like something out of an ancient tale. Let's say I want to tame it but backfired horribly."

Linea turned a moment to the pixie, who apparently unresponsive to her offer. She gave the thermos to Edwarg instead.

"The dryad girl is on her way to fetch the Old Lucy. I will be expecting some information from this pixie once they managed to smack some sense into it. Could you watch over it for a while? And give it water if possible, and some food if it asks for it. I am betting the creepy Sally didn't even bother to feed her own 'dolly' since its first day in the captivity."

"I will be heading to the mayor's office. I promised the Dixie girl to catch up with her ASAP, so see you later."
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 02:09:00 am by Slyph »

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: April 16, 2020, 02:42:48 am »

"What have we here?"

Lucy floated from the direction of the shrine, presence thin as usual.

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: April 16, 2020, 02:47:11 am »

"This, my dear Edwarg, is a pixie." Answered Linea in a rush. "Corrupted, treacherous and cannibalistic, like something out of an ancient tale. Let's say I want to tame it but backfired horribly."

Linea turned a moment to the pixie, who apparently unresponsive to her offer. She gave the thermos to Edwarg instead.

"The dryad girl is on her way to fetch the Old Lucy. I will be expecting some information from this pixie once they managed to smack some sense into it. Could you watch over it for a while? And give it water if possible, and some food if it asks for it. I am betting the creepy Sally didn't even bother to feed her own 'dolly' since its first day in the captivity."

"I will be heading to the mayor's office. I promised the Dixie girl to catch up with her ASAP, so see you later."

"Uh... sure." Edwarg glanced at the downed critter before turning back to Linea for confirmation. "Your hand. It's bleeding, should let me take a look at it before you go."

Linea sighed, staring at him impatiently with her reddish gold eyes. Edwarg opened his back and fished a roll of bandage.

"Just give me a portion, drench it with water and I will clean it myself."

"No can do. The pixie can wait, and the mayor ain't going anywhere-"

"I don't have time for this." Linea insisted.

"Listen. You know I am as devoted as you are in our duty, and part of my duty is to take care of my... friends. Are you trying to impugn me of my commitment to give medical assistance when you clearly need it?"

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: April 16, 2020, 02:49:55 am »

"Listen. You know I am as devoted as you are in our duty, and part of my duty is to take care of my... friends. Are you trying to impugn me of my commitment to give medical assistance when you clearly need it?"

"Nice try, Snewden." Linea sneered. "But no, I am going now. You can patch me up later."

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: April 16, 2020, 03:15:02 am »

"Nice try, Snewden." Linea sneered. "But no, I am going now. You can patch me up later."

"Look at the claw she's got with her!" he rattled. "Nasty piece of business, that! I bet the thing used 'em to dig some rotten carcasses and crap. Would score one of two infections if get scratched by it, or worse, parasite, sepsis, cellulitis, you name it. Would be a shame if one of those ended up ruining a certain someone's pearly skin."

Linea stopped dead on her track and immediately turned back to Edwarg, clutching her injured arm as she approached him. "Fine! You win. Just...do it and make it quick!"

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: April 16, 2020, 03:38:58 am »

"Linea didn't say anything when Edwarg taking care of her injury, and the orc himself finished the procedure quickly as asked.

"You're good to go." he nodded, showing her a smile that makes Linea felt like a sick kid on her first doctor visit. "Don't ruin my hard work by getting hurt again, yeah?"

"You will have all the time in the world watching over me once I am done with those officials. And have those pixie's matter resolved."

Linea reached her satchel bag and gave the gauntlet she purchased a while back to Edwarg.

"A gift? Why thank you! And the size is perfect, how thoughtful!"

"Don't flatter yourself, Snewden. I found it in some ruins. It is heavy and had been weighing down my loadout for a while now. So, good riddance I guess." she clapped her laps, demurely trying to avoid eye contact.

"Wear it when handling the pixie. You won't get clawed and get infection, and that's one less thing to worry about. I have to go now."

