Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts  (Read 41088 times)

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - A series of reversals
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2019, 10:33:10 pm »

Glance at the tortles a look saying "watch out if she tries to stab me". Ask her "you know where I can meet up with the leaders of this town? I've never been here 'fore, and y'all seem friendly enough. Also, you from Canada? Your accent sound like one, and I didn't know about anybody else besides us making it here from either American continent".
Spoiler: Auze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: personal quests (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tortles (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Beyond Appearances
« Reply #196 on: November 27, 2019, 10:19:02 am »

The Keep
Glance at the tortles a look saying "watch out if she tries to stab me". Ask her "you know where I can meet up with the leaders of this town? I've never been here 'fore, and y'all seem friendly enough. Also, you from Canada? Your accent sound like one, and I didn't know about anybody else besides us making it here from either American continent".
[Auze rolled 6+2+2empathy=10]
Carol takes the questions in her stride. "I grew up in Halifax," she says, "I don't rightly know exactly how I ended up here. I've met a bunch of yanks who come and go. I'm sure you will too.

"As for the leaders... the Keep is something of an anarcho-commune. There's no leaders, but there are acting democratic heads of different social functions. Dell is the Forward General at the moment. He's out in the field. Cass heads up the social amenities working group. She's probably doing a stock take in the cellars right now. Frog is Rear General, in charge of keeping base security here." She points to a sour looking man on the wall. "I'm spokesperson for the historical preservation working group."

Dereham

Look for parts for traps from the houses, if parts are found, head to the labyrinth to attempt trap construction
[Sandra rolled 1+1+2wits=4]
Several hours of ransacking the houses for widgets and sharp implement later, and Sandra is no closer to getting a trap sorted. She finds herself in a warehouse with a smoke machine, a cloud seeder and an immense amount of scaffolding stacked precariously along one wall. While trying to find a part for one of the trap plans, she knocks into the scaffolding. There's a rumble and the scaffolding begins to collapse with Sandra right beneath!

The drones do nothing more than film her predicament.

”Your testing my patience, I need some gold leaf enough for a chair, and this is the only location known to me to get some, I have other important matters too attend to to.”

Go inside the catering building, requesting that I get some gold leaf immediately and don’t have much time to chatter and will spare a kudos for it, intimidate as required
[Jager rolled 4+6+0wits=10]
Jager bursts into the building. It's been long abandoned. The TERRATERROR aren't using it and there's nobody around. Just rooms of kitchens, packing rooms, stores full of boxes. Most of the food and kitchen equipment has long been looted, but in one of the backrooms he finds a large box entitled 24k Pure Gold Edible Sheets. The magpie on his leg squarks as Jager lifts up the box.

In nexus Persephone says, "You going to pretty up your armour with that?"

Jager has gained a box of gold leaf.

Bungay
Alright, let’s ask about that Laxfield Mystery and how we can help.
The word about the camp is that the top brass among the Londoners will pay big for information on the Laxfield tower: even more if someone manages to switch it off. Most of their organised fighters are engaged in southern campaigns and hunting down new recruits, with many of the workers in Bungay afraid to go out of the obsidian walls and face the robots alone. Still, as soon as the leader Ray gets back, she's bound to lead an expedition to sort it out personally.

It'd be a five hour trek across country to get there. It's possible some of the mutants here could be persuaded to join in an expedition, or he could go alone.

Accept bus. Use 5 tallies for +1 to weird. Develop new quest to figure out ways to evolve or enhance mutations.
Improve Dependability is complete. Theodore gains +1 tally. Theodore begins quest:

Mutation Evolved
The problem with the mutations is that they're so random. Theodore wonders if it would be possible to improve existing mutations along a planned route. The scientists who did this to him must know something.
Quest location: Amazona Base, Cromer
Quest reward: x2 tallies

Empire Forge
"Oh dang this thing's way nicer that what I thought I was going to find, but I need a plan as how to get it running again."
First see if there are any holes in the roof of the barn, then look at the drive way to see if it has a slant to in, and check the condition of the tires, then after all that lock the barn and lock myself in the RV and rest for a bit and if I need to sleep do so.
[Burt rolled 4+4+2wits-1tired=9]
There don't appear to be any holes in the roof and the barn is lockable. Burt curls up and sleeps, the exhaustion pouring from him. He awakes many hours later to the barn door being broken open, sun streaming through.

In clomps Rovin, the Red Cap from the Legends, his beard blood red, his iron boots heavy on the weeds that cling to the barn entrance. He's carrying a huge sack which is wriggling. Burt opens up the door as his companion says, "I spotted you on the TERRA feeds in nexus. There's a lot of wild stuff happening on their channels nowadays. You got wheels now?"

