Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Grim Idols [Turn 1: Evil Pays]  (Read 12947 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grim Idols [Turn 0: Exactly As Expected]
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2020, 12:59:40 am »

(No, I have a tank full of useless randos I got thrown at me because apparently I'm stuck in this turn 0 limbo forever.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2020, 01:00:39 am »

create the contract for Q. (Use her full name for contract creation)  While writing the contract, say the following. “Yes, you will get a contract, what is the name of this army you lead? Why is your smile fake?”

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2020, 01:02:00 am »

"Now that they've screwed up, get to it."

Order the remaining idols to defend the tank.  Keep moving around, looking for halo-girl

(That's five ones out of six dice, Irony.)
((Eh? I count [5][3][1][4][1][1] as the six most recent for you. That's still abysmal, but not 5/6.))

(I'm just utterly frustrated at not being able to recruit the idol I managed to see on turn one despite having those as my orders every single turn, and having additional idols thrown at me just when I had a group I could work with.)
((You went in hard first, then got bogged down. It's not like you've been trying to open the same door for six actions straight and it won't open; more like you tried to make yourself a sandwich and then get back to the door real quick, only the toaster ambushed you in between.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2020, 01:05:42 am »

(No, I have a tank full of useless randos I got thrown at me because apparently I'm stuck in this turn 0 limbo forever.)

((You have:
>Squad of Heavy Weapon Vines
>Literal walking weapons platform crabgirl
>Psionic Imp
>Catgirl

He is literally throwing high quality Idols at you!))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2020, 01:08:20 am »

((To be fair, the current challenge seems to be less finding powerful idols and more surviving them.))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2020, 01:11:26 am »

*Meanwhile, is just trying to find the fucking Audition Center so we can process people properly*
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2020, 01:14:50 am »

((He is literally throwing high quality Idols at you!))
((It's worth noting that "cool sounding" does not necessarily mean "useful." Someone can look totally badass or be carrying a huge gun and still be a very low-quality mook who's not very good at Idol-ing.

That said, Dev's still way ahead of a lot of other people in both resolving the riots and collecting the clients he wants.))

((To be fair, the current challenge seems to be less finding powerful idols and more surviving them.))
((That too! Lots of people are getting in brawls with applicants that are Idol-y enough to kick their asses, at least. Though especially in Dev's case, this is less useful with clusters using fancy hardware.))

*Meanwhile, is just trying to find the fucking Audition Center so we can process people properly*
(("Don't you see? The Audition Center was in your heart all along!"))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2020, 01:17:52 am »

(("Don't you see? The Audition Center was in your heart all along!"))
- -

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2020, 01:18:16 am »

((It's worth noting that "cool sounding" does not necessarily mean "useful." Someone can look totally badass or be carrying a huge gun and still be a very low-quality mook who's not very good at Idol-ing.

That said, Dev's still way ahead of a lot of other people in both resolving the riots and collecting the clients he wants.))

((Of course! Cool sounding is much better.

Stirk Returns to LURK MODE!))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2020, 01:19:32 am »

(alright, edited it.  And I don't consider it unreasonable to expect to be able to sign someone after a dozen or so pre-game turns.  I was kinda hoping for some sort of simulator game, not a pure RTD.

I suppose the unreasonable expectation was to be able to choose someone instead of just getting whoever you're lucky enough to end up with.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure most of these are pretty poor idols.  I'm sure some are okay, but I have no idea which, and if they were any good, they're now dead due to failing against the next batch of randos, meaning that I'm just going to be stuck with whatever random idol wins the fight.)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 01:32:08 am by Devastator »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2020, 01:20:10 am »

“Target Meatbag has refused peace talks, you had your chance to end this charade. Now it’s time to end this”

Glamor Gals and Jormungara can still do whatever their doing, the Gals still being a metal-body shield as C0MMY approaches the white-armored figure. In which the robot will use both of his robotic arms to crush the neck muscles and than asphyxiate this idol, until well she stops moving

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2020, 01:27:26 am »

(alright, edited it.  And I don't consider it unreasonable to expect to be able to sign someone after a dozen or so pre-game turns.  I was kinda hoping for some sort of simulator game, not a pure RTD.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure most of these are pretty poor idols.  Those evaluation rolls, and I don't know which traits belong to which idol)
((I do apologize for the bait n switch, this is indeed not the intent of the main game. I erroneously and predictably assumed you guys would be a little more focused than this. :P

I'll try to get things to get back on track fairly soon. Despite the general faff, most people have at least one prospective client and the rioters have taken quite a bit of disruption.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2020, 01:32:53 am »

((Even if we were all both competent as players and working together to handle this efficiently, we wouldn't be "focused" on account of RTD mechanics. :P))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2020, 01:36:02 am »

( I'm trying my best o_o )

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2020, 01:38:59 am »

((I enjoy this, even if it got derailed. It is still fun. After all, solving problems is part of the game, right?))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12