Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119817 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #795 on: March 02, 2020, 09:10:38 am »

INCORRECT! shouts the old man, holding the head higher.

No where in your rules does it say WHICH king's head! Nor, in what way it can be removed! IN FACT-- THE RULES SAY--

Jack walks back up to the book, and reads aloud the appropriate portion.

"For this game you can use your piece’s attacks and special abilities, as well as your own attacks and techniques though they may not be as effective in this battle. " -- In o'er words-- WHAT I JUS' DID IS TOTALLY LEAGAL. NOW OPEN THE DAMN DOOR, PEBBLE TITS!

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 02, 2020, 09:24:08 am »

INCORRECT! shouts the old man, holding the head higher.

No where in your rules does it say WHICH king's head! Nor, in what way it can be removed! IN FACT-- THE RULES SAY--

Jack walks back up to the book, and reads aloud the appropriate portion.

"For this game you can use your piece’s attacks and special abilities, as well as your own attacks and techniques though they may not be as effective in this battle. " -- In o'er words-- WHAT I JUS' DID IS TOTALLY LEAGAL. NOW OPEN THE DAMN DOOR, PEBBLE TITS!

The woman has maintained the same posture since the conversation began. She replies in the same flat voice.

"I did not make the rules, nor did I write them in the book. I am merely an arbiter. You may pass by besting the King-"

She motions with her arm outstretched, at the illusion of the enemy piece behind her.

"-or by admitting defeat. The door remains closed until then. The choice is all yours to make."

She awaits the party's response.
:-(

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 02, 2020, 09:27:07 am »

You may not have written the rules, but you claim to uphold them. You are doing neither-- You are a disgrace to the image you represent-  Accept your defeat, or go away. You do not get to dictate here, you lost.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 02, 2020, 09:32:47 am »

Dixie sneaks a glance at her side, wondering if Lucy's staring at the busty marble automaton or not.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 09:37:41 am by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 02, 2020, 09:51:05 am »

Dixie sneaks a glance at her side, wondering if Lucy's staring at the busty marble automaton or not.
Lucy seemed to be in a daze, holding a bishop in hand. When did he even took it? Well, regardless, one of the white bishop turned around and waved at her before returning to its position. As if on cue, Lucy snapped back to attention afterward.

"That's a well-made projection, for sure." He remarked.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 02, 2020, 09:55:26 am »

Jack decides he needs to demonstrate to the mechanical minx that he does in fact, have the head.

Feeling profoundly cheeky, he places the head of the headless king, in the headless king's hands, then gives it a squeeze, channeling every bit of contempt he can into the closed fist, until the appropriate apparition appears.

[King's aparition, lifting its own head aloft]

HERE'S YOUR DAMN HEAD, COGWHEEL CROTCH! DENY WHAT IT IS AT YOUR OWN PERIL! OPEN THE DOOR!

Jack snaps back to attention, and glares at the statue menacingly.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 02, 2020, 10:02:18 am »

"Oh god I don't want to play chess, I haven't got the patients for it nor do I have the patients for all this yelling."
Burt raises his rifle and shoots the enemy king in the face, hopefully doing something to it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 02, 2020, 10:02:47 am »

"Did you just... control one of the... " Dixie looks wide-eyed at Lucy then at the bishop.

"So that's how that works. "

She gently thumbs the back of Lucy's hand that holds hers, for no particular reason.

"How old are you again?" She asked him quietly.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 02, 2020, 10:11:04 am »

"It's a nice feature, if we're not too tired to appreciate it."

He placed the piece back on the board.

"A lot older than you, perhaps. Or not, depend on how you see things."

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 02, 2020, 11:10:43 am »

Linea had never been a patient woman, her temper was bad and she was tired, hungry and, like everyone else, fed up with all the gimmicks this tower had.

But the idea of venting anger to a statue didn't seem to be very appealing right now. She might had one or two problems with anger management, but it didn't mean she had lost her sanity.

"-or by admitting defeat. The door remains closed until then. The choice is all yours to make."

"Let's just say we are giving up!" She yelled before sitting down on the floor, conserving her energy for something more useful than igniting some stone head until it was full of soot.

"We won't be going anywhere with this one-sided disputes.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 11:14:13 am by Slyph »

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 02, 2020, 11:39:15 am »

You may not have written the rules, but you claim to uphold them. You are doing neither-- You are a disgrace to the image you represent-  Accept your defeat, or go away. You do not get to dictate here, you lost.

"Scarcely my defeat, since I am not your opponent. I merely judge."

Jack decides he needs to demonstrate to the mechanical minx that he does in fact, have the head.

Feeling profoundly cheeky, he places the head of the headless king, in the headless king's hands, then gives it a squeeze, channeling every bit of contempt he can into the closed fist, until the appropriate apparition appears.

[King's aparition, lifting its own head aloft]

HERE'S YOUR DAMN HEAD, COGWHEEL CROTCH! DENY WHAT IT IS AT YOUR OWN PERIL! OPEN THE DOOR!

Jack snaps back to attention, and glares at the statue menacingly.

The woman holds up her hands, projecting an enlarged illusion of the rulebook in front of her, the pages facing the players.

"You are correct in that you have to defeat the king, or 'take his head' as it is written in the book. However if we stick stringently to the letter of the law, you should pertain to this earlier sentence as well."

The relevant passage begins to glow.

Once all able combatants have picked a piece they will be projected to their positions on the field and the game will begin in earnest.

"Two among you have picked up pieces, quite recently. But not everyone did, and the game never started. I judge it near impossible to win a contest that has yet to start. This too is written in the book, you can see the words written therein are the same in your copy.

Burt raises his rifle and shoots the enemy king in the face, hopefully doing something to it.

The bullet passes harmlessly through the enemy King. The King blows a raspberry at Burt.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 02, 2020, 11:42:37 am »

Not e'eryone wants to play, lady. That's why they didna take any pieces. Yer quibblin' and ye know it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 12:24:24 pm by wierd »

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 02, 2020, 12:19:29 pm »

Not everyone wants to play, lady. That's why they did not take pieces. You are quibbling.

"All who wish to play, state your intent to me and pick up your pieces. The game will commence after. If the majority assents instead to concede, I will accept your resignation and the door beyond will open."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 02, 2020, 12:24:29 pm »

Jack spat on the ground, and dropped the king piece, VERY conspicuously, with lots of contempt.

I fer one, DO NOT want ta play your game. OR ANY GAMES AT ALL. If there be anyone here who DOES want to play this bitch's game, they can play it with 'er all they want. I say we give 'er de FINGER, and give 'er 'er damn concession. Let 'er gloat in 'er damn hole. I'm outta here.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 02, 2020, 04:20:53 pm »

"I don't wanna play either. It doesn't matter if we win in this one, right? I don't see an upside in wasting our time here. "
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 142