Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: AI Dungeon 2: AI Based Text Adventure  (Read 47334 times)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
Re: AI Dungeon 2: AI Based Text Adventure
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2019, 12:49:51 pm »

If the circle is still rotating, it means it is still loading. Sometimes it takes a while. Also, next time I play I should probably do the fantasy since it’s recommended

Define "a while". It's been spinning for well over an hour.

Edit: it's actually doing some different stuff this time when I run the page. I decided to try running it locally and was having fun trying to fix all the missing dependency errors, didn't get anywhere near fixing all of them but seems something got the ball rolling for the site.
Edit2: I'm actually getting the setting option now so I think it works.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 12:59:48 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2019, 12:52:45 pm »

If the circle is still rotating, it means it is still loading. Sometimes it takes a while. Also, next time I play I should probably do the fantasy since it’s recommended

Define "a while". It's been spinning for well over an hour.
It should not take that long. Mine took a good 5 minutes or so.

I'm using the 'uncensored' version found here: https://colab.research.google.com/drive/1OjBQe4H4C2s-p4-OeJoXw5DStIjPy2VS

Make a copy in your own drive (file -> save a copy in drive) then in your own copy click the first code block to download the files. Wait until it's done. Click the 2nd code block to run it. Should work after a few minutes.

Edit: Oh my god my crazy tower-obsessed AI finally replied.

This is actually kind of sad.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have to stop playing this. Just had one where a monster killed the village and when I attacked it every time I hit it, my mother would take the wound instead until the monster finally broke my damn neck. This AI is very interesting.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 01:37:14 pm by forsaken1111 »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2019, 09:21:54 pm »

forsaken, I found that to be quite hilarious. I noticed the AI broke roughly here:

It looks like it expected a quote and got an action instead. That or somehow cthulhu was inside the tower.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2019, 10:47:02 pm »

It reminds me a lot of lucid dreaming.  You have control over your actions, but everything you're not currently interacting with is constantly changing and shifting around, and sometimes you get stuck in weird loops or forget what you were doing, even if you're in control you're kind of going with the flow.
Shoes...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2019, 10:57:35 pm »

and it won't let me type anything now

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2019, 03:31:15 am »

It reminds me a lot of lucid dreaming.  You have control over your actions, but everything you're not currently interacting with is constantly changing and shifting around, and sometimes you get stuck in weird loops or forget what you were doing, even if you're in control you're kind of going with the flow.
That makes sense, you're basically co-storytelling with an unconscious intelligent agent with ADHD.

Anyways, does anybody know how torrenting fit into their new hosting model? Am I helping out with their server by seeding? Or is this a separate offline mirror thing?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 03:33:39 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2019, 05:56:16 am »

forsaken, I found that to be quite hilarious. I noticed the AI broke roughly here:

It looks like it expected a quote and got an action instead. That or somehow cthulhu was inside the tower.
Yeah, I saved right there because of that weird response. It went downhill pretty fast but it still remembered the doctor and I'm apparently very special.

Edit: Yes, if you're seeding you are helping. When it goes to download the files now it starts a torrent download rather than the old method of sending data through google's cloud which was costing them something like 10k a day
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 11:15:18 am by forsaken1111 »

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2019, 06:16:42 am »

Late post, but..well, this game is...something.

Actually, all this latitude of free action had reminded me more of those free-form forum roleplays in one of the subforums here, more than anything else.

Spoiler: So, how does it work? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Did I say fanfics? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 11:06:03 am by JWNoctis »
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2019, 11:23:17 am »

lol, one thing the AI does a lot better than humans is unexpected plot twists. It's like a cousin of uncanny valley. The storytelling is similar to human storytelling, but slightly off in a way that makes it hilarious.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2019, 02:38:02 pm »

Riker: Origins.

Best Star Trek novel I've read in years.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2019, 02:40:11 pm »

O wow. I just started my first game. It started out with some hilarious misunderstandings between te AI and me, but I survived.
Here's what I got so far.

The last scene with Alyssa, and the plot reveal just blew my mind. This is going to be fun.

Edit: It crashed not much later, but it was fun.

Also; the AI has some terrible, terrible ideas about the best way to approach simple issues sometimes

* facepalms*
Just a reminder that we should not put the AI in charge of anything important right now.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 04:07:00 pm by Bralbaard »

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2019, 07:08:54 pm »

O wow. I just started my first game. It started out with some hilarious misunderstandings between te AI and me, but I survived.
Here's what I got so far.

The last scene with Alyssa, and the plot reveal just blew my mind. This is going to be fun.

Edit: It crashed not much later, but it was fun.

Also; the AI has some terrible, terrible ideas about the best way to approach simple issues sometimes

* facepalms*
Just a reminder that we should not put the AI in charge of anything important right now.
:o...At least not an AI without an unconditional and readily accessible revert button.

In the end it's all a fancy way of doing statistics. Taking one's sword and cutting someone open is after all a rather common action in the right context. But. Woah.

Maybe I should actually try to -play- the game next time. :P

EDIT:
Spoiler: And there (click to show/hide)
And then it's stuck in conversation and the story went nowhere. Just when it's starting to get interesting.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 08:12:30 pm by JWNoctis »
Adept Lurker

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2019, 11:30:51 pm »

I think the new versions are being restricted by the profanity/NSFW filter. Anyone know how to disable it on the app? I tried "censor off" but it doesn't seem to have an effect.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2019, 07:02:39 am »

I think the new versions are being restricted by the profanity/NSFW filter. Anyone know how to disable it on the app? I tried "censor off" but it doesn't seem to have an effect.

You need a backslash at the beginning of "censor off", like, "/censor off".

And profanity filter has always been there, so the ability to disable the filter is actually a new feature. Source: Tried to charge the dragon from the knight start with money for fisting him.

EDIT: It's actually an ordinary slash
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 07:43:35 am by CABL »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2019, 11:18:12 am »

And profanity filter has always been there, so the ability to disable the filter is actually a new feature. Source: Tried to charge the dragon from the knight start with money for fisting him.

Unless you ran local and dummied the whole thing out from day 1 - I think there was a no-censor branch back before that, too.

But a least for me, the muscle memory of doing commands without slash is...pretty hard to correct once set in.
Adept Lurker
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17