Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120132 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1530 on: April 11, 2020, 08:48:02 am »

Let’s continue Northeast
Reeta goes NE

The two continued marching, even as the sun slowly turned deep orange on the western horizon. Before they knew it, cloying mist drifted into the region. It became thicker further ahead, an almost physical wall of white blocking the view. The surrounding trees were replaced by thinner and sicker version of themselves, bulbous forms dotting their surface. Grasses wilted from prolonged lack of sunlight, covered with white dust that billowed upon touch.

Realization dawned. It wasn't mist, but spores. Upon closer examination the fungal growths were slowly leaking minute amount. There's got to be a truly staggering amount of them to form the seemingly solid wall of mist, that not even five paces forward was visible. Who knows what lurked further in.

What would you do?
we should leave
Run Southwest
((you missed a few bits))

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: April 11, 2020, 09:20:31 am »

Scampering back several times faster than their arrival, Reeta and the slayer fled the mist as fast as they could move. Nothing seemed to pursue, but the layer of fine white powder coating their forms were an entirely new source of concern.

The slayer tripped uncountable times once darkness set in, but otherwise they arrived at the riverbank without much fanfare. There's the choice of marching through the darkness, not mentioning the deceptively dangerous river, but at the same time camping out wasn't exactly safe what's with all the rabid animals going around.

What would you do?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 11, 2020, 09:23:51 am »

Book it to town, try memorizing which sorts of the river are solid to make it over and to the town, head for the apocathary
Please help me! I’ve seen that a fungus is causing the plant deaths, and I need to get these spores off!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 09:53:42 am by Naturegirl1999 »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 11, 2020, 10:02:06 am »

Dixie and Linea begin searching for the small lime-haired girl and her huge bodyguard, while seeming inconspicuous by just walking around. and making sure their targets don't notice them first.
I have a YouTube channel.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 11, 2020, 10:27:56 am »

Rolled 19/20, river crossed without getting stuck.

It was almost miraculous how the two backtracked to the village without any trouble. The sun haven't rose yet but rays were visible at eastern horizon and it was slowly brightening. Probably too early for anyone to be awake, save the guards, but who knows? Maybe the apothecary was an early riser.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 11, 2020, 10:29:32 am »

head for the apocathary
Please help me! I’ve seen that a fungus is causing the plant deaths, and I need to get these spores off!

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 11, 2020, 10:43:39 am »

Dixie and Linea begin searching for the small lime-haired girl and her huge bodyguard, while seeming inconspicuous by just walking around. and making sure their targets don't notice them first.

They had been walking for quite a while not. Not sure if Dixie just choosing them the scenic route or just forget the location, so Linea asked.

"So this merchant of yours has no permanent shop in this village?"

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 11, 2020, 11:30:49 am »

The pair try to seek out the little girl and her bodyguard but are unable to find them.

"Thank you for the books, and for showing me that I can become a wizard, now I shall leave you to your books while I go and learn how to gun wizard."

With that Burt left the library and found a secluded place in the town to skim through both books and discover what kind of things he could learn from them.

Doctor Doak gives up on looking for Jack and sits down to practice growing some plants and drawing mana from them to grow other plants.

While the meal cooked, Jack ripped chunks of the large mushroom off the log, and alternated between feeding it to mama, and taking bites out himself, while idly looking through the book on druidic magic he had borrowed, but not had time to properly read. Mama was sitting on the ground beside him, on the side furthest from the fire, as he leaned against the trunk of the tree, doing his best to read in the dim firelight... The mood was light, and he was curious to see if it would be as amusing as he thought it would be.

((A small bonus will be applied to each magic reading/learning attempt and updated later, for now I'm skipping this bit because time has advanced to next morning.))

The sun haven't rose yet but rays were visible at eastern horizon and it was slowly brightening.

Time has progressed to next day. It is now early morning.

head for the apocathary

The apothecarist opens the door, peering cautiously at the plant girl and the armored adventurer behind her.

