Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 58158 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, February Purchases
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2019, 06:26:07 pm »

We have prions. They are probably relatively effective. Good enough.  Lets see...we need a way to inject these into the baddies.  And Sy did want these man portable. Hmmm.

AH! Rocket Propelled Syringe! The most simple of things! Modified RPG with a gallon tank of concentrated prions at the payload! Stick a big hypodermic spike on the front and design it so that up hitting it injects the payload. 

Get it done! Make a bunch of them for soldiers!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2019, 02:52:38 pm »

(Hey Devastator would it be possible to sell some of my spare hallucinogen to make some extra money?)

Mean while in Dr. Unpleasant's abandoned factory lab he realizes that he might have imbibed to much of the powder while working in it, and sense he didn't die maybe he could pad his income with it.
Its time for testing let some random animals eat the hallucinogen and see what happens, then give it to some willing human participants and see what happens.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2019, 03:09:33 pm »

Not really.  You've got Mad Science hallucinogens.  Other than for you, they're basically contact poisons that will kill anyone, and only behave properly in a heavily secured place.  They're potent enough to have potential effects on creatures larger than many buildings, after all.  For you they will operate in your base, although if they're potent enough they might eventually cause problems even so.

You can sell them to the anti-kaiju orgs, but in order to deliver them, you need to leave your base, which will cost you upkeep, so don't sell them for too little.

You can abandon your hallucinogens to research a new building, such as a drug front or something, but it'll then cost money to build one.  That'll give you some extra income.

In general, the two factions are intended to work together.  Conventional research will take quite a long time to produce something awesome, which mad science can do much quicker, if more erratically.  But mad scientists don't have money, which means they need funding, which the orgs do have, to produce and actually use those crazy items.

The only real sellables are kaiju bits.  I'll have selling prices for them when I update the rules properly, but it'll be about 10 for skin, muscle, and guts, 20 for specific organs, and 30 for brains or special pieces, like if the organic lasers were recoverable from the last kaiju.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2019, 04:54:05 pm »

Happytime Atrocities Inc. is formally seeking to contract out research work to gifted and motivated individuals with no moral or legal inhibitions whatsoever. Our current primary areas of interest are in superior tank design and nonbiological warfare, but we are a flexible, growth-focused organization interested in anything and everything that may assist with the problem in question. If you meet our qualifications and any of the following projects appeals to you, don't hesitate to contact us today!

-Kaiju Skin: Flexible tank armor
-Kaiju Skin: Munitions or techniques to pierce or strip away Kaiju hide
-Kaiju Muscle/Heart: Organic engines to build tanks with better speed and maneuverability
-Kaiju Muscle: Organic treads or other limbs to build tanks with better speed and maneuverability
-Any project utilizing Kaiju Skin as a research material
-Any project utilizing Kaiju Muscle as a research material
-Any project utilizing Kaiju Guts as a research material
-Any project utilizing Kaiju Heart as a research material
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2019, 06:38:10 pm »

Not really.  You've got Mad Science hallucinogens.  Other than for you, they're basically contact poisons that will kill anyone, and only behave properly in a heavily secured place.  They're potent enough to have potential effects on creatures larger than many buildings, after all.  For you they will operate in your base, although if they're potent enough they might eventually cause problems even so.

I've changed my mind about that.  You can certainly use your project in an attempt to get money.  Do so during the action phase.  You will have to pay upkeep, but you might profit, and there might be other consequences, but you can do so.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, January Actions
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2019, 08:00:59 pm »

EVIL Turn Actions

"Not enough firepower... Ugh, death rays don't get built like they used to, but I need a bigger lab maybe?" Lord Silver muses as he works on the death ray, remembering when he had a dozen working examples back when it was supervillain time... a time long past, sadly. He'd even lost Doom's phone number so he couldn't just have better parts stolen. Still, no matter how long the labor took, he'd have that death ray eventually no matter how many people he had to kill to get it working!

Work on upgrading the death ray so that it is a better truck mounted death ray.

