Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy  (Read 39031 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville...
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2019, 10:20:14 am »

Nora looks towards Thrak ”I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Nora. Why do you move your eyes like that?”

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2019, 02:58:54 pm »

Sherry takes a selfie while making the victory sign. She tries to make it so that many of the others (including their employer) are visible in the picture. She then goes to sit in the van, being careful not to wrinkle her dress.

Sir Ozcar gives you a cheesy grin as you take the picture.

Gib special abilities plz

((Can my wand be used as a projection point?))

Alice decided not to introduce herself just yet, someone was bound to ask her why she was here. Unlike her fellow explorers she brought no visible weapons and while she did wear a ballistic vest, it was a last minute purchase just in case things went horribly wrong. Despite looking unprepared for the upcoming expedition, armed with her trusty wand and her magical talent she was more than ready for anything.

Sir Ozcar Pierre was an interesting person, a famous adventurer who had gotten a contract with the RO, and instead of adventuring himself he sent others to do it for him. This probably had to do with past injuries, both his eye and his hand were made out of crystal both of which were probably expensive prosthetics for a lost eye and a lost hand. Considering this, Alice had the idea to do a quick research on him and his adventures, his past adventures may give her an idea as to what she can expect and it never hurts to know more about your boss.

Get into the van and use my laptop to research Ozcar Pierre.

Yes, the wand acts as a projection point.

(4) Sir Ozcar Pierre is a fairly well know explorer. He's received recognition from a few organization, and is credited with a couple important discoveries. However, you aren't able to find any solid information, mostly just article written about the guy.

Everyone else heads to the van. The van in question is pretty nondescript. Grey painted frame, tinted windows with “Pierre Inc.” printed on them. It's is leading a small cattle car, to transport any animals you may wish to bring. the inside is snug, but you all fit in the back seat. You see the driver, a small clay golem dressed in a waistcoat and wearing a driving cap. He nods to you when you’re all in, and without a word, starts driving.

The van takes you through the winding underground streets of Nede, until you eventually end up in what seems to be an old underground train tunnel. You spot a large hole in the wall up ahead, and sure enough, the van stops just before it.

The hole is big, about the size of a car, and there is yellow police tape criss-crossing the front. Past the perimeter of the hole, you see a raised platform lined by columns. There is a small door on the far wall, that seems to lead into a booth that is also accessible through a window. There are also a pair of ornate double doors next to the window. The room is unlit, and mostly made of nondescript grey stone. Overall, it gives you the impression of a subway station.

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2019, 03:07:41 pm »

Vaiaerioun leans in closer to the frozen knight, though not as close as last time, and speaks in a low voice.
"So, just between the two of us, I don't really trust... all this lot." She waves her hand to indicate the other explorers. "But you seem like a good gal, so how about I watch your back, you watch my back? How's that sound?"

On the way, use duct tape to attach my flashlight to the side of my hardsuit helmet, so that I can have both hands free. Make sure to leave the power button accessible.
Pull the scabbard off of my sword and keep it at the ready. Try to stay near the knight, advancing is she seems inclined to.

Spoiler: Vaiae (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 03:19:22 pm by Egan_BW »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2019, 03:12:29 pm »

A cave!

Thag runs in first, club at the ready.  He then looks into the booth to see if it's empty, after which he tries to open all the doors.  If nothing opens, he smashes the window.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 03:22:32 pm by Devastator »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2019, 03:31:21 pm »

Sherry leaned back and made a melodramatic sigh.
"Oh well. No gentlemen here, I suppose."

She then waited for anyone who wished to get out to do so before going out herself. She carefully walked around and used her camera to document the environment and her teammates' interaction with it.

While she did so, she tried to use her knowledge of history to come up with possibilities of what this place might be.

((I assume telepathy uses projection since it affects things outside myself, right? If not, I'd like to change my skill to focus, please.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2019, 03:37:08 pm »

Spoiler: Nora the Spider (click to show/hide)

Leave the van and follow the caveman

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2019, 04:43:31 pm »

Courier indicates radio, trebuchet indicates speaking.

"Comms check. Beginning sweep."
"Civillians are advised to remain here until the area is secure."

Activate night vision, attempt to get to door before Thag. Either way, slowly and methodically check the booth, and any rooms connected to it. Eliminate all hostiles.

((Permission to swap a point from mind to strength?))
Spoiler: Ares (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2019, 04:54:07 pm »

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)

Frank hops out of the truck at the same time as Ares, and does his best to match the pace of the robot while looking it up and down (not paying full attention to where he's running).

"Hello, other robot! My name is Frank. Who are you?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2019, 05:23:17 pm »

Vaiaerioun leans in closer to the frozen knight, though not as close as last time, and speaks in a low voice.
"So, just between the two of us, I don't really trust... all this lot." She waves her hand to indicate the other explorers. "But you seem like a good gal, so how about I watch your back, you watch my back? How's that sound?"

On the way, use duct tape to attach my flashlight to the side of my hardsuit helmet, so that I can have both hands free. Make sure to leave the power button accessible.
Pull the scabbard off of my sword and keep it at the ready. Try to stay near the knight, advancing is she seems inclined to.

That jangling in their helmet stops, the sound of breath lightly rattling their helmet before. A small sound of approval, it was nice she'd suppose to have a comrade. Someone at the very least seemingly liking her or at the least trusting her, it inspired faint feelings inside them. As their hands, their frostbitten gauntlets grasped at their Glaive. Their legs went over their mount, as it quietly skittered out of the van and began to gently trail the raven.

The women's massive shaft hefted and grasped firmly, ready for whatever foe may require fierce and painfully cold penetration.