He throws the sack into the motorhome and out bursts a feral ferret. "Do me a favour and keep it alive? A mate of mine needs a part from it, but they go bad quick when they're dead and I sold off all my memories of biological needs when I got this body."

As Rovin speaks of death, Burt's mind involuntarily flashes back to the body in the farmhouse. He shudders and pushes the thought away.

Burt loses condition: tired. Burt gains an angry ferret.

Spooner Row
”OWOWOWOWOW MYLEGITHURTSSOMUCH”
Promptly fall over on my non-injured side to try and get weight off the side with the crossbow bolt sticking out of it. pray the strangers have mercy that isn’t putting me out of my misery.
[P4 rolled 6+6+0empathy-1keep+1injury=12]
"I think it's friendly, Dell," says one of the women to the man who just shot P4. They all hold fire and watch the cybercat with caution.

"OK deadman. If you're not here to kill us, then what do you want?" Dell asks.

Norwich Riverside
Spend five tallies to raise Empathy to +1.  Stop the boat, and let the owner get on board.  Be ready to hold off the owner physically if attacked, and try to explain what I need the boat for.

I may need a boat, but I don't see why I shouldn't try to gain one peacefully.
[Sandeep rolled 5+5+1empathy-1mob-1stolenboat=9]
The man catches up to the canal boat and climbs aboard. He pulls out a switchblade from his suit jacket. Sandeep launches into an explanation as to what he needs the boat for. He's on an epic quest to strike back at the Nexus itself, and hit the Uploxed where it hurts.

"Aye now if I were in yer position I'd want a boat ter get about to, fair enough," says the man. "And maybe yer didn't know it belonged to anyone. But yer cannae go about stealing just anyone's boat. Tell yer what. I'll take you down river to Postwick. They got a boat graveyard there. Plenty in good nick you could sail instead."

« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 09:05:29 pm by notquitethere »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Beyond appearances
« Reply #197 on: November 27, 2019, 11:17:48 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Try to get out from under the scaffolding

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 27, 2019, 11:21:36 am »

Spoiler: Dr. Amoretto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Quests (click to show/hide)
Look around for people who might be willing to go on an expedition to the Tower with me. Mention that I’m from Walt Labs, my ideas for setting up the Tower to jam, etc.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 27, 2019, 11:27:45 am »

This guy's a mob member, eh?
Accept the offer.  Lets go find a boat.

"It's not so much that I want to kill the nexus, but that I feel we'll never be treated like people if we are incapable of defending ourselves, even in a small way..."

En-route,  try to establish a sympathetic ear for later.  Not to make peace, but someone who I could communicate through later, if I want to make peace or something.  I'll also need people like this if I start broadcasting.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 09:57:00 pm by Devastator »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 27, 2019, 12:05:07 pm »

”I JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT YOU WERE DOING, I DON’T CARE ABOUT THE MOB. IT’S OBVIOUS YOU DON’T LIKE THEM THOUGH, WHY IS THAT?”
As the saying goes: curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 09:23:25 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #201 on: November 27, 2019, 02:48:55 pm »

Spoiler: ForHire (click to show/hide)

”Okay Perosphone how about some sportsmanship?, I challenge and utterly destroy the morph body of your strongest morph pit fighter, and in return I shall get a cloud seeder, I’ll bet one kudos if I impossibly lose. I don’t care if it’s film.

Request a duel of the strongest pit fighter in Dereham for a cloud seeder, store the box somewhere where I’ll retrieve it later

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2019, 05:42:57 am »

"How long am I supposed to watch this thing?"
Throw a blanket or something similar over the ferret, then put it in the RV's stove so it can't get away, then put the RV in neutral and see if Rovin will help me push the it out of the barn so the solar panels can do their thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - A series of reversals
« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2019, 02:05:14 pm »

I guess go to Frog to introduce myself. Talk to a few other people while I’m at it.
Spoiler: Auze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: personal quests (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tortles (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 30, 2019, 01:20:56 pm »

Dereham
Try to get out from under the scaffolding
[Sandra rolled 5+5+1body=11]
Sandra rolls ably aside as the scaffolding collapses in the great storeroom. Sandra finds herself near a back entrance beside a huge pile of fallen planks and poles. The cloud seeding machine is standing thankfully untouched by the fall.

Request a duel of the strongest pit fighter in Dereham for a cloud seeder, store the box somewhere where I’ll retrieve it later
[Jager rolled 4+2+2body=8]
An hour later Jager is standing on the ground surrounded by the 20 foot high walls of a pit. The air is buzzing with drones covering every angle. Blood is soaked into the straw floor covering. Bones and machine parts litter the ground. Persephone's living corpse leans over the barrier at the top and looks down blankly. Sandra's huge millipede morph is curled up next to her, sensors projected down on the pit.

