Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120393 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1200 on: March 19, 2020, 11:07:40 am »

Mama moved to the other side of the table, and sat across from Jack.

He heaved a big, heavy sigh of relief.  He was honestly terrified of how angry she was at him right now-- He really was very sorry he had not taken her with him, when he had drug that metal moron to the clink--- but you cannot fix the past.  Only fix the now, and hope for the future.  He really did not want Mama mad at him anymore. She really needed to know that the conversation was completely benign-- She had never experienced anything more complicated than the 2-way only exchanges she had been sharing with him-- and he could tell, secretly-- that she did not want to give them up-- ever-- which was why she wanted him to stay with her--- forever--...

Among other reasons.

she was selfish-- did not want to share him with anyone or anything-- but was full of reasons to make exceptions for those feelings with conscious thoughts, without actually quelling the jealousy.  She was putting him in an impossible position.

He really did not know if this would work-- But he would do his damnedest to try.

He could feel her eyes on him, and he nodded.  He collected a heaping helping of sausage and bacon, and plopped it on her plate for her, took a sensible portion for himself, grabbed one with two fingers, took a bite, then laid his head down on the table similarly to how she had just done, and opened his mind wide.

He relaxed... let his limbs go limp.  Felt her all around him-- --damn she was mad----  Carefully-- He forced his ears to hear, struggling to find the balance between a quality connection with her, and percieving the conversations in the room, so that she could benefit from it.  Eventually, he found the right mix-- The perception of the room was a bit like how listening through a long 2 inch diameter tube is-- Full of the rush of one's own ear, flooding over the top of a distorted and "tinny" sounding bent to everything you hear through it-- but it was good enough.

He heard the words in the room, and understood them-- simultaneously sharing that understanding with Mama- as the words were spoken.  It was tedious and hard as hell to keep up, but she needed this.  He needed this.

He loved her.  He loved her so much....

He spoke, but it came out kinda groggy sounding, responding to the conversation between Reeta and Lae, and letting Mama listen in on it.

Which.. is .. worse?  Anim..als.. Eating Plants.  Or-- Animals.. Eating.. Animals?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 11:18:21 am by wierd »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 19, 2020, 11:48:09 am »

thank you Reeta says to the barkeep

Reeta then takes a bite of the sausage, when her mouth is closed, roots grow inside her mouth, breaking up the sausage and distributing it throughout her body. She wordlessly continues eating the meat, thinking to herself that she should eat like this more often. After she is done with some sausage, she walk s over to Laemmie while holding her plate, Laemmie, remember when I guessed whether or not I could eat? I can! This tastes good, would you like some? She sees that Laemmie is eating seeds. She looks at the seeds, the. Back at Laemmie. how...how often do you eat plants?

"Well, you see. Humans need to eat edible plants beside meat.

On my homeland Saint Haven. My early life as church girl, mostly crop based from the backyard along with meat.

As an adopted noble girl, depends on the chef's made.

As a knight, the issued food were contained local vetables such as carrots, cabbage and onions along with roasted meat.

For now as adventuring, it was depend on the menu list." Laemmle replied.
I’m not considered food, right?

He spoke, but it came out kinda groggy sounding, responding to the conversation between Reeta and Lae, and letting Mama listen in on it.

Which.. is .. worse?  Anim..als.. Eating Plants.  Or-- Animals.. Eating.. Animals?
there are some plants that grow on other plants, there are some that eat animals, it makes sense that there are animals a]that eat plants as well as animals that eat animals. I will not let myself get eaten

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 19, 2020, 11:49:42 am »

Jack chuckled-- sounding a little drunk.

Nob..ody.. think's yer food.. Reetie...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 19, 2020, 11:51:37 am »

Jack chuckled-- sounding a little drunk.

Nob..ody.. think's yer food.. Reetie...
good. Why are you slurred, you remind me of people at the taverns

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 19, 2020, 11:53:51 am »

He chuckled again.

This.. IS a tav..tavn. Tavern... No-- I'm no' Drunk....Mama wanns ta know... what w'r sayin... I's.. ... HARD...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 19, 2020, 11:58:35 am »

He chuckled again.

This.. IS a tav..tavn. Tavern... No-- I'm no' Drunk....Mama wanns ta know... what w'r sayin... I's.. ... HARD...
oh? I thought this was an inn. I thought the tavern was a selerste building. Would it be possible for me to talk with Mama? Using you as translator? Laemmie, I am interested in coming with you tomorrow. I’m going to collect ingredients for Benuto, but I will still help with your objective as well

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: March 19, 2020, 12:04:19 pm »

I’m not considered food, right?
"For us yes.

But for monsters,  I guess they do.