Linea walked to the mayor's office. One of the mayor's henchmen greeted her and ushered her to the mayor's chamber, where she had been expected.

Linea knocked on the door gently.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 03:51:58 am by Slyph »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: April 16, 2020, 03:54:56 am »

"Oh, that must be her."

Dixie opens the door, letting Linea in. Immediately, she notices the bandage on her arm. "Hello. Wait, what happened to you? Is it the pixie?"

She hovered a hand close to it and sent healing magic through it. "You opened the cage, didn't you... We could've just had that armoured guy carry it."

Dixie turns to the mayor, then Linea. "Oh yeah, he has things to say about the lake. Frog monsters, they abduct people. You drew the lake, yes?"
I have a YouTube channel.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: April 16, 2020, 04:29:08 am »

"Hush now." she whispered to Dixie. "I don't want to talk about it now."

Stepping forward, Linea spared a few greetings to the mayor before coming back to be a no-nonsense agent.

"I answered your summon. What do you want?"

"
Dixie turns to the mayor, then Linea. "Oh yeah, he has things to say about the lake. Frog monsters, they abduct people. You drew the lake, yes?"

"Yes, I made some sketch based on what I saw when we went exploring the tower. Frog monster abducting people you say? Pardon for my intrusiveness and belatedness to attend this meeting but I would like to hear again about this frog and the lake issue."
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 04:40:26 am by Slyph »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: April 16, 2020, 06:08:36 am »

I dunno why we got's a pixie out 'ere, but I does know why she' crazy as all hell-- 'er heads all fulla onea dem damn... THANGS...  An, since i's here, i' migh' know sommin'..  That Linea girl--- She tries tuh hard-- Gonna get 'erself an' somebody else hurt, but-- A' leas' she dinna kill is'onn.  I needs ya to pull sommore weeds. Up fer it?

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: April 16, 2020, 06:22:50 am »

Edwarg gently picked up the pixie from the ground then had it seated on a nearby bench. It was calm for now, so he tried to speak with it.

"Hello. I don't want to hurt you, it's okay now. Got some water for you." he poured the water in the thermos cap and brought it closer to the pixie's mouth."

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: April 16, 2020, 06:27:00 am »

Dularach crouches down to flo level to hold a proper conversation
"you must be who Jack was talking about, I hope I didn't frighten you cause it would be a shame if fear cloud the judgement of such a beautiful maiden, my name is Dularach what is yours miss?"

"Oh I'm not surprised, I just don't see many people in this village... lot's of *ahem* interesting characters in the past few days. It's a nice change of pace, and good for my bank balance too. Oh my name is Flo Roland, what can I help you with Dularach? I've already helped some of the other adventurers with magic consultation, if you have any magic related queries I'm the right person for the job! For the right fee."

"Okay, well, we'll just tell them ourselves to speed this thing up. It'd be great if you could give us a list of everyone kidnapped so far though.

"I don't know about other abductions, but I just want to know about my-"

"Hush now." she whispered to Dixie. "I don't want to talk about it now."

Stepping forward, Linea spared a few greetings to the mayor before coming back to be a no-nonsense agent.

"I answered your summon. What do you want?"

"

"Yes, I made some sketch based on what I saw when we went exploring the tower. Frog monster abducting people you say? Pardon for my intrusiveness and belatedness to attend this meeting but I would like to hear again about this frog and the lake issue."

"No, not frog monsters exactly."

The mayor pauses awkwardly for a moment. It's not sure if he's waiting for someone else to come in, or he's pondering where to start speaking.

"You might've heard rumours, some soldiers from the outside stayed at the tavern a couple weeks back. One of them was dragged out by some monster in the middle of the night and the others haven't been seen since. But that's not the full story..."

The mayor hesitated for a moment, adjusting his pince-nez.

"Before I go on, does this mean anything to anyone in this room?"

The mayor gingerly takes out a piece of fabric, with a Wind of the Rose emblem woven into it, and shows it to the assembled party.
:-(
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 142