There's a metal gate in the smooth earth wall of the pit. It rumbles open and out walks a mutated monstrosity. Something which could once have been human. It has a body covered in vast bulging growths. These growths even cover the top of its head, leaving it earless, warped and misshapen. The only clothes it has are tattered rags now, but once they were bright orange. It has an immense lower jaw that stretches almost to its distended stomach. A tongue with a razor sharp point flicks out. As it walks out of the gate there is the unearthly sound of bells ringing all around.

Jager leaps aside instinctively as the thing barrels towards him with immense speed. As he leaps aside, one of the boils bursts on the mutant, covering half the pit in yellow-green bubbling pus.

Bungay -> Camel Clearing
Look around for people who might be willing to go on an expedition to the Tower with me. Mention that I’m from Walt Labs, my ideas for setting up the Tower to jam, etc.
[Darrin rolled 6+3+1empathy+1labcoat+1london=12]
Darrin starts making enquiries in the canteen. It turns out Balthazar was intending to head over too so the pair of them team up and wrangle together four others: Gavel with his hammer eyes, Doc Stone of the obsidian walls, Chloe Fontaine with her killer voice, and Big Ben. The lot of them set off into the wild yonder south through the vastly overgrown fields and thickets.

Three hours later the party break through a thick clump of woods and emerge in a clearing. Across the clearing, they see two camels. Doc Stone is jumpy and takes them to be GML agents. The ground shakes and cracks and lava bubbles up and obsidian shards burst out of the ground in pillars all around. The camels scarper, quite understandable. The party are left surrounded by cracked earth, cooling lava pools and unstable lopsided pillars.

"What have I told you about acting prematurely?" Balthazar berates his colleague.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, it's not usually like this!" says Doc Stone. The others exchange a knowing look to the contrary.

Postwick Boat Graveyard
Accept the offer.  Lets go find a boat.

"It's not so much that I want to kill the nexus, but that I feel we'll never be treated like people if we are incapable of defending ourselves, even in a small way..."

En-route,  try to establish a sympathetic ear for later.  Not to make peace, but someone who I could communicate through later, if I want to make peace or something.  I'll also need people like this if I start broadcasting.
[Sandeep rolled 4+2+1empathy-1mob=6]
The guy listens sympathetically as they chug downstream. He introduces himself as Mitchel. They go past the old stadium and the railway sidings and head east out of the city towards the broads. At a fork in the river, they turn left. Nearby is a sprawling boatyard with many boats. Here and there there are men and women in sharp suits walking across the decks. Mitchel calls out as the boat comes near. He starts signing his hands rapidly to one woman. She replies in sign and calls over a group of mobsters to her deck where they converse together out of earshot. Mitchel manoeuvres the boat they're on alongside the others and pulls it to a stop. He grabs a barge pole from the deck.

Sandeep is about to step off the narrowboat when he realises something is amiss. The group of mobsters are walking briskly towards him. He suddenly realises that one of the signs that Mitchel made looked a lot like a gun...

Spooner Row
”I JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT YOU WERE DOING, I DON’T CARE ABOUT THE MOB. IT’S OBVIOUS YOU DON’T LIKE THEM THOUGH, WHY IS THAT?”
As the saying goes: curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.
[P4 rolled 5+3+0empathy+1scarf-1keep=8]
The one called Dell says, "It's complicated. I didn't think you ghosts went in for human politics but here's how it stands: down there in the valley there are some Really Bad people called the Land Pirates. Any moment now, we're expecting some Slightly Less Bad people called the Postwick Mob to roll up. We think they're working together on something. Now we don't want them to know that we know that they might be doing that. Make sense?"

"Uh Dell," says one of the others. "I think that's them."

A woman on a motorbike drives along the road in the valley below towards the area where the Pirates have their encampment. She disappears behind some trees out of sight.

"Time we move in for a closer look," says Dell. "Deadman, if you're sticking around to watch, keep quiet or we'll shoot you some more."

Empire Forge
"How long am I supposed to watch this thing?"
Throw a blanket or something similar over the ferret, then put it in the RV's stove so it can't get away, then put the RV in neutral and see if Rovin will help me push the it out of the barn so the solar panels can do their thing.
[Burt rolled 1+2+2body+1curtain=6]
[Burt rolled 6+6+2body+1rovin=15]
Burt unhooks a ratty old net curtain from one of the windows and throws it over the ferret. The ferret is distracted for about 0.5 seconds before it scrambles onto the top of one of the kitchen shelves and stares down at Burt with malice. The army doctor takes a few steps towards the creature and it hisses at him.