The Frosted Knight, equips her Glaive, mounts her Giant Blue Beetle and sticks behind the Raven Vaiae as they advance.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2019, 05:39:26 pm »

Arp draws his axe and walks in alongside Frank and Ares.

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2019, 12:50:09 am »

Ares turns towards Frank, his featureless head tilted as he scanned the human

”I am an Autonomous Reconiassance/Exploration System model robot. Serial number 32854. To date, I have been referred to as Ares, Scout, Rob, Bot...

He continues listing names of increasing oddity and irrelevance until either cut off or ending several minutes later with “other robot.”
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2019, 01:54:41 am »

Frank nods happily at each name, steadily getting dizzier as the list gets longer. He seems to snap out of it at the last one.

"Hey, that's what I just called you! Does that mean... does that make us friends? Is this a friendly nickname?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2019, 03:01:43 am »

(I'll be grabbing Spectral Aspect)

Crass steps off the back of the van, taking in the sights and sound of his current group and the dungeon they're are going to be delving into. His breath hisses through his brass mouth guard.

"Well, ain't this a sorry site."

Crass follows the rest of the group, sticking as far back as possible.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2019, 03:39:37 am »

Attaching the flashlight goes well, the hardsuit actually has mounts on the side of the helmet and on the chest plate for just that purpose.

A cave!

Thag runs in first, club at the ready.  He then looks into the booth to see if it's empty, after which he tries to open all the doors.  If nothing opens, he smashes the window.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Thag breathes heavily, then sprints forth with reckless abandon. He seems to like this cave much better than the literal cities worth of caves he inhabits on a daily basis.

There does not appear to be any living things in the booth. Infact, the booth is largely empty, other than a large metal till right under the window. All the doors are unlocked, so the window gets by unscathed. For now…

The small door simply provides access to the booth. The double doors take a bit of elbow grease, but eventually creak open. Thag is instantly greeted by a horrendous smell from within. Past the doors is a short stone hallway, which leads directly to another set of double doors. There appears to be detritus of some sort littering the floor, but it’s too dark to see it in great detail.

Sherry leaned back and made a melodramatic sigh.
"Oh well. No gentlemen here, I suppose."

She then waited for anyone who wished to get out to do so before going out herself. She carefully walked around and used her camera to document the environment and her teammates' interaction with it.

While she did so, she tried to use her knowledge of history to come up with possibilities of what this place might be.

((I assume telepathy uses projection since it affects things outside myself, right? If not, I'd like to change my skill to focus, please.))

You walk around, taking pictures of your surrounding: the hole, the doors, the booth, the gagging caveman (You add that one to your favorites).

(2 5) You are vaguely aware that this structure was part of the old world’s infrastructure. Other than that, you’re not really sure. It is almost definitely some sort of train station, but it seems too small considering how large the old world city here was.

Yeah, telepathy would probably use projection for the most part.

Spoiler: Nora the Spider (click to show/hide)

Leave the van and follow the caveman

Nora follows the caveman, double checking everything after he finishes. She doesn't find anything more than he did.

Courier indicates radio, trebuchet indicates speaking.

"Comms check. Beginning sweep."
"Civillians are advised to remain here until the area is secure."

Activate night vision, attempt to get to door before Thag. Either way, slowly and methodically check the booth, and any rooms connected to it. Eliminate all hostiles.

((Permission to swap a point from mind to strength?))
Spoiler: Ares (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)

(Changing your point is fine)

Ares finds the perimeter disappointingly devoid of hostiles.

He doesn’t manage to reach the door before Thag, but he does take the time to search the booth. He finds to majority of the booth to be empty, but in the till, he finds about a dozen metal coins, 2 plastic cards, and a larger metal one, which looks like an old holepunch card.

When Ares looks in the hallway, he is able to use his nightvision to discern that the detritus on the floor is actually half a dozen shredded corpses.

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)

Frank hops out of the truck at the same time as Ares, and does his best to match the pace of the robot while looking it up and down (not paying full attention to where he's running).

"Hello, other robot! My name is Frank. Who are you?"

Frank runs alongside Ares, staring at the robot and ignoring everything in front of him. He is abruptly halted by a column to the face.

That jangling in their helmet stops, the sound of breath lightly rattling their helmet before. A small sound of approval, it was nice she'd suppose to have a comrade. Someone at the very least seemingly liking her or at the least trusting her, it inspired faint feelings inside them. As their hands, their frostbitten gauntlets grasped at their Glaive. Their legs went over their mount, as it quietly skittered out of the van and began to gently trail the raven.

The women's massive shaft hefted and grasped firmly, ready for whatever foe may require fierce and painfully cold penetration.

The Frosted Knight, equips her Glaive, mounts her Giant Blue Beetle and sticks behind the Raven Vaiae as they advance.

The frozen knight rides her beetle valiantly into the subway station. There’s just enough clearance for her to do this without hitting her head on the top of the hole. Vaiae scurries after her.

Arp draws his axe and walks in alongside Frank and Ares.

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)
(I'll be grabbing Spectral Aspect)

Crass steps off the back of the van, taking in the sights and sound of his current group and the dungeon they're are going to be delving into. His breath hisses through his brass mouth guard.

"Well, ain't this a sorry site."

Crass follows the rest of the group, sticking as far back as possible.

Arp keeps pace with his fellow robot. Crass emerges from within the van and follows behind.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2019, 03:51:30 am »

Horrible smell.. Pile of debris..  This must be either where the inhabitants kill things or where they drop their trash.

Prop the doors open with a rock or something, metal till, maybe?  Then run my wooden club along the ground ahead of me looking for traps or obstacles as I cross the hallway.  If I get to the far doors, bash them a few times to see if that triggers something, or they fall down.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 03:54:27 am by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22