Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31

Author Topic: Pure Nomic (Players Needed)  (Read 34357 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pure Nomic
« Reply #300 on: September 11, 2019, 10:47:25 am »

Spirit Warrior Anatomy
Spirit entities must have three components:
At least one sense organ, a body, and some manipulators.
Sense organs, for the purposes of this rule can vary and do not need to be organic. Manipulators must be some way of interacting with things outside the spirit entity. All three components must be listed when creating a spirit entity.

Explanation that isn't part of the proposal: Sense organs can be anything from obvious stuff like eyes (organic or otherwise), ears, noses, and etc and can be anything as unintuitive as gravity detecting organs, heat sensors, etc.

Manipulators can be anything as obvious as graspers like hands and weapons like claws to things that are less obvious like hypnosis organs, telekinetic organs, etc. Even an organ that produces water on command would count.
+1
I support this, it gives more information on constructing a Spirit Entity
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 11, 2019, 10:18:27 pm »

Holy Law: The Pantheon of Binaries
There is a pantheon of deities that has a deity for every aspect and its opposite. Players must worship at least one of its deities. The list of available deities will be provided in a future Holy Law.

Reason: I want to get to work on making Holy Laws to promote more activity and I think that making a pseudo-cult would be fun.

Reminder: There is no penalty for violating these religious laws. They are an optional sub-game.
Discord: Liberonscien#0930

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #302 on: September 11, 2019, 11:25:34 pm »

Probably wont be able to make an update post till Saturday.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 12, 2019, 12:05:48 am »

That is fine.

Holy Law: Chaos Deity

One of the most prominent deities is a deity of chaos. All attempts at using its real name and title end in failure. It can only be referred to by a random sapient organism name. Its title can only be referred to by a synonym for chaos.

Reason: I want a chaos god.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 12, 2019, 09:43:47 am »

Question, will the pantheon include the alignments of current characters?

That is fine.

One of the most prominent deities is a deity of chaos. All attempts at using its real name and title end in failure. It can only be referred to by a random sapient organism name. Its title can only be referred to by a synonym for chaos.

+1
If the above question is yes, we have a Pokémon, a god of death, a god of chaos, a god of order, a god of the sun and moon, this will be interesting

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 12, 2019, 11:00:19 am »

That is fine.

+1
If the above question is yes, we have a Pokémon, a god of death, a god of chaos, a god of order, a god of the sun and moon, this will be interesting
Well, that isn't an explicit part of the rule but they could certainly be added via explicit proposal.

I already have a plan of sorts on how I am going to translate these Holy Laws into scripture. I know that we have differing sentence structures and instead of ignoring that I am going to use it. I will create characters that are the authors of the scripture. One player will get a few characters, another player will get another set of characters, and so on. This is to help make it more like a religious work.

The idea with the duality is to both imply a wider pantheon and to focus the deities around a single core aspect. I do not want discordanant deities that make no sense.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 12, 2019, 11:02:42 am »

That is fine.

+1
Well, that isn't an explicit part of the rule but they could certainly be added via explicit proposal.

I already have a plan of sorts on how I am going to translate these Holy Laws into scripture. I know that we have differing sentence structures and instead of ignoring that I am going to use it. I will create characters that are the authors of the scripture. One player will get a few characters, another player will get another set of characters, and so on. This is to help make it more like a religious work.

The idea with the duality is to both imply a wider pantheon and to focus the deities around a single core aspect. I do not want discordanant deities that make no sense.
Sounds cool

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #307 on: September 12, 2019, 11:34:43 am »

My fellow Global Directors, I approach all of you in an important trial. The accusation of Clockwork who, on multiple occasions violoated the following rule:

Wednesdays you cannot propose any new rules or rule revisions.

Spoiler: EVIDENCE (click to show/hide)

A reminder of how a trial works:
An accuser, who doesn't need to be a Global Director, must make an accusation by posting a Global Director's nickname in bold red font, and any supporting evidence of that Global Director having broken any rules. After posting the accusation the trial will last 48 hours, and there is no limit to the number of active trials. Any Global Director can support the accusation by suggesting a penalty; this can be death, a point fee of some amount and who it would go to if anyone, or both, or nothing at all. If 3 or more non-accuser Global Directors support the accusation when the trial has ended the defendant must suffer the penalty. The third highest penalty is to be enforced, going by death as the maximum and the number of points lost as the secondary scale. The Global Director to suggest the punishment is to carry it out within 1 week of the trial ending. Global Directors can change their suggested punishment or withdraw their support as desired throughout the trial.