After working on his death ray, Lord Silver mails some advertisements to the Anti-Kaiju Organizations, offering to sell his Truck Mounted Deathray to whomever offers him the most money for it, to be delivered the next round. "Minimum cost of 100 Evil Dollars, for it will cost me 80 Evil Dollars to leave my evil lair to make the delivery," Lord Silver writes. "But in return you will gain painful death at a distance to any enemy you possess for whomever offers the biggest bribe to get this wonderful machine added to their forces."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2019, 07:20:36 pm »

Hrrm.  To afford that black market jet fighter, USSCCI requires an additional 63 funding, between the actual 200 units of cost, and the price of the hangar.  If we get it, though, we can reverse engineer it next turn--likely getting the same design as the normal jet--and manufacture them at a likely substantial cost reduction.

Is anyone up for providing some financial assistance?  In trade, I can supply a full infantry platoon, along with access to the resulting reverse-engineered design (unless I just give it to everyone... which is fairly likely), and provide an offer to purchase units for you, using my military connections to get a 25% discount.  That last one, of course, will require you to pay for the (reduced) cost, and will probably be delayed somewhat since I have to send the units to you after purchasing them.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2019, 07:53:16 pm »

Sharing technical specifications between kaiju-orgs is possible, but they'll require reverse-engineering for 20 as if you send them a copy of the actual piece of equipment.  They won't need a large lab, though, like the plane would, but a small one would be fine.

I'd recommend just building multiples and sending them around if you want a lot of something.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 08:02:50 pm by Devastator »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2019, 05:15:17 pm »

Hrrm.  To afford that black market jet fighter, USSCCI requires an additional 63 funding, between the actual 200 units of cost, and the price of the hangar.  If we get it, though, we can reverse engineer it next turn--likely getting the same design as the normal jet--and manufacture them at a likely substantial cost reduction.

Is anyone up for providing some financial assistance?  In trade, I can supply a full infantry platoon, along with access to the resulting reverse-engineered design (unless I just give it to everyone... which is fairly likely), and provide an offer to purchase units for you, using my military connections to get a 25% discount.  That last one, of course, will require you to pay for the (reduced) cost, and will probably be delayed somewhat since I have to send the units to you after purchasing them.
I have no pressing financial needs this turn, so I can loan you the money for some later benefit. Unsure how interested I am in jet fighters.

Head Scientist: Research Improved Kaiju Harvesting to get more out of the corpses. (-20)
Loan 63 credits to USSCCI
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2019, 03:03:29 am »

Research armored technicals.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, February Actions
« Reply #116 on: October 14, 2019, 01:23:22 pm »

Spoiler: Stirk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadowclaw777 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Irony Owl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

(Mad Scientists to follow, hopefully tomorrow or the next day.)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2019, 09:22:45 pm »

Spoiler: Naturegirl 1999 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Piecewise (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Happerry (click to show/hide)

Sometimes mad science projects escape containment and cause havok.  This becomes more likely as the project gets more powerful, but there is no certain way to be sure about the timing of an escape.  They can cause havok within your base, and possibly even escape it entirely.  Odds of this happening can be mitigated by additional security devices.

You are never at threat of dying, but if too many projects escape your base, the obligatory mob of pitchforks and torches will arrive, and the laws of Mad Science require your retirement at that point.

All buildings can be repaired in a single phase, for a cost of 10.  In addition, any damaged building being repaired can not be used that phase.

A damaged building will function as normal, but it no longer provides additional protection from rampaging projects.  If it is damaged again, it may be destroyed, upon which it'll need to be rebuilt.  No intact building will be destroyed by only one rampage.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2019, 09:58:47 pm »

Question, how big is my slime? Also did the ras and squierrel and racoon help it grow?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, February Actions
« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2019, 10:02:48 pm »

About cat-sized.  And no, not that you noticed, you killed a few rats but the bodies are just sitting there.  If you want to make more goop, it's possible, but please say so.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44