Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: Dominions 5 Round 04 - Game Finished! Mutual Flagellatio Victorious!  (Read 41212 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 Round 04 - Hue'll be Missed
« Reply #210 on: November 16, 2019, 01:01:45 pm »

I almost want the turn to be run so I can just get wiped out. The waiting is killing me :P

Not fair to Phaecia though, I know.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2019, 07:50:13 am »

I've postponed the game a bunch while we look for a replacement. We'll see if anyone wants to step up in the thread but I suspect that Phaeacia might have to go AI. We'll see.
I'd say wait until tomorrow. Pretty much all the prospective players read the main Dominions thread, so if they don't step up soon, they likely won't at all.

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 17, 2019, 12:18:13 pm »

Alright, posted in the main thread that I'd be willing to sub in. I'll PM usec the email to set the nation to. If any relevant players/nations would like to pm me some general context, it would be appreciated.
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 17, 2019, 12:23:01 pm »

To all players:
Assuming Endymion does end up taking the game, all other players who might be attacking Phaeacia should stop doing so (i.e. resend an appropriately modified turn) - the new player should be given at least one turn grace period.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 17, 2019, 02:30:01 pm »

Alright. Endymion is now taking charge of Phaeacia. They have plenty of time to check their situation, talk with everyone and figure out a plan, so once they get their turn in the game will continue. Thanks for your patience.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 17, 2019, 02:55:45 pm »

To all players:
Assuming Endymion does end up taking the game, all other players who might be attacking Phaeacia should stop doing so (i.e. resend an appropriately modified turn) - the new player should be given at least one turn grace period.
Here goes my massive "surprise attack".  ::)
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 Round 04 - Replacement Found for Murder Mountain
« Reply #216 on: November 18, 2019, 05:45:57 pm »

RIP Huehue, you fought well. It's good I captured those rings of levitation off your sortie earlier, or I might have ended up fighting without the bless, and that would not be a foregone conclusion.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 18, 2019, 06:03:30 pm »

Yeah, I don't know why I kept the rings on the force I sent out to try and drive you away. Merry early Christmas, I guess.

I'm not sure why Huehueteotl couldn't wake up in the final battle. I mean, he was a rock. He can't attack in melee, and from the description only attacking and spellcasting generate fatigue. Yet once Marignon troops closed in he was just stuck around 200 fatigue for the rest of the battle.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2019, 06:04:37 pm »

It was the heat aura. It causes fatigue damage (and occasionally sets things on fire).

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2019, 06:07:10 pm »

Ah, dammit. That explains that. Should have tried crafting some sort of fire protection item but I was, understandably enough, more than a little panicked :P

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2019, 06:27:54 pm »

All in good sport.

Now, if only I could figure out what 11-dimensional chess Ti'en Ch'i is playing. What with attacking with one army instead of all three that could.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 18, 2019, 06:52:45 pm »

All in good sport.

Now, if only I could figure out what 11-dimensional chess Ti'en Ch'i is playing. What with attacking with one army instead of all three that could.
I'm pretty sure it's an overminded attempt to make me think he's totally not attacking me.  :P
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #222 on: November 19, 2019, 12:24:49 am »

Or it could be me missing something?

Oh wow, I just loaded up the new turn and something went wrong with my turn (on my side). I was only attacking Phaeacia the previous turns and was not planning any attack this last turn at all. I have no clue why that army attacked Marignon.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 19, 2019, 08:35:00 am »

I was only attacking Phaeacia
I wonder when this chain of dogpiles will end.
Rest of the sigs

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #224 on: November 19, 2019, 01:11:27 pm »

To be fair my attack ended once I realized that first turn of attacks had taken out any possible avenue of attack. I would have to go through someone else's land to attack Phaeacia further.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20