Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Grim Idols [Turn 1: Evil Pays]  (Read 12893 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Grim Idols [Turn 1: Evil Pays]
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2020, 12:28:03 pm »

Jormungara can go get a mech from the lower floors and go and prepare herself a Mech and start her mission for the Ochyr-VII mission

Tarkarum Okai Varat can go and sign and do the Stop Diggadome Terrordom’s Rampage mission because Heroic synergy bonus

C0M-ER0N shall continue with a new set of research an Advanced Plasma Tasergun, utilizing the fancy technology of boiled ionized atoms to charge up an extremely powerful electric charge that can emit its stunning power against someone, and knocking them unconscious very powerfully, for personal usage.

Glamor Gals can with a newly constructed Workshop adjacent to C0MMY’s research, should go and repair Jormungara’s Mech, and if their isn’t enough time for that then they can go and assist Tarkarum.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 05:36:23 am by Shadowclaw777 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2020, 06:26:15 pm »

Also, those orders ok, IO?  Is the -2 fortune thing going to be horrific for an idol with 0 fortune and high max fortune?
Orders are fine but you'll need to spend an action on healing just one of your Idols if you want it to have a big impact.

-2 FORTUNE on an Idol with high max FORTUNE will be deeply embarrassing but no worse quantity-wise than on any other Idol. Think receiving threatening invoices for your couch payment plan while on your space yacht.

For now, I should search through these folders for some jobs for her. None of the current ones really fit her at all.

What is the Council even up to.
Without taking a full action to do serious research, you're stuck with obvious, always-available stuff.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2020, 06:29:49 pm »

Vic then will do healing and nothing else.  If the pampered group can't get enough pampering on that mission to get by, something's off.

The speech is also a healing attempt, that's the only thing my main character is doing.  If you mean I can only give a speech to one person, I'll do vic again.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2020, 07:54:38 pm »

So, Hydroponics Lab will need setting up. Since I'm getting it, can probably add that to the list of good rewards.

Right. Time to search.

Gig Search
Heroics: She is very specific against desk work. Not the first time I've seen it, given I used to be that way myself. So any gigs that don't involve more heroic work are out. Thankfully, plenty of those around here, so shouldn't have any issues.

Rewards: Rare Plants, Idol-grade Mech Parts, or seeds, lots of seeds for food that can be grown in the Hydroponic Lab I'll be buying. The latter will be useful for both charity work by growing them, and feeding ourselves. Can also sell them too. [Not that this is a dealbreaker if it doesn't have it.]

Longer term gigs are likely to be here, so I can save a few for later months and come back to them if no one has done them yet. Might even pass a few to one of the managers. Apparently that Gunboat has a contanct in this Snowspark, so.. We'll see.

Spoiler: GM Eyes only. (click to show/hide)

Well, I should see Mr. Aegis tomorrow. It will probably be a while before the Jim is done.

Tim keeps working now. See where everyone have set up on this floor. As well as contact some people to get a Hydroponics Lab set up to the right of her Prefab Hospital.

She also sees what it would cost to upgrade her Hospital's equipment. Later expenses, and only so much to work with. Being an Idol Manager is a lot more work than being an Idol...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2020, 03:58:44 pm »

Pay Knuckles 100 and the other three idols 50 each for their services last turn.

Cancer can go fight Terrordome. They're not Heroic, but hey, I bet people love gritty antiheroes or something. The crab can keep the plushy if they want.

Thrall should participate in the Charity Drive. She keeps one of the tickets, and the other goes to Knuckles. If someone asks why I insist on this just say something with a lot of tildes so that they get embarrassed and stop asking questions.

Cloyboi gets free reign on the recording studios for now, because I dunno what to do with him. I'm sure he can find something creative.

As for i-666, she(?) will grab the two redsteel chunks and a few "raccoons" and disappear into her(??) [Untranslatable](!?) to make a sweet new arm.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2020, 06:21:43 pm »

So, Hydroponics Lab will need setting up. Since I'm getting it, can probably add that to the list of good rewards.

