Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy  (Read 39033 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville...
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2019, 03:54:45 am »

Frank, experiencing difficulty getting up in his hardsuit, stretched out a hand upwards, seeking salvation.

"Little help? Anybody?"

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2019, 04:02:09 am »

Click on the flashlight so that we can see, and go through the double door.
Search for shinies. Which includes anything interesting in addition to valuable. Also Vaiae is the sort to be briefly interested in random boring things like pencils.

"Come on knight, looks like they're getting ahead of us..."

Spoiler: Vaiae (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2019, 04:05:27 am »

Make sure I have taken a video of Frank's epic fail so I can post it on Facetube and get mad views.

If nobody else wants them, loot some of the money and cards. Try to figure out if they're the useful kind of cards.

Then help provide illumination for my teammates. If my flashlight is not enough, pop a flare.

Hotfire90

Re: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2019, 07:59:38 am »

Alice was so focused on reading the article that she didn't notice that the van had already arrived until she looked up for a moment and noticed the empty seats.

"Hey, wait up for me!"

Hurriedly catch up with the others, equip the night vision goggles and explore.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2019, 08:58:44 am »

Spoiler: Nora the Spider (click to show/hide)
Nora asks Thag I’m going ahead, are you coming along!

Go through the new set of double doors
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 12:59:06 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2019, 11:27:43 am »

"Bodies. Six. Continuing further into the compound."

Back before Frank hit a pillar...
"I will now respond to 'Other Robot.'"

Ignore the loot. Quick check for traps on the doors, enter, taking more care to not slip than to not step on the bodies.

Spoiler: Ares (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2019, 12:12:41 pm »

Assist Frank, and then follow Ares.

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2019, 06:14:24 pm »

Oh shit during his trying to figure out who the government spy was he missed everyone leaving the van.

"Hay wait don't leave me, I want to loot shit!"

Use my tape to tape the flash light to my shotgun, then follow everyone else into the corpse hallway.
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2019, 06:40:42 pm »

Search for shinies. Which includes anything interesting in addition to valuable. Also Vaiae is the sort to be briefly interested in random boring things like pencils.

Be ready to stab and chop things with glaive, pet the beetle, it is a good beetle.

Keep up with everyone.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2019, 09:53:52 pm »

Night vision googles on, Crass looks down and examines the corpses on the floor, trying to identify any sign of what might of ripped this people to shreds.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2019, 11:04:57 pm »

Frank, experiencing difficulty getting up in his hardsuit, stretched out a hand upwards, seeking salvation.

"Little help? Anybody?"

Assist Frank, and then follow Ares.

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)

Arp helps Frank, then proceeds with his fellow robot.

Most of what they were carrying is in as bad a state as they are, but you do find a sledgehammer, a working flashlight, a hardhat, a flask, a couple cigars, and a stick of dynamite.

You also find a snazzy metal lighter with a picture  of a woman who should probably be wearing more clothes.

Make sure I have taken a video of Frank's epic fail so I can post it on Facetube and get mad views.

If nobody else wants them, loot some of the money and cards. Try to figure out if they're the useful kind of cards.

Then help provide illumination for my teammates. If my flashlight is not enough, pop a flare.

You realize that you had your thumb over the lens when you were taking the video.

You take the money and the cards. The plastic cards used to be an old world digital money storage device of some sort. They're not very useful anymore, but it is the kind of thing antique collectors and archeologists might pay for.

There's enough flashlights floating around that you don't feel the need to pop a flare.

Alice was so focused on reading the article that she didn't notice that the van had already arrived until she looked up for a moment and noticed the empty seats.

"Hey, wait up for me!"

Hurriedly catch up with the others, equip the night vision goggles and explore.

You don't find anything that hasn't been discovered yet, unless you want to venture further in, but your teammates seem to already be on that as well. So you join the rest of the team in the hallway.

"Bodies. Six. Continuing further into the compound."

Back before Frank hit a pillar...
"I will now respond to 'Other Robot.'"

Ignore the loot. Quick check for traps on the doors, enter, taking more care to not slip than to not step on the bodies.

There is currently a caveman pounding on the door to inspect it for traps as well. However, for some reason, this method does not satisfy you. You thoroughly examine the door, and determine that not only is it not trapped, it isn't even locked.

Oh shit during his trying to figure out who the government spy was he missed everyone leaving the van.

"Hay wait don't leave me, I want to loot shit!"

Use my tape to tape the flash light to my shotgun, then follow everyone else into the corpse hallway.
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)

You finish jury-rigging your weapon and join the rest of the team in the smelly hallway.

Be ready to stab and chop things with glaive, pet the beetle, it is a good beetle.

Keep up with everyone.

It is indeed a good beetle.

You go stand valiantly, yet menacingly, in a pile of corpses.

Night vision googles on, Crass looks down and examines the corpses on the floor, trying to identify any sign of what might of ripped this people to shreds.

You find the same items as the other person. And in addition, you determine that these people were definitely the excavators that went missing.

You can't tell what killed them, but you notice that most of their flesh is missing. And that there are no obviously identifiable wounds.

Horrible smell.. Pile of debris..  This must be either where the inhabitants kill things or where they drop their trash.

Prop the doors open with a rock or something, metal till, maybe?  Then run my wooden club along the ground ahead of me looking for traps or obstacles as I cross the hallway.  If I get to the far doors, bash them a few times to see if that triggers something, or they fall down.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nora the Spider (click to show/hide)
Nora asks Thag I’m going ahead, are you coming along!

Go through the new set of double doors

Thag's attempts at trap detection and door propping go smoothly, if not crudely. As he hammers on the door, he does notice that the door seems to have been damaged. Specifically, it was forced open, towards the hallway.

Once the caveman and robot have finished their examinations of the doors, Nora cuts right to the chase and struts through them.

The room beyond is large. Sleek tiles make up the floor, and the ceiling is vaulted. The room is punctuated by large columns lined up in two rows, running forward along the length of the room. There is a small door on the right wall, and another set of double doors on the far wall.

None of this, however, grabs your attention as much as the thing currently occupying the center of the room.

There is a large, elongated mass in the middle of the chamber. This thing is at least ten feet long, resembling a massive serpentine worm. It has the texture of raw flesh, and the front ends in a gapping maw lined with teeth, which have an uncomfortable resemblance to human bones. The creature lets out a startlingly high-pitched screech when it sees you. Filling the room with a ringing echo.

In addition to this, you see around half a dozen roughly human sized shapes shifting around just beyond the veil of darkness.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2019, 11:35:05 pm »

Give a very large shout, but dive to the side of the doorway, ready to club anything that comes through.  Hopefully the worm thing (or anything else) will be dumb enough to do that.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 04:58:29 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2019, 11:49:45 pm »

Vaiae immediately grabs at the lighter.
"My, what a pretty picture!"
She almost jumps out of her bones at the shriek coming from the next room.
"Aah! What's that!? Come on, knight!"

Drop the lighter into my pack and run into the big room! Protect Nora; stand near her and slash anything that gets close!
While I'm moving, draw a burst of vitality into me, to use later.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2019, 12:24:25 am »

Frank had gotten up just in time to see the door open, and upon sighting the weird flesh-worm-thing, he let loose a shrill scream rivaling that of the creature. His immediate reaction is to draw his revolver and fire at the worm with reckless abandon, stopping only when out of ammo. Any teammates that passed between him and his target did so at their own peril.

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2019, 01:12:51 am »

"Movement detected. Investigating."

Get a better look at the people. If they're armed, order them to drop their weapons. Return fire if fired upon. If the worm attacks, shoot it, otherwise ignore it.

RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22