"Well it's not going anywhere," says Rovin, as the pair leave the motorhome to try to push it out into the sun. With the pair of them working at it, the vehicle is easily pushed out into the open.

A few hours later, a green light on the dashboard pops on: it has enough juice to drive.

"I gotta swing by Buried Saint with this ferret at some point," says Rovin. "But there's no hurry."

The Keep
I guess go to Frog to introduce myself. Talk to a few other people while I’m at it.
[Auze rolled 6+1+2empathy+0keep=9]
Auze gets to work meeting the people of the Keep. Frog is a bit of an arsehole. A short man standing on the car walls, looking out at the cityscape. He views the tortles with intense suspicion but otherwise keeps his hellos brief. "Don't make any trouble," he grumbles.

Next Auze meets a slim man arriving on a bicycle cart. “Ar yer orrite bor? Yer from up the city?" he says in passing, incomprehensibly.

Then Auze heads into the castle itself. The central hall is taken up with a museum with cases of old armour, maps, cannons. There's Carol's half-completed model of Norwich made entirely with wooden freezepop sticks. An empty glue pot gathers dust on the table. There's a soup kitchen and he meets and young woman named Francine who is scouring down a verdigris green pauldron, a rusty iron sword on a bench.

"Nice to meet you Auze," she says. She looks at the gun on his hip and the gaggle of tortles about him. "You a fighter then?"

Reminder of New Tally Spend Options
You may spend 2 tallies to do any of the following:
- Change a profession for another profession (you can't have used the profession you want to swap in the last two scenes).
- Lower one stat and raise another (to the normal maximum and minimum amounts).
- Learn about a new eligible quest (the faction is chosen by me, but you'll always be eligible).

The Quest Log Has Been Updated!

New terraterror quest.

Human
Spoiler: The Keep (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Land Pirates (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Postwick Mob (click to show/hide)

Uploxed
Spoiler: Great Marmite League (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Legends (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TERRATERROR (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eyes of Gaia (click to show/hide)

Mutant
Spoiler: Walt Labs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Londoners (click to show/hide)

Neozombie

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 05:11:19 am by notquitethere »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #205 on: November 30, 2019, 01:44:27 pm »

Spoiler: ForHire (click to show/hide)
”Target Acquired, Termination In Process”
Switch mechanical arm into the scythe minigun, start rotating and gunning down the mutant with ill-intent, dodging blows against the mutant with my armored chassis.
(Jager’s Nexus servomotors are weakened, to enhance its physical structure, -1 Connexion for +1 Body (2 Tallies) )

« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 01:52:16 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Suspicions Formed
« Reply #206 on: November 30, 2019, 01:55:37 pm »

Continue scavenging for more trap parts. Focus on parts for the flame trap and the spike trap
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 10:51:14 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 30, 2019, 02:02:10 pm »

Steal the Cloud Seeder and book it to [Thetford forest]

Naturegirl, you need three kudos to complete your Utahraptor assassin quest, I’d be willing to give you two kudos (after cloud seeder quest completion) since I’d like to know how move through the satellites, if you allow me to share in the completion of the Cloud Seeder quest so that you have enough kudos for that one. Meaning you should probably not steal the reward i was trying to mutually share with you, and not instigating the Terraterror faction, the Eye of Gaia don’t have that many allies in the first place. I don’t know maybe do more scavenging in Dereham until this combat is resolved?, it’s your character however

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 30, 2019, 02:18:13 pm »

Steal the Cloud Seeder and book it to [Thetford forest]

Naturegirl, you need three kudos to complete your Utahraptor assassin quest, I’d be willing to give you two kudos (after cloud seeder quest completion) since I’d like to know how move through the satellites, if you allow me to share in the completion of the Cloud Seeder quest so that you have enough kudos for that one. Meaning you should probably not steal the reward i was trying to mutually share with you, and not instigating the Terraterror faction, the Eye of Gaia don’t have that many allies in the first place. I don’t know maybe do more scavenging in Dereham until this combat is resolved?, it’s your character however
Action changed

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 30, 2019, 02:26:57 pm »

Spoiler: Dr. Amoretto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Quests (click to show/hide)
[2 tallies used to switch out Scout profession for Skirmisher.]

"Hey, I understand being on edge, but your powers are flashy and very destructive. Meanwhile, I-" (fire off some keratin spikes at a nearby tree or something) "-can do this stuff relatively discretely. If you're worried about an attack, let us know, but don't just go nova like that unless the danger is right on top of us. That stuff will be useful at the tower - we might even be able to completely destroy the thing with that - but out here, it's just going to draw attention and tell anyone following us where we've been. If they're close enough behind us, they might even be able to tell how long it was since we were here."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27