Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: AI Dungeon 2: AI Based Text Adventure  (Read 47328 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: AI Dungeon 2: AI Based Text Adventure
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2019, 07:51:42 pm »

Is the mobile version... Dumber? I occasionally have problems with the torrenty version misunderstanding or ignoring commands and coming to weird decisions but it was a minority of times. Now when I start the thing I'm working in the fields and watching my mother approach as she dies giving birth to me but it's not her time yet and there's rarely a meaningful difference between issuing a command and just hitting enter.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2019, 02:44:07 am »

Mobile version is pretty dumb: when I first tried it, I started as a knight, killed the dragon, returned home with victory, and decided to throw a banquette in honor of my victory. Then for some reason, the banquette turned into sexual harassment fiesta (my knight kept getting kissed by a noblewoman against his own will, for example), and the game started glitching out when I wanted to cancel the banquette. The next game as a peasant was glitching out pretty much immediately, and that's where I deleted the mobile version from disgust and frustration.

That being said, the main fork tends to be glitchy as well, nowadays, so I'd like to have a gander at some of the forks.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2019, 04:44:57 am »

Oh yeah, the mobile version is a lot dumber. I thought it was the censorship thing, but I can't disable it.

Where would I get the main game? Patreon?
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2019, 05:49:00 am »

Where would I get the main game? Patreon?

The main official colab, PC browser version. Like I've also mentioned before, there are also forks of the game, but didn't try them out yet.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2019, 10:00:03 am »

I love the concept and the game... But damn I wish I could get it to go longer than five minutes before either
A. The game goes 'Busy' and never resumes (even with the ram snippet ran)
B. The A.I. just starts repeating words at me as it devolves into repeating simple words over and over again.

The annoying part is sometimes it really pulls out some surprisingly good writing or a great twist so I want to try it more... at least between the times it just decides you really need to die... often by your own hand...

I hope they.... uh.... add less depressing source material for it to learn from.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2019, 10:03:07 am »

Does this count as a speedrun?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2019, 10:36:24 am »

What the...maybe more people need to do detective games to teach the AI how stories work

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2019, 10:37:55 am »

Does this count as a speedrun?

Hah, I had a peasant game where I got executed on the turn 1 for talking about Communist uprising.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2019, 04:25:23 pm »

It seems the peasants start is horribly bugged in the mobile version, in my two attempts I both ran into myself in the very first turn, and both games turned into a terrible confused mess right away. Other starts appear to be fine.

I have a current game where I am running around as Jesus Christ, trying to re-enact scenes from the bible with reasonable success.
The best conversation I had was this one:

I swear, it should not be possible for an AI to come up with stuff like that.
For some odd reason the game had decided for me that Jesus and the disciples were all vampires. Because I felt it would be wrong for Jesus to start draining people, I decided to turn wine into blood, as per the christian tradition, and the game came up with this:

Hmm. that probably is the most plausible method.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 04:47:19 pm by Bralbaard »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2019, 04:43:25 pm »

At least you didn’t reverse the spell and turn your blood into wine
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 01:56:39 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2020, 08:54:31 am »

I wonder if you could die at turn 0 with custom prompt.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2020, 02:41:18 pm »

I've had an experience like that, I had typed an entry prompt saying that I was a dwarf living in the fortress of boatmurdered, and that I was exploring a particulary dangerous mineshaft.
The game completed the initial text with: "The whole corridor collapses on top of you" and topped it off with "but not until after you have fallen into a pit of lava".
It did sound properly boatmurderish, at least.

The game did continue however, or at least I could type text. I started with "open my eyes" and it turned out I was in the afterlife. (I started out in a room with a concerned looking godess)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2020, 02:52:53 pm »

I've had an experience like that, I had typed an entry prompt saying that I was a dwarf living in the fortress of boatmurdered, and that I was exploring a particulary dangerous mineshaft.
The game completed the initial text with: "The whole corridor collapses on top of you" and topped it off with "but not until after you have fallen into a pit of lava".
It did sound properly boatmurderish, at least.

The game did continue however, or at least I could type text. I started with "open my eyes" and it turned out I was in the afterlife. (I started out in a room with a concerned looking godess)
What happened next? Did you continue this?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2020, 11:05:26 pm »

Is the goddess named Dorna?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2020, 01:39:16 am »

What happened next? Did you continue this?
Is the goddess named Dorna?

She was Artemis, if I'm not mistaken, and she wanted to send me on some errand to the God of Love wo lived in a nearby temple, but apparently wasn't home.
I tried to make it my personal quest to return to the land of the living, but the game didn't really understand the concept, and I did not use the revert option since it was only my second game.
To make a long story short, it quickly derailed into a lot of nonsense.

The game did have this gem that I posted on the previous page.

-snip-

* facepalms*
Just a reminder that we should not put the AI in charge of anything important right now.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 06:57:29 am by Bralbaard »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17