Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119756 times)

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #165 on: January 30, 2020, 12:59:11 pm »

Doctor Doak looks downtrodden. :(

Then he gathers his notes, and heads to the apothecary and the sorceror, to see if they can figure out anything about the bright green fluid found in the gnolls' spines or the sprouting leaves in their brains.

Doctor Doak makes his way to the apothecary.

The apothecarist takes the notes from him and listens to his description of the anomalies found on the gnolls' bodies.

"Hmm... I couldn't say for sure what this fluid is. If it were simple mind control magic it wouldn't leave a conspicuous trace like this, and in any case the sorcerer could have dispelled it and we wouldn't need help from the outside. Also the creatures don't behave in the usual manner of a mind-controlled beast, which charge at you in a straight line. They're adept at attacking in large groups, the more of them there are the more rabid and cunning their assaults become. I haven't heard of any magic user who could control a forest full of animals like this... but it could be possible."

She pauses for a moment as if recollecting some thoughts, then snaps her fingers in realization.

"Ah! I think I have seen something like this before though. Must be more than a decade now, but we had a nature mage pass by here. She was on the hunt for rare mushrooms or some such in the forest. She had just the one spell, she could make grass grow at double speed!"

The apothecarist giggles.

"We never were sure if her spell worked, but there was a sort of green ooze left behind on the grass where she cast the spell. It might've exuded a similar energy to to what you discovered on the gnolls. Unfortunately there's not much else I can ascertain with what I have. You'll need to head into the forest, recover more samples perhaps, or find some other clues as to what's causing them to go berserk."

The apothecarist also informs Doctor Doak that the sorcerer hasn't been seen since morning. He goes out often and to her knowledge he hasn't returned yet.

Afterwards, bum around town looking for bits and pieces to construct a crossbow and fashion some bolts.

Doctor Doak recovers enough lumber and scrap metal to create a crossbow and a reasonable amount of bolts for it. However he doesn't have the required tools or knowledge to construct them.
:-(

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 30, 2020, 01:04:15 pm »

Laemmle give plate of pancakes to Aven, smiling.
"Oh, thank you!" Aven takes the plate happily.

Dixie crosses arms while sighing.

"If she douses another one of us with hot soup again, I'm gonna kill him for real even if I die trying." Dixie glares at Aven, her murderous intent made as visible as she could. She then closed his eyes to relax, then glanced calmly at Aven again.

Please describe how he looks again.

"Have you figured which direction they're specifically coming from? Do they come in waves? How organized are they?"

Aven is wearing a standard leather vest, with typical villager clothes underneath. His medium-length brown hair is combed in a very neat and tidy fashion. His posture is upright and professional, and his facial expression exudes friendliness, now mixed with a bit of concern as he witnesses Dixie's hostile glare.

"They seem to be coming from all over the forest. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to their raids, although there has been more and more of them lately. They aren't very organized at all, more like savage beasts turned even more savage. Although, they do seem to recognize each other -- I've never seen them attack one another, even species that are usually not prone to such unquestioned unity."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 01:07:16 pm by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 30, 2020, 02:04:36 pm »

Arriving late to the party, One-Eye staggers up to where he can see the meeting area, swaying slightly from the hangover. The lack of depth perception, mixed with blurry vision, was difficult to deal with.

He heaved in a deep breath, then gathered up his willpower.  Despite his condition, he needed to put his best foot forward.. (well, not too far forward... ) Steadying himself with his walking stick, he walked into the village square. With any luck, he could pass it off as just being old.

At least one familiar face was unmistakable.  How he managed to not knock over houses on the way in still remained a mystery-- worse still, how he wasnt hung-over like he himself was, was further enigmatic. One-eye chalked it up to being supernatural.

Must be nice... he thought to himself.

There was a man handing out something to the others in the group, talking with the woman who had slapped the guard the night before; and there was a smell of... pancakes?...  His stomach was a bit sour from last night's drinking antics at the inn, but maybe he could save some for later. For now, he wandered up to the man at the front.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 02:13:37 pm by wierd »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 30, 2020, 04:06:11 pm »

Afterwards, bum around town looking for bits and pieces to construct a crossbow and fashion some bolts.

Doctor Doak recovers enough lumber and scrap metal to create a crossbow and a reasonable amount of bolts for it. However he doesn't have the required tools or knowledge to construct them.