Fortunately for Clockwork, there are only a few ways for this trial to succeed:
A. Everyone who supported these invalid proposals convicts Clockwork, including Clockwork themself.
B. Some of A and/or C, and TTE/Bookkeeper returns and supports it.
C Some of A and/or B, and a new Global Director joins and supports it.

I would suggest a penalty of a loss of 10 points. Once, for all infractions on record.
example: "I support Clockwork Accusation 1, and suggest a penalty of a loss of 10 points."

Regardless of the verdict, these proposals lose all votes, because no proposal can be made on Wednesday, these are not actual proposals.

Quote from: Votes
Global Director Rebirth and Misc.(4): Clockwork, naturegirl1999, King Zultan, Marbles
Bookkeeping: Game Change Requirements(3): Marbles, Clockwork, Zultan
Bookkeeping: Director Registration(3): Marbles, Clockwork, Zultan
Bookkeeping: TC updating the OP(3): Marbles, Clockwork, Zultan
Bookkeeping: Proposal Limitations(3): Marbles, Clockwork, Zultan
Bookkeeping: Citizen Registration(3): Marbles, Clockwork, Zultan
Cherry on Top(4): Marbles, Clockwork, Digresser, Zultan
Me Time(4): Clockwork, Marbles, Digresser, Zultan
Beta Beginning/Divine Decree(4): Clockwork, Marbles, Digresser, Zultan
Chaos Deity(1): Clockwork
Clockwork Accusation 1(0/3):

And now, I would like to make a statement.
Nomic is not a game of optional suggestions. It is a game of rules. When the premise of the game is not respected, the quality of the content of its' make, suffers. No Proposal Wednesday passed with 4 of 4 active GDs supporting vote. Everyone wanted this. Personally, I proposed it because I sought to stay active in the voting, and this allowed for a respectable down time. I might look past proposing a little early into Thursday, but voting late past Tuesday means nearly a full day is robbed from voters who expect the rule to be followed. It is not called Delayed Proposal Wednesday. It is called No Proposal Wednesday.

I wont get too much into my personal feeling on this, though know it distressed me enough to put this trial together. More or less, I considered leaving the game. Regardless of that an accusation only asks 2 questions:
1. Was a rule broken?
2. What should the penalty be?

You all have 48 hours to decide.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 12, 2019, 11:45:19 am »

Global Director Rebirth and Misc.(4): Clockwork, naturegirl1999, King Zultan, Marbles
Chaos Deity(2): Clockwork, Naturegirl1999
Clockwork Accusation 1(1/3):Naturegirl1999
I will pay more attention to the dates from now on

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 12, 2019, 01:28:57 pm »

Yesterday I forgot it was No Proposal Wednesday. I have not been keeping a close watch on the date and for that I apologize. I understand if an apology is not enough. I think that if it was someone else then I would suggest a proportionate punishment. One set of points removed per instance of rule infraction. In this kind of situation then I would do the following:

"I support Clockwork Accusation 1, and suggest a penalty of a loss of 20 points."

Ten points per instance of rule infraction. Ignorance of the rules is no defense. There was every chance for the defendant, which I won't name specifically because it is awkward, to make all of the proper checks. It is not as if it was an easily missed set of hours. It was an entire day. There is very little excuse given the timeframe of the two instances of rule infraction. It would be understandable if it occurred a few minutes into Wednesday or a few minutes before Thursday.

In a way it is fortunate for the defendant that there are no rules about negligence.

Thoughts?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #310 on: September 12, 2019, 02:37:27 pm »

@Digresser, what is your suggested penalty?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 12, 2019, 10:47:51 pm »

Chaos Deity(3): Clockwork, Naturegirl1999, Zultan
Clockwork Accusation 1(2/3):Naturegirl1999, Zultan

"I support Clockwork Accusation 1, and suggest a penalty of a loss of 10 points."

I say only ten because its a first offense.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #312 on: September 12, 2019, 11:09:38 pm »

He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 12, 2019, 11:11:15 pm »

There is a pantheon of deities that has a deity for every aspect and its opposite. Players must worship at least one of its deities. The list of available deities will be provided in a future Holy Law.

Reason: I want to get to work on making Holy Laws to promote more activity and I think that making a pseudo-cult would be fun.

Reminder: There is no penalty for violating these religious laws. They are an optional sub-game.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 13, 2019, 04:05:52 am »

+1
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31