Don't worry. As a Guardian and as long as you are in my party. I will protect you!" Laemmle replied to Reeta with a confident.

oh? I thought this was an inn. I thought the tavern was a selerste building. Would it be possible for me to talk with Mama? Using you as translator? Laemmie, I am interested in coming with you tomorrow. I’m going to collect ingredients for Benuto, but I will still help with your objective as well

"Well then, after you finish eating the food. Take some rest, we will do the side quest tomorrow and you are in for expedition on the future." She continued.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: March 19, 2020, 12:10:42 pm »

Ok Reeta takes about 10 minutes to eat all of the food on her plate, then looks for the barkeep thank you. This was really good. I think I have to pay, but I don’t have money, is there something I can do in lieu of money?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: March 19, 2020, 12:12:06 pm »

He felt like his head would melt.  Talking, AND translating at the same time was almost too much. He felt a little nauseated.

He momentarily shut out the room for a moment of relief, breathed a few seconds, then directed his thoughts exclusively to Mama.

(You want to)Try? (that?  "Speaking?")
Maybe. (I will try, if you want to.)

She was still mad at him, but very interested in this experience-- She had no idea that so much could be conveyed in those sounds, so quickly-- If it weren't for Jack, she couldn't keep up with it.  It was so much more than she thought could be done, and the control needed to adjust the pitch, tone-- speed--- She could tell Jack's reponses had been detected as unusual because of the change in speed and clarity.  It was a stunning revelation for her.

She wasn't sure she wanted to try.

He smirked, and stuffed another bite of sausage into his mouth, while trying to convince her that she should try it-- He wasn't sure it would work, but he would do everything he could to help her do it.

She wanted to know if he meant with her voice, or his---  The question was an odd one.. But the answer was obvious, at least to him.  She couldn't make the sounds good enough-- any more than he could properly make the "happy bear sounds" for her, when she needed to hear them.  She flashed a moment of mirth at him, before returning the irritated emotional droning she had been in for the past few minutes.  She WAS curious how he was going to let her use HIS mouth.

He really wasn't sure either. He'd try to take her concepts, and make the sounds-- but otherwise have to completely blank his mind. It would be even harder than what he was already doing, but he would do anything for her.

Hesitantly, she accepted the offer.

--

Jack's face went almost completely slack, along with the rest of his body- the voice that came out sounded very peculiar.

Does.. this... work?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: March 19, 2020, 12:17:08 pm »

yes it does. How did you find Jack, and why does he call you Mama?

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: March 19, 2020, 12:19:50 pm »

"For tonight, it's my treat." Laemmle replied on Reeta who was concern the payment of her food.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: March 19, 2020, 12:22:27 pm »

"For tonight, it's my treat." Laemmle replied on Reeta who was concern the payment of her food.
thank you

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: March 19, 2020, 12:33:36 pm »

Mama was perplexed by the question. The concept of a personal name was completely alien to her. Individuals had smells, not sounds associated with them. The comprehension of what the sound "Mama" meant, drifted in from Jack's almost completely sedated mind-- He couldn't form a thought of his own right now if he tried-- and conversely, he couldn't hide any secrets from her either.  The raging maelstrom of his mind had been suppressed to a gentle breeze, if even that. The concept she found, fishing around inside him, was that he called all female bears that were fully grown "mama", impulsively-- It fit the fierce, powerful and intense protective natures they had for their cubs almost perfectly-- But for her, it had taken on a special meaning. A private meaning, completely detached from its origin. A meaning that did not have a sound of its own, so he substituted the old one.

He.. Just..... Does...

the rate that Jack's mouth formed the words, and the somewhat slobbery intonations were vexing, but he was trying so hard, that he literally could do nothing about it.

He.. Helped.. Me.  Even with his help, finding the words for her feelings was hard. Not all feelings had words that fully expressed them, Some had many words for them, and picking the right one was touchy--  She was afraid of messing up. 
There.. was.. Pain...  Anger.....  I . was...   Angry.. Fighting..     He... .. wrapped... me ... in.. Calm.. Love... Safe...

She growled. The sounds did not fully convey the meaning! What he had wrapped her in--on that first time their minds touched--- it was so wonderful, no sound could ever embody it, and the words came out so flat!

THIS.. HARD!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 12:36:40 pm by wierd »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: March 19, 2020, 12:39:52 pm »

It took me a while to learn speech too, esoecially since most I came across this place were bandits. It;s good that he helped with the pain. Will me using less words make talking easier?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: March 19, 2020, 12:53:59 pm »

Not.... Not ...the ...problem...  Words...  Hard .. to choose.. say... So many... What .. right.. ones?

She growled again irritably.

... Love.. Jack....  .... ... "Love". Not.. good enough... No word.... Such.. Feeling... I .. Keep.. Him...  Mine..  My .. Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 142