((Doctor Doak has the ability Jury-rigged, for just such an occasion))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 30, 2020, 05:10:37 pm »

Maslarein had been stuffing his face with pancakes, at first eating at the pace of a normal person, but shovelling more and more food into his mouth the longer he ate. As he finished his plate, he was about to get more, but saw that most of the pancakes had been taken by what appears to be a giant. Oh well. “Ha! Those pancakes were delicious, but there are monsters to slay and people to save! So we must be off! As soon as everyone’s finished their food! Or now, if anyone’s willing! HaHa!

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 30, 2020, 07:51:55 pm »

"They seem to be coming from all over the forest. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to their raids, although there has been more and more of them lately. They aren't very organized at all, more like savage beasts turned even more savage. Although, they do seem to recognize each other -- I've never seen them attack one another, even species that are usually not prone to such unquestioned unity."

"So, something's definitely controlling them. Could be someone. If they're coming from everywhere, it must be because instead of getting pushed towards us by something out there, they're getting pulled towards us by something in here. Who'd gain the most from this village getting attacked by monsters... or, who'd have something that the monsters are looking for..."

"Do the monsters prioritize whoever's most powerful, or whoever's closest?"
I have a YouTube channel.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 30, 2020, 08:56:18 pm »

Laemmle give plate of pancakes to Aven, smiling.
"Oh, thank you!" Aven takes the plate happily.

Dixie crosses arms while sighing.

"If she douses another one of us with hot soup again, I'm gonna kill him for real even if I die trying." Dixie glares at Aven, her murderous intent made as visible as she could. She then closed his eyes to relax, then glanced calmly at Aven again.

Please describe how he looks again.

"Have you figured which direction they're specifically coming from? Do they come in waves? How organized are they?"

Aven is wearing a standard leather vest, with typical villager clothes underneath. His medium-length brown hair is combed in a very neat and tidy fashion. His posture is upright and professional, and his facial expression exudes friendliness, now mixed with a bit of concern as he witnesses Dixie's hostile glare.

Not organized, Savage, and Unquestioned Unity. Those things sound like. "A waaagghh..." He said under his breath.

The ironclad slayer predicted that the greenskins would come and attack this town, but he didn't expect it would be this big as a WAAGGHH! 

Things are more dire than he thought. If a WAAAGHH is coming, it means that they would be facing not just a few dozens of greenskins, but hundreds or even thousands if greenskins. Not to mention, the biggest and baddest in the region will be there to party as well.

He stared at the maiden who distributed pancakes and shakes his head. He didn't thought he would do coup de grace the day she met her. It was too soon.

The ironclad slayer walked towards Aven who is talking to acrobat girl, and interrupted their conversation.

"You guys need to get out of here or you are screwed! A WAAAGGHH is coming and this place would be the slaughter house!"

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 30, 2020, 09:12:41 pm »

There was a man handing out something to the others in the group, talking with the woman who had slapped the guard the night before; and there was a smell of... pancakes?...  His stomach was a bit sour from last night's drinking antics at the inn, but maybe he could save some for later. For now, he wandered up to the man at the front.

"Good morning, sir!" Aven waves to the older adventurer approaching him. "Hope you had a good night's rest."

He hands the man his share of the gold pieces that he had been handing out to all the adventurers. "A few coins to purchase any adventuring supplies. There are a few shops nearby, including a blacksmith, an apothecary, and a general market." Aven gestures in various directions, indicating the whereabouts of each.

"So, something's definitely controlling them. Could be someone. If they're coming from everywhere, it must be because instead of getting pushed towards us by something out there, they're getting pulled towards us by something in here. Who'd gain the most from this village getting attacked by monsters... or, who'd have something that the monsters are looking for..."

"Do the monsters prioritize whoever's most powerful, or whoever's closest?"

"That's an interesting theory..." Aven ponders for a moment. "I guess they seem to just attack whoever is closest, for the most part. If someone or something is indeed controlling these creatures to attack us, I don't know what they could possibly want from us. We're just simple village folk..."

The ironclad slayer walked towards Aven who is talking to acrobat girl, and interrupted their conversation.

"You guys need to get out of here or you are screwed! A WAAAGGHH is coming and this place would be the slaughter house!"

"A whaa?..." Aven looks a bit confused at the ironclad adventurer. "Must we really evacuate? For many of us, this has been our home all our lives. I'm not sure if we could just leave..." Aven frowns, unsure of what to think.