"Uh, oh my. Are you the new adventurer? Come on in."

The apothecarist ushers Reeta and The Greenskins Holocaust inside. Since the two washed themselves after making contact with the spores they seem to have avoided the worst of any effects they might have. Just to make sure though the apothecarist hands a tiny bottle of antidote to each, specifically for dealing with fungi-derived toxins, to each and tells them to ingest it immediately upon feeling any sort of dizziness or numbness. She certifies that it should deal with any symptoms they exhibit and neutralize it immediately.

Reeta and The Greenskins Holocaust gain Bottle of Fungal Antidote, lose 1g each.

Meanwhile in the Adventurer Boarding House, a messenger boy stands waiting for the first adventurer to come out so he can relay the message he was sent to give them.
:-(

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 11, 2020, 11:40:41 am »

Thank you. Do you know of any way to get rid of the spores before they start growing?

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 11, 2020, 12:10:46 pm »

Dularach stomps towards Jack's hut
"Jack are you wake? i've been in my burrow resting since the last time i saw you all."
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 11, 2020, 12:20:37 pm »

Thank you. Do you know of any way to get rid of the spores before they start growing?

"I have my suspicions but first, could you tell me how you got these spores on you... what type of place did you get yourselves into?"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 12:23:30 pm by Frank »
:-(

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 11, 2020, 12:22:42 pm »

Jack yawned, and heaved as deep a breath in as he could, with 500+lbs of bear laying sprawled out on top of him.  He was getting more and more used to it, but it was still a bit uncomfortable in the mornings.

The knocking came again and rattled the timbers of his roof, sending small puffs of dust down. Whatever was knocking was gonna knock the whole roof in if it didnt stop-- He roused mama, then took a moment to take in the voice.

Recollection dawned in his sleepy brain.

Is tha' YOU big guy? he shouted up through the roof incredulously, after covering mama's sensitive ears for her. Ya mean ta tell me ya been SLEEPIN' this whole damn time!? Damn, and people think's I'm good for nuthin!

Jack laughed, then uncovered mama's ears.  She looked at him like he was insane, but he just smiled at her, and planted a great big kiss on her face, and rubbed her ears.

Be righ' out! Gimme a min'it!

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 11, 2020, 12:28:11 pm »

"take your time Jack, i can wait"
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 11, 2020, 12:29:52 pm »

"I have my suspicions but first, could you tell me how you got these spores on you... what type of place did you get yourselves into?"
”we went north, and were attacked by 4 pixies, Dixie helped us by capturing one, and killing another, one ran away, and Slayer killed the last one. Then we went northeast and crossed a river, where we found the spores northeast of the other bank, so north, northeast, northeast”

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 11, 2020, 12:37:30 pm »

WHAT!? (is that!?)

Demanded mama, holding jack down.

Jack tried his best to explain what Dula was-- but it seemed to only cause a sense of alarm and panic in Mama. Memories of that first day, seeing the enormous 50ft spider, as she dragged Jack into the woods kept crashing through at him like hard waves against a rocky shore.

Just just hugged her, and radiated amusement and calm at her.  Eventually, she felt he was completely insane, but agreed that going outside the hut was the best chance at escape.  He kept telling her that escape was not needed, he was just big, not dangerous, and to just trust him.

Jack was amused-- It was his turn to be the anchor of calm in the face of irrational fear.  He nuzzled her, played with her ears, then slipped on his clothes, all the while being eyed by mama, who's eyes looked like little white rings around dark disks.

He crawled out of the opening in the front of the hut, and out into the morning light.  Mama stayed just inside, ready to haul tail across the countryside, and drag her man with her at the first sign of trouble. Jack just laughed.

G'mornin Fella! he called up at Dula, who was leaning non-chalantly against the very tall pine Jack's house was propped up by. What can I do fer ya? Sorry it took so long te git outta bed-- Mama's convinced yer gonna eat me!
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 142