Right. Time to search.

Gig Search
Heroics: She is very specific against desk work. Not the first time I've seen it, given I used to be that way myself. So any gigs that don't involve more heroic work are out. Thankfully, plenty of those around here, so shouldn't have any issues.

Rewards: Rare Plants, Idol-grade Mech Parts, or seeds, lots of seeds for food that can be grown in the Hydroponic Lab I'll be buying. The latter will be useful for both charity work by growing them, and feeding ourselves. Can also sell them too. [Not that this is a dealbreaker if it doesn't have it.]

Longer term gigs are likely to be here, so I can save a few for later months and come back to them if no one has done them yet. Might even pass a few to one of the managers. Apparently that Gunboat has a contanct in this Snowspark, so.. We'll see.

Spoiler: GM Eyes only. (click to show/hide)

Well, I should see Mr. Aegis tomorrow. It will probably be a while before the Jim is done.

Tim keeps working now. See where everyone have set up on this floor. As well as contact some people to get a Hydroponics Lab set up to the right of her Prefab Hospital.

She also sees what it would cost to upgrade her Hospital's equipment. Later expenses, and only so much to work with. Being an Idol Manager is a lot more work than being an Idol...

Garr meets you on a grimy rooftop, with a cigar in her mouth, a cup of some kind of stimulant in one hand, and a folder full of files under the other.

[1] There's a big Gig available here, but...

But.

"How skimpy a swimsuit?" you ask incredulously, staring at the files.

Garr shrugs. "Can't get access without being merchandise. They wouldn't be bad people if they didn't make people do bad things. Up to you."

You stare at it some more. It's a big bust, if you can pull it off. The Black Sun cartel are major criminal players, only very loosely shrouded behind "Black Sun Shipping" and their "shipping facility" used for... well, unsavory photo shoots is probably the least of it. Maybe the duckling hatchery. Not even Garr knows what that's for, but it's gotta be evil, right? Maybe they're eating them or something? Eventually?

The core of this hit, though, is an Agony Engine. If anything it's worse than it sounds, creating and then murdering clones to harvest their despair while also cycling souls through repeated resurrection and murder. Any thinking being could see that this is horribly wrong.

The problem is that intel reports that the victims are bad people and species themselves, so this is not a glamorous mission. On top of that, getting in would require producing some very compromising media in very high definition. Finally, the facility gives out free ice cream, which would make shutting it down actively unpopular. That the last one is sufficient to shield a murder engine probably tells you everything you need to know about why space is so terrible.

So... as Garr says, up to you. And Starlight Shield. On the bright side, nobody's likely to be able to stop them, so you'll probably have plenty of time.

Spoiler: TricMagic Eyes Only (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2020, 06:47:40 pm »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2020, 06:57:39 pm »

Dariel suggests to Ampere and Gunboat the defense mission and the Terrordome gig; he wants at least one of them doing the defense mission, but is willing to let the two of them decide between themselves (though if they are unable to come to an agreement swiftly, they are to get back to him so that he can decide).
(So we’re clear, both of them doing the defense mission is 100% acceptable, but neither of them doing it is not.)

Let’s also do maintenance on any still-damaged mechs - those used by either of my contractors first, if those are still in poor shape, or, if they aren’t, then any others in use, and if all of those are already in full condition, then do work on ones that nobody’s claimed yet.

Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2020, 10:16:34 am »

Spoiler: Chat Begins (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2020, 02:45:09 am »

Spoiler: Talking (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Some GM stuff (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2020, 02:57:01 pm »

Spoiler: Talking (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2020, 03:11:02 pm »

Spoiler: Talking (1) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Response 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Talking (2) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Response 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Talking (3) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Response 3 (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2020, 03:19:23 pm »

Spoiler: Talking (1) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Response 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: From Glass (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chat (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2020, 03:31:12 pm »

Spoiler: Discussion (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2020, 03:43:56 pm »

Spoiler: Discussion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Conclusion+GM Note (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12