((Doctor Doak has the ability Jury-rigged, for just such an occasion))
((Ah, right~!))

Doctor Doak has begun constucting the crossbow. It will take a bit of time before it's ready.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 30, 2020, 11:10:14 pm »

The ironclad slayer held both of Aven's shoulders and looked him directly in the eyes. "If you don't want to leave then build a waaaalll!"

"I and our little adventurer crew will take care of the greenskin warboss. Your village will serve as a distraction, the citizens here must build a wall around 24ft high! That should give us enough time to massacre through their ranks and kill the warboss saving your little town in the process."

"Greenskins are simple, cut the head of biggest and meanest and they will immediately route. Best case scenario is that they will go back fighting with each other, squabbling like the savages they are. It would probably end up in an all out battle royale!!!" The ironclad slayer let out malicious giggle after saying battle royal. "A geeenskin blood fiesta in which I am invited!!"

"So build those damn walls you understand me. Build the wall!!!"

« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 11:14:04 pm by invul_nerable »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2020, 04:10:09 am »

The iron clad imbecile was making the headache worse.  Endlessly shouting.

Can you please just shut the F@#&^ up? Jack huffed, holding a hand to his forehead.

First-- there ain't no F#&*( "Greenskins" in there--- he continued, still rubbing his eyebrows. And If'n there was, I woulda known about'it on the way up 'ere. Second-- he lowered his hand and leaned on his stick a little heavier, while turning his bloodshot gaze at the armored nitwit. Nearly your whole plan o'action is based on the F#^$ stupid idea, that there is, which THEY AINT--.  What' in dere is sump'n else entirely.  Aint never felt the like. Smart, like a man, but single minded in purpose like  beast, and all kinda wrong. Ther's one almost came inta town yest'rday. 'Bout stained muh damned shorts.

He looked in at this man people were calling Arvel.  He must be some kind of leader of some kind, the way everyone was nagging the poor bastard.

The bit about the wall is good medicine though.  If ye control where they try te' come in, ye can repell em better.  Set traps in places ye cain't patrol safely, and check from o'r the top  o the wall.  I can help.

His angry bloodshot eye darted quickly between Arvel, the iron clad moron, the lady in the dress, and then back to Arvel.

The lady got the right idea.  Find out about the critters. Know their motives-- why they 'r commin in to gut ya.  Aint nothin alive does things for no reason at 'tall. Find out what-- when, and why.  Meanwhile, work to ke'p 'em out. Good plan.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2020, 04:15:00 am »

The ironclad slayer stared at the hobo confusingly, No greenskins? This is absurd all the tell tale signs of a WAAAGHH is coming, and they will be here today or tommorow, actions must be done immediately.

Amazingly, as brutal he is against greenskin, the Ironclad slayer is extremely patient and understanding when it comes to other races. The old man is just probably ignorant on how greenskins act, however both of em agree on one thing. They must venture into the woods.

The ironclad slayer looked for the pancake goddess and offered her a partnership. "Pancake goddess! There you are! Wanna join me venturing into the woods?" He asked.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 04:44:23 am by invul_nerable »

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2020, 04:29:39 am »

Laemmle was about to serve One Eye Jack but currently frozen in shock from the words the One Eye Jack shouted out to ironclad.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 31, 2020, 04:40:37 am »

Dularach looks towards one eyed Jack
"you must have a strong hangover."
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2020, 05:01:19 am »

Laemmle was about to serve One Eye Jack but currently frozen in shock from the words the One Eye Jack shouted out to ironclad.
The pancake maiden wasn't replying, she seems to be in shock. He used his hand to see if she is paying attention but she seems to be lost in her thoughts. However, the Ironclad slayer had was persistent and he doesn't want no for an answer.  He pinched both her puffy cute cheeks and squeezed it.

"Heeeey pancake lady, I am talking to you, wanna team up?"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 05:10:04 am by invul_nerable »

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2020, 05:06:45 am »

Maslarein turned to the person shouting about Greenskins and raised his sword to the air, looking excited. “I haven’t really been paying attention, but I heard Venture and Woods in the same sentence, so I shall invite myself! HaHa, Onwards!

Maslarein points his sword towards the forest and strikes a heroic, ridiculous pose, ready to spring to action at any second. He hasn’t left yet, though. He’s waiting for his fellow adventurers to follow him into battle!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 142